Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will object. BM doesn't want anyone to see the details of that AA. He'd rather keep alive his story about "incompetent LE"....

If I were defense counsel to Barry, I would argue that Suzanne crashed her bike and suffered a bad head injury which left her so disoriented that she concealed herself very well so that no amount of searching would ever find her - and then died.

This theory might just resonate with a jury. Indeed, this theory is all they talk about on the Jason Landry thread.

“this is no Tetris!” That was a hilarious comment. On the other side, if BM was so obsessed with the antlers, maybe whatever chemical he used to clean them off tissue should be looked into? (Sorry, I hope I make myself clear as I am not a hunter. I assume when deers shed the antlers, there is some tissue from their heads attached to them, and before the antlers are sold, they have to be cleansed off it? I am interested in what is used in the process as BM apparently was into the business).

Sheds are pretty clean. If you need to clean dirt and grime off, most just use soap and water and maybe a scrubby. You don’t really want to whiten the antlers if you’re planning on selling them.

Sheds are pretty clean. If you need to clean dirt and grime off, most just use soap and water and maybe a scrubby. You don’t really want to whiten the antlers if you’re planning on selling them.
What about hunting and eviscerating the animal.. where would that be done in a hunter's home? Would there be a special area for it? Do you know anything about the process or processes?

"Despite what you've been told"

Very telling and heartbreaking. :(

My heart goes out to the family on this tragic anniversary.
That statement brought tears to my eyes. How very sad for such a nice family.

Barry says that Suzanne's family didn't want to contact her or be around her. It wasn't her. It was him. How do I know? Because we had a narcissist SIL.

It's hard to be around the ones that you love when you have a controlling narcissist running the show.

Thankfully, our daughter finally divorced her narcissist. We love her new husband. Things are so much better for all of us except for the ex-husband. He is still a narcissist and still doing whatever he can to make her life miserable. The kids are in counseling to deal with his constant manipulation.

I hope that Barry's kids get into counseling and see that they have been used and manipulated by their father. I hope that they give Suzanne's family a chance. They seem like really good people.

JMO.

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't anything, but watch BM's mom in the pickup in the latter part of that video, after she moves the truck because another vehicle came up behind it at the one-vehicle wide bridge. She gets out and climbs back into the passenger seat and BM and TD come down the hill and start talking two or three yards away. Then, she puts her hand on the door just outside the open window and after watching BM and TD closely for a bit, at about 7:20 mark or so, she starts doing something that looks like she is trying to subtly signal BM. Could be that her hand is just a little twitchy, but it sort of looks like extending her index finger and then dragging it back up like a subtle signal to BM to "notice me and come here, I see something."

I wonder if she noticed TD was recording.

P.S. Don't mean to implicate her in anything other than trying to protect BM as a result of possible suspicion about people who show up that might actually be press. But, I find it interesting.

Edited to be more precise about timing in video.
I always felt BM purposely sought out TD after watching him. I'm sure he wanted to get his agenda shared with someone and thought this was a sneeky way to do it and make it look accidental. Whether his Mom knew about his agenda is another story.....moo

On the "It's a Crime" Y/T segment the other night, CM mentions that the trailer looked like Jed Clampett's trailer when he moved to Beverly Hills. He wasn't kidding! He also mentioned how embarrassed Suzanne was. You mean to tell me that they couldn't hire a moving company or at least rent a truck and pack it themselves to move across the country??

I see his truck and the horrid mess on the flatbed trailer loaded with only Barry's stuff. The passenger seat had antlers in it.

I'm assuming a typical covered moving truck carried their furniture, boxes of dishes and linens and Suzanne's keepsakes. Then, she followed the mess of Barry's stuff in her own vehicle.

Was the Puma Path home their first residence in CO?

I wonder why Purdue U did not become a family tradition.

On the "It's a Crime" Y/T segment the other night, CM mentions that the trailer looked like Jed Clampett's trailer when he moved to Beverly Hills. He wasn't kidding! He also mentioned how embarrassed Suzanne was. You mean to tell me that they couldn't hire a moving company or at least rent a truck and pack it themselves to move across the country??
That looks like stuff out of a barn or work related items he packed around the bobcat. Probably too big or dirty to put in the moving truck they hired for the household items.

If I were defense counsel to Barry, I would argue that Suzanne crashed her bike and suffered a bad head injury which left her so disoriented that she concealed herself very well so that no amount of searching would ever find her - and then died.

This theory might just resonate with a jury. Indeed, this theory is all they talk about on the Jason Landry thread.
I actually think the bike ride is going to be BMs undoing. Because you're right, he almost has to go with your theory (or one of her being kidnapped while on the bike ride) - because if LE can prove the bike ride was staged, there are really only two options. Either BM did it - or someone else staged it, but in an attempt to frame BM (which really makes no sense at all).

LE was skeptical of the bike ride almost immediately - there has to be a reason for that - a reason we'll learn soon. I think BM made a big mistake in the staging of the bike and it's going to be a big factor in the case.

They filed premeditated murder on BM - which means they must have evidence of activity prior to SM going missing that points to planning (disabling security cameras, making odd purchases, disabling GPS, possible witnesses to threats/violence, etc.) BM would have to somehow explain all of those away as just unlucky coincidences.

I'm going to assume that there will be cell phone data that will be difficult for BM to explain (his turned off at strange times, hers not matching his stated timeline, and her phone's last ping almost certainly being in the same location as BMs phone).

We have no idea what physical evidence (if any) was recovered from the house or construction site. We don't know what witnesses may testify to. Not to mention, Barry's "alibi" on Sunday is gawd-awful. Pulled together at the last minute, strange behavior on his part - none of it makes any sense.

I'm of the mindset that there will be a mountain of evidence against BM and it's not going to be difficult for a jury to find him guilty. MOO, JMO.

Just jumping off your post -
Ever since we heard about tools and smell of chlorine in hotel room, I have feared the worst which is he (BM) dismembered her (SM's) body. I pray I am wrong, but that's been my gut feeling.
Even that stupid wood chipper that I was so tired of hearing about isn’t off the table.

Duplicate Post-

Last edited:
I actually think the bike ride is going to be BMs undoing. Because you're right, he almost has to go with your theory (or one of her being kidnapped while on the bike ride) - because if LE can prove the bike ride was staged, there are really only two options. Either BM did it - or someone else staged it, but in an attempt to frame BM (which really makes no sense at all).

LE was skeptical of the bike ride almost immediately - there has to be a reason for that - a reason we'll learn soon. I think BM made a big mistake in the staging of the bike and it's going to be a big factor in the case.

They filed premeditated murder on BM - which means they must have evidence of activity prior to SM going missing that points to planning (disabling security cameras, making odd purchases, disabling GPS, possible witnesses to threats/violence, etc.) BM would have to somehow explain all of those away as just unlucky coincidences.

I'm going to assume that there will be cell phone data that will be difficult for BM to explain (his turned off at strange times, hers not matching his stated timeline, and her phone's last ping almost certainly being in the same location as BMs phone).

We have no idea what physical evidence (if any) was recovered from the house or construction site. We don't know what witnesses may testify to. Not to mention, Barry's "alibi" on Sunday is gawd-awful. Pulled together at the last minute, strange behavior on his part - none of it makes any sense.

I'm of the mindset that there will be a mountain of evidence against BM and it's not going to be difficult for a jury to find him guilty. MOO, JMO.
Excellent post @Hoosierfan72. I 1000% agree. I’ve felt for a long time that there was no evidence found indicating SM had an accident/crashed her bike, that there was something about the bike itself that provided a huge clue to LE. I believe they knew from virtually the jump that the bike/bike scene was staged, and found out that the bike found was either not Suzanne’s expensive bike that she regularly rode and/or there was something about the bike found that rendered it inoperable, i.e., not in working order/suitable for riding.
LE never handled SM “missing” as a kidnapping/abduction, nor gave any indication that they were looking at alternate suspects.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I'm just wondering how Barry continued to get work.

