CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what made me sit up and go “wait a minute”. He bought more guns after his guns were taken away.

Why would he do that? Not one gun, but two?

What am I missing?
His guns were not taken away from him. The guns were seized pursuant to the SW in the matter of his missing wife. The guns of the January SW would allegedly have been on the premises of the home when his wife went missing.

There really was nothing legally prohibiting LM from purchasing more guns - now there is with the GVRO. Is it correct that since January, LE never charged LM with any crimes related to missing, improper transfer, unregistered and illegal in CA types, for these guns? It could be a very long list of charges just on the guns, item by item and each point a charge. Maybe there is a plan. JMO

So many guns and a definite defiance coming from LM. My anxiety level is way up there and I know everyone on this thread is worried sick for those children. I'm even worried for the neighbors now. What the heck is LE waiting for to arrest? I'm reminding myself and all of us that there are several LE agencies working together on this case. They must know what they're doing???????? :confused: But do they???

If they wanted to arrest him for the gun problems, I think they'd probably have to be able to locate the guns and establish that the person(s) who have them didn't obtain them legally. Right now all they have is his word for it and he can turn around and say he was just joking, or something. And even if they did arrest him, he'd probably make bail and be out by sunset.

Arresting him for the disappearance/murder is even trickier. They have to bring him to trial within a certain time after the arrest, and if they don't have enough evidence to go to trial, they risk having him acquitted and never able to be charged again.

It wouldn't surprise me if what they're waiting on is lab results from last Friday's search. Hopefully that will give them the evidence they need.

If they wanted to arrest him for the gun problems, I think they'd probably have to be able to locate the guns and establish that the person(s) who have them didn't obtain them legally. Right now all they have is his word for it and he can turn around and say he was just joking, or something. And even if they did arrest him, he'd probably make bail and be out by sunset.

Arresting him for the disappearance/murder is even trickier. They have to bring him to trial within a certain time after the arrest, and if they don't have enough evidence to go to trial, they risk having him acquitted and never able to be charged again.

It wouldn't surprise me if what they're waiting on is lab results from last Friday's search. Hopefully that will give them the evidence they need.
I agree. Despite the "spring cleaning" efforts, *if* there were shots fired in that household, there will be evidence. I'm not going to go in to detail on that, but it's near impossible to remove that evidence.

Let us hope that the DA is working with any potential accomplices, helping them understand the wisdom of cooperating with LE.
Throwing away their lives and everything they have worked for as well as covering up for a dastardly deed; will not get them anywhere.....but the slammer, and for a very long time.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Inexplicably, there was a "missing page" from the gun restraining order, which has now been posted on the court web site according to Channel 8.
Millete son photographed near cache of illegal guns | cbs8.com
Good grief that's a lot of weapons...even for an "enthusiast". The fact he gave weapons to his friends and refused to tell LE their whereabouts is not going to bode well. This guy seems to think he's quite slick. Newsflash to LM...you can't "out slick" the FBI.

WHAT???!!! YO. I stand with our second amendment, but this, this is crazy!
He was preparing for war. Holy cow. His neighbors must be freaking out!
Wow.

From the news the incredible number of weapons owned by LM:

"The documents show Larry Millete owns 22 firearms, including 7 AR-15s, three shotguns and five handguns. Eight of the firearms are legally registered to him, but the 14 others were not.

The reason for the restraining order, according to the documents is a "significant danger'" of MIllete having access to the firearms.

Larry is said to have allowed a third party to possess firearms without a legal transfer, also noting that he bought two firearms after a search warrant was served at his home where illegal firearms were seized, referring to the first search of the Millete home back in January.

After the search in January, Millete also reportedly told officers that he knew they were coming for his weapons and that he gave multiple firearms to his friends. In the document, police say he refused to give names of those in possession of the weapons.

Two semi-automatic rifles belonging to Millete were seized from his uncle’s house.

As of May 4th, 18 of Millete's firearms are outstanding."

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...training-order-days-before-police-search-home

The photo was from January 2020 and depicted lots of guns, his young son :), and four passports..... for a family of 5? :rolleyes: makes you wonder how long it has been just him and the kids in his head...... oh man, those children need protection and the love of her family STAT. :(

edit: punctuation

WHAT???!!! YO. I stand with our second amendment, but this, this is crazy!
He was preparing for war. Holy cow. His neighbors must be freaking out!
Wow.
No kidding! Can you imagine living next to someone allegedly firing guns in the house, wife missing, etc! That neighborhood must be terrified.

amateur opinion and speculation

The photo was from January 2020 and depicted lots of guns, his young son :), and four passports..... for a family of 5? :rolleyes: makes you wonder how long it has been just him and the kids in his head...... oh man, those children need protection and the love of her family STAT. :(

I speculate the youngest can be added to the parents passport...

The family seemed to travel a lot, I wonder if one of their passports just wasn't visible or was somewhere else? Even the youngest one would need his own passport, even infants would require their own, so maybe they were waiting on a new one or someone's was being renewed. Either way, I'm glad there was some photographic evidence that helped get a gvro, I'm just surprised how long it took especially if he freely admitted breaking the law by giving his guns to people without legally transferring through a dealer.

I speculate the youngest can be added to the parents passport...

That's not allowed any more. Every person has to have their own passport now. I know because my middlest had to jump through lots of hoops to get our grandson his passport after the divorce...yowzers. It's good that they're careful about making sure one parent can't take the kid out of the country without consent, but it's a pain in the butt.

fgs, who needs 22 firearms in an upscale bedroom community in southern CA ? Can't this man be arrested and held for his stash of illegal weapons while the investigation continues, and have authorities get those children away from this dangerous unhinged man?
Fearing he's going to do something horrible when cornered.
Not Just January 2020 -

From the CBS 8 article linked above "The timestamp on the photograph of the boy indicated it was taken on January 9, 2020, according to the updated restraining order declaration".

That's the weekend Maya disappeared.
Respectfully, Maya disappeared January 7, 2021.

Update on Warrant:

Millete son photographed near cache of illegal guns | cbs8.com

Photos shows 4-year-old on table with guns, ammunition, and 4 passports...photo was dated January 9, 2021:
"A photograph -- allegedly downloaded by police from Larry Millete's cell phone on January 23 -- showed the boy standing on "a kitchen table with a cache of 16 firearms, 4 United States Passports, a government Identification card, several high capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition," according to the newly-released record.

"The photograph, as well as a second photo showing the cache of weapons without the boy standing on the table, have been sealed by the judge in the case."

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-10_20-4-18.png
    upload_2021-5-10_20-4-18.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 96
Good grief that's a lot of weapons...even for an "enthusiast". The fact he gave weapons to his friends and refused to tell LE their whereabouts is not going to bode well. This guy seems to think he's quite slick. Newsflash to LM...you can't "out slick" the FBI.

Wow. Reason to take those kids away from him IMO.
People who own that many guns like to call themselves “collectors”.
Unfortunately, there’s also tons of photos on social media of these people with their guns and kids.

Meet America's gun super-owners – with an average of 17 firearms each | US gun control | The Guardian

There’s more guns than people in the US and 22% (72 million) report they own a gun, so obviously quite a few people own a lot of guns.

How Many Gun Owners Are In The United States?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla