Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Betty P.. I have no problem whatsoever with JBC being discussed as a poi, after all LE has clearly stated that they are looking into him. And I agree LE discovered he had done horrific things to that 9 year old girl. I too am glad that he is locked up where he can't hurt anyone else. Of course he will be found guilty for what he has done to that girl, that isn't even in question. What I agree to disagree with you and others about is that his taking that young girl to his house isn't the same kind of scenario that happened with Abby and Libby. JBC.. as dastardly as he indeed is.. in my opinion, is not the same monster that the girls encountered on the bridge that day. OF COURSE I could be wrong.. I hope that I am and we FINALLY have the bridge monster. Hopefully LE will let us know soon. JMO
Just a correction...He didn't take the 9 year old girl to his home. He was already at his home and an opportunity presented itself that was too hard to resist for a child predator. Other times when he is not at his home, he has spent a lot of time in the woods, by himself, camping, staying under bridges (according to his posts on FB) If an opportunity presented itself in the woods that was too hard for a brazen, brutal child predator (which he has proven to be) to resist, no doubt he would act on his impulses there as well.

Have you looked at the 4+ years of his posts & photos on his FB? Matched dates, locations, looked at clothing, changes in appearances, disturbing comments, etc.? Keep sleuthing and you may change your mind. Maybe not.

Last edited:
It could mean not involved in the act of murder itself but indirectly such as someone close to the perpetrator having knowledge or going along with a false alibi? Imo

Ps this case is so frustrating but I truly believe what little snippets LE are giving the public are genuine and not intended to have coded meaning it's just different people's interpretations.

Yes I recall LE promising protection to a tipster if that was what is holding them back. On the other hand LE do not usually name a tipster to a POI as that’s sure to create a undesirable situation between the two people involved if the suspicions are totally wrong.

I agree, that LE have been dropping clues or coded statements as if to suggest they knew all along JC was guilty of the Delphi murders is preposterous especially in light of the only reason his name initially become known to us - the media reports about the vicious attack on the 9-year old victim.

JMO

@ Maradentro.. Here is what YOU said.. "Just a correction...He didn't take the 9 year old girl to his home. He was already at his home and an opportunity presented itself that was too hard to resist for a child predator."

Could you please provide a link stating that? I have looked and looked and am unable to find out exactly how the 9 year old ended up at his house. I thought that he took her there. Thank you.

Yes, I have read A LOT about this JBC.. read his posts, seen his photos, etc; I have just come to a different conclusion is all. JMO

Could you please provide a link stating that? I have looked and looked and am unable to find out exactly how the 9 year old ended up at his house. I thought that he took her there. Thank you.
I will have to go back and get the links, but several articles I read made it clear that:
  1. The child was a neighbor.
  2. She came up to him outside to see and pet his dog
  3. In an impromptu moment, he lured her inside with an offer to see other dogs.
  4. Once inside, he attacked her and dragged her to the basement.
He did not go out seeking her, or kidnap her and drive her to his home. It was a spur-of-the-moment crime of sudden opportunity. The child had only been missing for 30 minutes when police were notified and began scouring the neighborhood.

Last edited:
The only thing I might add is he is known to live outdoors. If by chance and I think it is a very good chance he was living outdoors near Delphi it is almost like that could of been his house at the time. I would like to know if anyone knows when his stepfather evicted him in Peru. IMHO

I’ve seen this as his father had him evicted, not his stepfather, in 2020. Also that it was a forcible eviction .... that was when I realized that this guy is not the outdoorsman camper he likes to pretend on FB .... more likely borderline homeless at best MOO which is why he fits the local-bum profile that LE always looks at near the start jmo

https://heavy.com/news/james-brian-chadwell/

@ Betty P.. I have no problem whatsoever with JBC being discussed as a poi, after all LE has clearly stated that they are looking into him. And I agree LE discovered he had done horrific things to that 9 year old girl. I too am glad that he is locked up where he can't hurt anyone else. Of course he will be found guilty for what he has done to that girl, that isn't even in question. What I agree to disagree with you and others about is that his taking that young girl to his house isn't the same kind of scenario that happened with Abby and Libby. JBC.. as dastardly as he indeed is.. in my opinion, is not the same monster that the girls encountered on the bridge that day. OF COURSE I could be wrong.. I hope that I am and we FINALLY have the bridge monster. Hopefully LE will let us know soon. JMO

Thanks for your explanation and sorry if there's been a misunderstanding. I don't think I nor other posters thought the 2 scenarios are the same.

One involved 1 victim, the other involved 2. One outdoors, one indoors. One in a risky situation when LE had just spoken to the perp about the missing girl, the other on a walking trail with no LE in the vicinity and no active reports of missing girls.

From what I've read on the subject, pedophiles are often impulsive and strike when they see an opportunity. The scenarios and MO's aren't always going to be the same. JMO

I'm also reserving judgment until hearing something from LE. Follow enough cases and you learn not to get your hopes up too quickly.

