Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

I've watched this case from afar for years now. It hits hard and I pray for the family. It seems to me that the heavy-hitter true crime TV shows are "Dateline" and "48 Hours." Does anyone know if those two shows have looked into this case (meaning, thinking about doing a story)? "Dateline" seems to have cases that have resolutions so the fact that it has not picked up on this case makes some sense but "48 Hours" has often run stories regarding missing persons, with no resolution. It seems to me that this is the type of case that will be resolved the more pressure and attention it receives. The people that know this case say it is a "solvable" case; it's just a matter of time and increased pressure. I've always been curious whether the true crime shows (MSM) have been sniffing around this part of Texas. It looks like they would have a few cases to choose from.

Last edited:
I don't have anything profound to add or new theories but just two general observations based on the Klein podcast from this week and the news regarding this week with the anniversary. First, I'd bet that the people who are most shocked by the case are the perpetrators themselves. Even though they know what happened, I have a hunch that the facts of this case are pretty simple and straightforward and that LE just made things more complicated, probably unintentionally. For example, my guess is that the shed/warehouse is the crime scene and that the perpetrators never guessed that LE would think that it's NOT the crime scene. There is no way the dowel rod was intentionally placed there either; the perpetrators forgot it. Second, the fact that there is a $25,000 reward and no information has been provided that results in paying out that reward leads me to wonder whether the only people who know what happened are the perpetrators (meaning, they've somehow kept a secret for 4 years). I hope I am wrong on my second point but it's just odd that nothing has come of this case. It's certainly possible that more people know but $25,000 is less money than what they'd lose if someone goes to prison, etc. I'm praying that Klein Investigations can move this case across the finish line and provide some closure to the family. The one piece that really confuses me though is the driver's license.

Last edited:
Michael Glenn Chambers – The Charley Project

Michael’s case has been added to The Charley Project site.

Details of Disappearance
Chamber was last seen in Quinlan, Texas on March 10, 2017. He went to Walmart at 11:00 a.m., purchased some makeup for his wife and some other items, then returned to his residence in the 7000 block of FM 2101 to work in his home workshop where he restored cars as a hobby. He has never been heard from again and a trail of blood spots, confirmed by DNA to be Chambers's blood, was later found in the workshop.

His wife, who last spoke to him at 8:00 a.m., reported him missing after she arrived home from work that night and the house was empty. There were no indications of a struggle, and it's not clear whether Chambers was forcibly abducted or whether he injured himself in his workshop and left seeking help. Authorities stated that the blood trail in the workshop could have been staged.

All of Chambers's vehicles were left behind at home, as were his keys and wallet, but his cellular phone, driver's license and some cash was missing. Investigators believe he went missing sometime between 12:00 and 3:00 p.m.

Shortly after Chambers's disappearance, his wife removed him from their cellular phone plan, sold his collection of restored classic cars, and and had him declared legally dead. She stated she was struggling financially. Chambers's adoptive son had recently argued with him about money, and he was questioned by police and took a polygraph. He passed the polygraph and had an alibi for the time his father disappeared.

Chambers's wife attempted to take a polygraph in her husband's case in June 2017, but due to prescription medications she was taking, the test could not be completed. Authorities discovered she'd had multiple affairs during her marriage; she said her husband knew about this but never confronted her.

Police traced Chambers's cellular phone signal to a bridge on Lake Tawakoni, seventeen miles from his home. The signal switched off at about 5:53 a.m. the day he disappeared. Investigators speculated he rode a bike out there and jumped off the bridge in a suicide. However, Chambers's only bicycle was in disrepair and was left behind at home, his loved ones don't think he could have ridden a bike that far because he had bad knees, and divers found no sign of his body under the bridge.

His case remains unsolved and the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

I think about this case a lot and I've come to the conclusion that this case won't get solved until there is a sustained pressure on law enforcement to solve it. Netflix now prides itself as the home for true crime. Think of all the possibilities for a series on this case or a series that is broader and focuses on all the missing people from Hunt County. Many true crime series on Netflix have a central case but deal with peripheral issues. This series could focus on the Michael Chambers case and all the different theories or it could raise issues related to small town (rural) justice or all the different criminal justice issues in Hunt County. Heck, one episode could focus on websleuthing in general and how it helps (or doesn't help) law enforcement efforts. This case, along with the other cases in Hunt County, would receive TREMENDOUS attention. I'm sure Philip Klein would participate too. The worst thing for this case, in my humble opinion, is for public pressure to die away.

I think about this case a lot and I've come to the conclusion that this case won't get solved until there is a sustained pressure on law enforcement to solve it. Netflix now prides itself as the home for true crime. Think of all the possibilities for a series on this case or a series that is broader and focuses on all the missing people from Hunt County. Many true crime series on Netflix have a central case but deal with peripheral issues. This series could focus on the Michael Chambers case and all the different theories or it could raise issues related to small town (rural) justice or all the different criminal justice issues in Hunt County. Heck, one episode could focus on websleuthing in general and how it helps (or doesn't help) law enforcement efforts. This case, along with the other cases in Hunt County, would receive TREMENDOUS attention. I'm sure Philip Klein would participate too. The worst thing for this case, in my humble opinion, is for public pressure to die away.

Dear @Soccerfan,

These are all important ideas you've shared!

I certainly agree with you, as well, that Mr. Chambers' case needs to be (and stay) in the public discourse.

I think of Michael Chambers and how wonderful he was to his family. It's so deeply saddening that he was torn from their lives. Just horrendous.

It seemed as if the case was "blocked" from the beginning. I can't put my finger on it but it has always appeared that way to me.

There is always hope for justice for Mr. Chambers. Your ideas could be what makes the difference.

Dear @Soccerfan,

These are all important ideas you've shared!

I certainly agree with you, as well, that Mr. Chambers' case needs to be (and stay) in the public discourse.

I think of Michael Chambers and how wonderful he was to his family. It's so deeply saddening that he was torn from their lives. Just horrendous.

It seemed as if the case was "blocked" from the beginning. I can't put my finger on it but it has always appeared that way to me.

There is always hope for justice for Mr. Chambers. Your ideas could be what makes the difference.

"Disappeared" was my favorite TV show. I'd be able to watch the episodes, however, and move on. When I watched this episode, however, I found myself in a daze, constantly shaking my head every time I looked into it. As you wrote, it did seem like it was "blocked," or something like that. So many strange, strange pieces to this puzzle and no apparent commitment or drive from law enforcement. After the first few days, it seemed to just get swept under the rug (or a desire to). Then that weird suicide theory that had a thousand holes. So very strange. I want Netflix -- or some media entity like it -- to pick this up and run with it.

"Disappeared" was my favorite TV show. I'd be able to watch the episodes, however, and move on. When I watched this episode, however, I found myself in a daze, constantly shaking my head every time I looked into it. As you wrote, it did seem like it was "blocked," or something like that. So many strange, strange pieces to this puzzle and no apparent commitment or drive from law enforcement. After the first few days, it seemed to just get swept under the rug (or a desire to). Then that weird suicide theory that had a thousand holes. So very strange. I want Netflix -- or some media entity like it -- to pick this up and run with it.

Yes, that "suicide theory" that suddenly appeared -almost as if it was "planted" to muddy the waters. JMO

Yes, that "suicide theory" that suddenly appeared -almost as if it was "planted" to muddy the waters. JMO
Or used to "answer questions" that I believe the Sheriff used to quell the uproar of the investigation. (Sounds like another Sheriff in another investigation).

IMO the Sheriff was reaching and wanted or needed an end to all the speculation about what happened to MC. Unfortunately, it was an "explanation" that created more questions and uncertainty.

COLD CASE: A deeper look at the disappearance of Michael Chambers four years later
2 months ago Berkley Smith
He is the seventh missing person in Hunt County recently.
“Four years have passed since Michael Chambers, a retired Dallas firefighter, went missing in Quinlan, Texas. He lived on the 700 block of FM 2101 and was last seen on March 10, 2017.

[SBM]

Klein and investigator MJ Holmes interviewed her alleged lover, and after presenting him with his cell-phone pings, he confirmed that he had been having an affair with Becca Chambers, which he also admitted that he had told the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office. He also claimed that Michael and Becca’s relationship is what Klein describes as a ‘bad situation.’

Michael Chambers’ body has not been recovered, and investigators are still looking for any leads in this case. On the eve of the four-year anniversary of his disappearance, the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office released the following statement from the new Sheriff, Terry Jones:

“The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office continues to follow up on every lead into his disappearance. The 70-year-old disappeared on March 10, 2017, from his home in the 7000 block of FM 2101. Chambers was seen on surveillance entering, making a purchase, and then leaving the Walmart located at 8801 State Highway 34, in Quinlan. Chambers has not been seen or heard from since.

Chambers’ wife reported him missing after returning home from work that evening to an empty house, Mrs. Chambers said she had spoken to her husband around 8 a.m. the day he went missing. Chambers was last seen wearing black pants, a blue T-shirt, and a blue baseball cap. Chambers is 6 foot 3 inches tall and weighs 225 pounds. He has blue eyes and balding, gray hair.

If you have information regarding Chambers’ whereabouts, Sheriff Jones encourages citizens to call the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office at 903-453-6838 or they can text or submit online, their anonymous tip to Hunt County Crime Stoppers in any of the following ways: CALL: Hunt County Crime Stoppers 903-457-2929 or LOG: onto ‘http://www.huntcountycrimestoppers.comwww.huntcountycrimestoppers.com and click “submit a tip.”’

Klein Investigations and Consulting has set up a tip-line at 409-729-8798 Ext. 8, or the email admin@kleininvestigations.com.”
Maybe someone finally responded??
COLD CASE: A deeper look at the disappearance of Michael Chambers four years later

Posted 1 hr ago:

“Public Statement :

We are receiving media calls regarding a search that is ongoing in Hunt County Texas. This search is being conducted by the Hunt County sheriffs department and affiliated law enforcement agencies. We can confirm that the search is associated with the missing person case of Michael Chambers.

We defer all other comments to the fine men and women of the Hunt County Sheriffs Department.

Staff” (BBM)

Yes!!

Shared on the Bring PaPaw Home Public group Facbook page by Suzy 38 minutes ago with the following caption:
“I am so grateful for good-hearted, unselfish, caring people who so generously gave their time and talent to search for my amazing father today. Thank you to all who helped. Please know how much your efforts mean to me.”
“Today over seventy-eight members from EastTex Regional CERT, Allen CERT, Rowlett CERT joined Mark9 K9, CART, officers from Hunt County Sheriffs Office, Hunt County Sheriffs Posse and Rockwall Sheriffs Posse to conduct an evidence search of a very large wooded area with thick vegetation, wildlife and divided by a deep creek leading to lake. Many of the CERT team members were on their very first woodland search.”
Bring PaPaw Home : I am so grateful for good-hearted, unselfish, caring people who so generously gave their time and talent to search for my amazing father today

It’s wonderful to see that the search for PaPaw has not ended (and I don’t believe it ever will end). It’s called the long reach of law enforcement for a reason. Will not quit praying for justice for PaPaw and those who love him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back