His trailer looks much like his Broomfield retaining wall, a mess.

Did he continuously cut corners and try to get jobs/things in general done in a hurry/for cheap?

Looks like the only thing he cared about on that trailer was his Bobcat. Sure sad he won't be allowed jailhouse visits with it.
Well, poor Barry. At least there are pictures -- he likely has a couple dozen or so...:mad:

Same. Was there ever FF training that he was scheduled to go to? Cancelled due to Covid? Did Barry try to buy off someone to say he was at training as an alibi?
Why would he, when he was known to be in Broomfield, and that was known to at least 4+ other people?

I don't think the FF ever came from BM. I think it was a misunderstanding and came from a family member that wasn't sure where, or why, BM was out of town.

Last edited:

Yeah -- She somehow dug a deep hole and put herself in it, so as not to distress anyone. That's almost what Barry might just wanna say.

What about hunting and eviscerating the animal.. where would that be done in a hunter's home? Would there be a special area for it? Do you know anything about the process or processes?

WARNING: MAY BE GRAPHIC

A hunter will field dress the animal where it falls. Field dressing is to open the animal and remove the entrails. It keeps the meat cleaner, makes it easier to move and the entrails feed the other wildlife. Most hunters like to hang deer to age it a bit, similar to aging beef. When we lived in Ohio, Daddy would hang it in a barn, temperatures permitting. Some hunters may have a walk in cooler (can be made using a well sealed room and air conditioner). In the South, some hunters take their deer to a processor who can age it, skin it and process it however you want.

I’d think it would be cool enough in Colorado that they could just hang it in a shed or even a garage. They could skin it and quarter it out where it hangs. The quarters would be taken to a table and processed similar to how a butcher would process beef or pork, minus the fancy saws. Usually just a sharp knife and hack saw is all that is used.

Hope this helps.

Other people have their own ways of doing things, but this is what I’ve seen.

Why would he, when he was known to be in Broomfield, and that was known to at least 4+ other people?

I don't think the FF ever came from BM. I think it was a misunderstanding and came from a family member that wasn't sure where, or why, BM was out of town.

Funny...I think it did come directly from Barry to a family member. Trevor or his mom. I don't see someone pulling that from thin air, just assuming he was on a FF training, especially during COVID... we all had or knew most events were cancelled, even the churches were closed. If your going to guess it makes sense to me that he would have been more likely to be out of town on a hunting trip, or out of town on business, but then again I don't see someone just guessing. Frankly I don't know why you wouldn't say you're not sure where the husband is. Hard for me to buy someone just came up with FF training out of the blue...but anything is possible of course

Possible there was an explanation in the email sent the next morning to her former church friends, mentioning where Barry was....and the girls, that day. We know they were sent a lie as to what happened to dear Suzanne. This AA should be very interesting.

Last edited:
WARNING: MAY BE GRAPHIC

A hunter will field dress the animal where it falls. Field dressing is to open the animal and remove the entrails. It keeps the meat cleaner, makes it easier to move and the entrails feed the other wildlife. Most hunters like to hang deer to age it a bit, similar to aging beef. When we lived in Ohio, Daddy would hang it in a barn, temperatures permitting. Some hunters may have a walk in cooler (can be made using a well sealed room and air conditioner). In the South, some hunters take their deer to a processor who can age it, skin it and process it however you want.

I’d think it would be cool enough in Colorado that they could just hang it in a shed or even a garage. They could skin it and quarter it out where it hangs. The quarters would be taken to a table and processed similar to how a butcher would process beef or pork, minus the fancy saws. Usually just a sharp knife and hack saw is all that is used.

Hope this helps.

Other people have their own ways of doing things, but this is what I’ve seen.
Thanks NC.
Thanks a lot.
So, the hunter would travel with his knives to his hunting site, kill his animal, disembowel the animal on site...
return home with what remained.. for the larder.
Would most hunters be fast and proficient at this job?
Okay.. I have a picture now, in my head.
Thanks so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member