Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is an offender still labeled a pedophile if he is a child himself at the time of abuse?

I don't know, but I would like to know. As well as the statute of limitations for pressing charges against someone who was a juvenile at the time. In my book, that 9 year age gap, and the extreme youth of the victim, make it a "yes" for me.

Is an offender still labeled a pedophile if he is a child himself at the time of abuse?

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[4] A person must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.[4][5]

They are until they turn 18. Then no one knows what that person has done and even been convicted of in a court. Then they are free to go start a new life with none of their juvenile criminal acts being known to the public. It's so wrong and scary honestly. Personal experience in Colorado...

Not that it changes how evil it is…

but is it possible because Josh molested his younger sisters, perhaps because they were all that was available to him, that once he was older and married Anna, he wasn’t attracted to her developed body because what had turned him on in the past was children’s bodies?

I’ve also wondered about the abuse, enjoying watching others be hurt, is not an extension of the over spanking in their home. I know many families who allow older children to spank younger kids. Obviously he wasn’t a normal minded child to begin with to get to some extremes, my thinking is just if he found pleasure in watching younger kids get spanned or spanking them himself, it’s evolved over the years.

MOO. Not justifying any of his behavior in any way.

but is it possible because Josh molested his younger sisters, perhaps because they were all that was available to him, that once he was older and married Anna, he wasn’t attracted to her developed body because what had turned him on in the past was children’s bodies?

I’ve also wondered about the abuse, enjoying watching others be hurt, is not an extension of the over spanking in their home. I know many families who allow older children to spank younger kids. Obviously he wasn’t a normal minded child to begin with to get to some extremes, my thinking is just if he found pleasure in watching younger kids get spanned or spanking them himself, it’s evolved over the years.

I don't think we have reason to believe Josh didn't feel attracted to his wife or adults. He seeked adult sex workers, didn't he? And I don't think he was expecting to find anyone underage on that Ashley Madison website/app. Besides the fact that he is obviously a pedophile, I suspect he also enjoys rough sex and has never been told "no" his whole life. So, he's going to get what he wants, sexually speaking.

I highly doubt he hasn't victimized his own wife too. Multiple times.

I think he is a pedophile. I think subjugation and resistance are part of his requirements. An adult sex worker could be viewed by him as an object, and could be paid to play all kinds of roles, or pretend to resist.
The kind of crap he enjoyed looking at tells me that the idea of abusing someone is very much part of his deal. He would only get "joyful" acquiescence from his wife, so imo he has escalated his needs for violence and abuse. Does make me wonder if he was abused too, or if he witnessed a lot of violence against women and children.

Pedophilia doesn't preclude adult sexual attraction. Often, pedophiles are married, even considered to be in "successful marriages". Think: Sandusky.

Clarity and examples: Do Pedophiles' Wives Know the Truth About Their Husbands?

I hope TLC does not air any more seasons of Counting On. The whole situation is so distasteful. Viewers don’t need to be reminded of the coverup, minimization of Josh’s actions, and the fake persona presented by other family members. JMO

Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[4] A person must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.[4][5]

Considering my question, "Is someone considered a pedophile if they are child at the time of the offense?," that's a no from a psychiatric standpoint, as he was 14. Does the law/registry recognize the DSM's definition? TIA

Considering my question, "Is someone considered a pedophile if they are child at the time of the offense?," that's a no from a psychiatric standpoint, as he was 14. Does the law/registry recognize the DSM's definition? TIA
This is what I found, not sure if it a fact
Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13. A person must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.

I have read extensively here and at other sites about the Duggar’s and josh in particular. It’s MOO that we only have documentation of a child as young as 5 which was one of his sisters. People have speculated about younger children, but I have not seen a link on that for proof.

Right. And there is no evidence of this.

We also need to be mindful that Josh Duggar is currently "accused". He has not been convicted yet.

But so far, there seems to be a preponderance of evidence.

However, I thought that about Casey Anthony. What do I know?

Since Josh is now an adult who’s been arrested for downloading Child Sexual Assault Material I’m confident in calling him a pedophile.

Until his recent arrest I was unsure if he was an opportunistic predator or an actual pedophile. His activities at the car dealership pretty much sealed it for me. Pedophile. MOO.

I don't think that the truth ever came out about the extent of his activities, who he perpetrated on, his age, and what he did.

The reason I say this, is because I watched the TV special on this with Megyn Kelly and the Duggars. Megyn Kelly allowed the Duggars to "tell their story", and the minimizing, victim blaming, and justifications were epic.

The "story" was that Josh, as a 14 year old, was "curious", and touched his younger sisters while they were sleeping, on top of their blankets. After the girls told their parents this, Josh was sent away to do labor/construction work. He also had to confess his actions to a church member sheriff.

Afterwards, the girls were reminded to be more modest, and "Josh did not have to change any more diapers, because that is not for boys to do...".

That statement, in and of itself, told me, that a whole lot more went on in the house then the parents would admit. And, we can see based on Josh's particular interests, that much more probably occurred.
I agree, that would be like believing someone with 5 DUI’s only drove drunk 5 times in their life.

They are until they turn 18. Then no one knows what that person has done and even been convicted of in a court. Then they are free to go start a new life with none of their juvenile criminal acts being known to the public. It's so wrong and scary honestly. Personal experience in Colorado...

According to the definition up thread, they must be at least 16 years of age. Since he was 14, I don't think in his case the term applied when he molested his sisters and the babysitter. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member