I’ve seen this as his father had him evicted, not his stepfather, in 2020. Also that it was a forcible eviction .... that was when I realized that this guy is not the outdoorsman camper he likes to pretend on FB .... more likely borderline homeless at best MOO which is why he fits the local-bum profile that LE always looks at near the start jmo
https://heavy.com/news/james-brian-chadwell/
James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
He was raised by his stepfather though, even has his name. Haven't seen anything about the biological father.

I think someone else was there. Maybe didn’t participate, maybe just gave him a ride, something. MOO.

This is what I think could be true. That there may have been someone who was "accidentally" implicated in this stuff by helping or associating with JBC on the day. This person might be a partner or another ex-felon who is shady. Snitches get stitches or they could be breaking parole in dealing with JBC as a ex con and could be afraid to come forward because they don't want to end up in jail. MOO.

I have been thinking about the witnesses that saw BG the day of the Delphi murders, and there was nothing in the drawings to depict big holes in his ears like BC. I think that if BC was seen by people that they would notice his ears, they hang down pretty low. Just a thought, maybe they didn’t see his ears. I’m back and forth on BC. Sometimes I think it’s him and sometimes I don’t.
The investigators released a new sketch in 2019 and said they were going in a new direction. Did they announce that they had changed their investigation direction again? Can you post the press conference link for the new direction please?

I can't believe it's been 4 years this year! Those poor families! I remember hearing the recording of the killer's voice on recording, but do not recall where - maybe on John Kelly's youtube page?

I have been thinking about the witnesses that saw BG the day of the Delphi murders, and there was nothing in the drawings to depict big holes in his ears like BC. I think that if BC was seen by people that they would notice his ears, they hang down pretty low. Just a thought, maybe they didn’t see his ears. I’m back and forth on BC. Sometimes I think it’s him and sometimes I don’t.

There are several pics on Chadwell's FB, post 2017, where the ear holes aren't even noticeable.

I won't post the links here as we are trying to keep his social media confined to the Lafayette case thread.

Out of curiosity with regards to previous suspect DN how long from when it was first raised he should be looked into/ was being looked into until Carter publicly stated he is no longer a major concern? Are we talking weeks, months or years?

Trying to work out if JBC is or isn't a suspect how long until the public would know more.

I'm fairly new to this case but it is on my mind a lot. The thought of it never being sold when the killer is on camera (just like Missy Bevers case) is awful.

I think he may have had a hat on with flaps that covered his ears, jmo.

Additionally, he could’ve pulled the hood up on his hoodie, etc. Also, if he didn’t have his gauges in, and was seen from a distance, the holes may not have stuck out.

Out of curiosity with regards to previous suspect DN how long from when it was first raised he should be looked into/ was being looked into until Carter publicly stated he is no longer a major concern? Are we talking weeks, months or years?

Trying to work out if JBC is or isn't a suspect how long until the public would know more.

I'm fairly new to this case but it is on my mind a lot. The thought of it never being sold when the killer is on camera (just like Missy Bevers case) is awful.

Sept 28th 2017 he was declared a person of interest and February 14th 2018 LE said he was no longer of interest.

Re DN et al .... MOO it sure seems like LE thinks they got their man this time. Something about their reaction here projects calm & even satisfaction instead of the normal desperation of this horrible case. Since BJC was nabbed (4/19 I think?) has there any public communication from Delphi LE looking for more tips / info / help?

BTW wouldn’t have to mean BJC is THE perp .... maybe EG (100% made-up speculation as example) BG’s role was actually limited to inviting A&L ‘down the hill’ to see his puppy, but when they got there BG’s buddy surprised everyone by attacking the girls .... if that totally invented scenario were true , then at this point IMO at min BG/BJC has turned in his buddy & LE has him under surveillance....

JMO & sorry to go off on a made-up tangent!! Just trying to say - there seems to be an air of completion around this matter IMO, but even that doesn’t allow outsiders to reach reliable conclusions ..... until LE finally fills us in ..... soon please!

A few people here have pointed out that LE needs to wait to be careful not to taint the jury pool & hurt the chance of conviction in the attack on the 9-yo neighbor. But I’ll add to that IMO gotta think BJC stands virtually no chance of beating that charge at trial so it’s hard to imagine his atty not seeking a plea in that matter..... jmo

I listened to the video and his voice doesn't seem to match IMO. He is a creep and sex offender, and glad he got caught! I guess they will have to see if what DNA they have can rule him in or not, and does he have an alibi for that day. IDK, I hope they have their guy, but not sure.

A few people here have pointed out that LE needs to wait to be careful not to taint the jury pool & hurt the chance of conviction in the attack on the 9-yo neighbor. But I’ll add to that IMO gotta think BJC stands virtually no chance of beating that charge at trial so it’s hard to imagine his atty not seeking a plea in that matter..... jmo
I feel the same. I can’t imagine this going to trial when he was caught in the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend