Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is crazy but what if there was a place that did alkaline hydrolysis nearby and SM was placed inside another animal. Would anyone check or know? Is that a type of thing you can do on your own? What if someone had access to a business that did that? Just thinking.....

You mean like an elk? I have never been able to let BM picking up roadkill escape my curious mind. Where did the body of the elk go?

I know this is crazy but what if there was a place that did alkaline hydrolysis nearby and SM was placed inside another animal. Would anyone check or know? Is that a type of thing you can do on your own? What if someone had access to a business that did that? Just thinking.....
Nothing is crazy. "Limetown" podcast. I wonder if he had the right type of lime through routine cement materials purchases.

I was reading that Drano is about the same process. And I'm not so sure about how much heat would have been needed with lime and water in May. Not much is left, and if he knew of a convenient mine that didn't leak too much, all he'd have to do is go back and fill it in with the trusty Bobcat. Or a shovel. Really, there would not be much left to cover up, and maybe no dog-attracting smell at all with such a caustic process. (?)

Last edited:
You mean like an elk? I have never been able to let BM picking up roadkill escape my curious mind. Where did the body of the elk go?

We don't know where the body of the elk went. But I and plenty of others said, "if you find that elk burial place, make sure to look UNDER the elk and IN the elk."

Barry listened to true crime podcast and he had access to media coverage just like everyone else did and you can bet he was following every new detail where all the searches were going on where, when and what they found etc. I seriously doubt he has kept Suzanne in one place. What a great idea to put her in a spot they already searched or dug up with no evidence found chances are they wouldn’t dig in the same place or where a dog didn’t get a hit. He thinks he is so smart and would never be caught but being a small town everyone knows everything. I wonder if he heard from local gossip so and so had recently been interviewed by LE so he got nervous was quickly getting everything in tow ready to move to Arizona and strangely he moved the bobcat to Indiana this all according to CM.

Lots of interesting ideas. It will be interesting to read the documents. At this point in a case I like to think like a defense attorney vs prosecutor. The prosecutor will need to use only what cannot be easily explained away. That “stuff” will probably go unused in the actual trial should it go to a trial. So the documents are the most interesting for me because they will contain situations that will never be part of the actual trial but perhaps things that were speculated.

The rocks look like th
What strikes me as bizarre....if someone planted those, why plant 3 (?) trees, different varieties, in the same spot? A landscaper would surely never do that? A beginning gardener wouldn't do that, either. They're practically in the same hole. None would have room to thrive.
In other words, those trees were not a landscaping decision. Something else is going on there.
Speculating here.... maybe more than one tree/variety had to be planted because a) the hole was too big; b) just in case one failed; c) BM bought them and was too lazy to dig more than one hole; d) BM got anxious and over-thinky and decided "more is more", so "more trees = more effective for my purposes"; e) .....
Who builds a tumulus (burial rock or earth pile) these days anyway? This is not the stone, bronze, or iron age. It's the age of bobcats, no tumulus necessary.

Hmm, is it a fact that the trees were planted?
Trees can sprout and grow very close together nature.
It looks like the pile of rocks may have been deposited there.

I think it may be worth a shot! I really, really want Suzanne found like all of you.
It wouldn’t take long to find out if the tree planting is the place. The trees don’t look like they’re doing so great anyway!
MOO
I recall seeing other family members obituaries on both of the M&Ms family sides, some actually asked for donations to plant trees as a memorial. moo

I've searched for studies about whether or not bleach covers the smell of decomp for cadaver dogs but can't find any. I've only found studies to find out whether or not dogs can still smell blood or decomp on material from clothing after it's been washed 1-5 times.

Basically they found cadaver dogs have a high accuracy rate after the piece of clothing was washed once, but it goes down after several washes. (They used common household detergent.)

I don't know about a hard surface compared to other material, but I would think the bleach smell would dissipate faster than the smell of decomposition.

BM may have used bleach in the house to clean up blood or cover up the smell of a dead body, but I doubt it would have destroyed all the evidence. I think LE can usually tell if a crime scene has been wiped down.

I guess it's also possible he might have used chlorine or muriatic acid to pour over the body, (if he buried it) thinking it would break down tissue or destroy DNA evidence, or cover up the smell. Imo

I have searched all highly corrosive substances, too. My Google searches look strange.

It seems that the acids that can dissolve the body are so damaging that he would not use them. As to the one that could smell of chlorine, HCL, it would not dissolve the bones, and take a lot of time to work. DNA evidence it would destroy. But the dude left so many traces…

I would think he used an auger attachment for the “bob cat”. He could never dig a hole large enough in that rocky soil to plant those trees. Pic for info. Rock garden is similar to the rocks laid out by the statue BM and the girls placed where the bike was found!
An auger attachment could be considered a mechanical thing one would do with a bobcat?
I mean what else can you do with a bobcat that is not mechanical??
They had him there, I betcha!

I can’t wait to finally be able to read it. Although, I expect the defense team to try to keep it sealed as long as possible. In that case we will see if the Judge will grant that request.
The fact that the judge gave defense a week to read & digest it all, tells me it's pretty dang long, with loads of fine, minute, specific details. I expect to be even more impressed with the hard work from all LE agencies involved from the beginning.

jmo

You post little, but always have such original, new ideas, @PaulaDC . Big respect.

I believe it is in the entrance to their neighborhood, a common area. I believe it was part of the HOA. Heard in Profiling Evil show.

Former neighborhood.
Barry made sure to disconnect himself and the girls from the house/neighborhood, but oddly chose to leave the statue Suzanne inherited from her late mother, behind.

Discarded, just like he did with Suzanne.

Dog talk.

Meet K9 Timoshenko.

Super handler, dog & training. A true partnership. A proven and reliable dog. This dog will be backed by a SME in court, a DA will will take this dogs work as evidence in court. IMO

When you see it done right, it’s easy to get crabby about those who have no business contacting victim families and inserting themselves into investigations. IMO

K-9 Timoshenko is top dog in Cadaver Trials in the U.S.

I have searched all highly corrosive substances, too. My Google searches look strange.

It seems that the acids that can dissolve the body are so damaging that he would not use them. As to the one that could smell of chlorine, HCL, it would not dissolve the bones, and take a lot of time to work. DNA evidence it would destroy. But the dude left so many traces…
What about acids that are very strong smelling that chlorine could mask. Sorry, tired and having difficulty formatting sentences..
A recognisable smell, might not be acid, might be charring.. strong, but would be overpowered by the smell of chlorine is where I was trying to go with that one.
Chlorine used as disguise for another substance?
What acids would he have had access to if he was using a metal barrel, sealed so no danger to his bride, the bobcat?
Anything?
A metal barrel.
I want to see his internet purchases..
And his computers.. and LE have it all now after the latest warrant..

Scott Peterson, Post-Conviction.
Sorry - OT - but have to correct this statement! :)
Ah - but from the San Mateo Court - from my notes:
4/27/21 Update: Stanislaus County:.... The ruling upheld the conviction but struck the death penalty case, prompting a retrial of the penalty phase....
San Mateo County: Peterson’s defense ... investigate a juror who is accused of going rogue & committing juror misconduct... Peterson will have two new hearings in June ... The judge said she wants an evidentiary hearing — which would include new witnesses — to happen before the end of this year. He is guaranteed a new trial for the penalty phase because his death penalty was thrown out by the California Supreme Court. But what he really wants is a new trial for the criminal phase, which if found not guilty, would mean he could one day walk free out of prison.... June 28 for a further status report & also calendared that date for a hearing on expected discovery issues....
He has 2 cases going on at the same time....
@Niner sbm Thank you very much for your response. From what I read, only his penalty was to be considered, not the conviction. I appreciate your post.
And thank you for your gazillion updates on other cases as well.:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer