Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a screenshot from Chris’ YouTube Live from last night. It’s a little fuzzy, but you get the idea. It does look like the Beverly Hillbillys. Lol I also included a pic of the inside of Barry’s Truck full of antlers to sell :)

It’s worse than the Beverly Hillbillies because SM wasn’t a Hillbilly. A picture paints a thousand words…

Regardless of his eye color, I do think Barry is overly concerned with appearances, and this may have had fatal consequences ?
I think many here are correct in guessing his motive.
Imo.
Some people think he looks thinner and has aged 10 years in that picture. Stress can do that sometimes. I bet it's killing him knowing what everyone will think when all is revealed, especially his friends and family. I doubt he will age well in prison. Imo

Antlers?
Worthwhile to collect naturally shed antlers (like below) and to separate the antlers from hunted elk, then sell to others to craft/transform to decor items. Yes, quite a market for finished products w real antlers.
Examples at peakantlers.com.
"Our smaller oval elk antler chandelier...................................$ 2849.oo"
"Large sized Elk Antler Chandelier made up of 7 Elk sheds ...$ 3069.oo"
"Longs Peak Oval Elk Antler Chandelier.................................$ 6,595.00"

If ^ is not in the household budget, other antler products are available, say, for Fideaux the Well Fed Dog:
"Large 8″-9″ Antler Dog Chews, Set of Three Natural Dog Bones, (Regular price $18 each) ...$ 45.92"

The load of antlers pictured in BM's pickup & trailer leaving IN. was not just pocket change.
Haha funny you mention antler chandelier Barry had one in his house.
19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

Attachments

• 17546418-AF43-486E-8A45-5AA3083251C4.jpeg
    17546418-AF43-486E-8A45-5AA3083251C4.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 77
Hahaha. I love your post. I thought about Ole Barr yesterday and wondered if he was enjoying the beans abs baloney sandwiches in jail. Apparently lots of peanut butter too according to Letecia Stauch. :)

yep I have a friend in jail almost a year jail alternates daily between peanut butter and turkey bologna. Having one everyday would make me gag. Lol

One of his trucks was brand new the one he drives now. I believe he has two expensive SUVs I can’t remember the name of them maybe Renegades? one was sold in Indiana recently. I think he Barry only had money when it came to the things and man toys he wanted for himself but not Suzanne. I think he was a very selfish man JMO
Found these vehicles listed under his name by entering Barry’s info into the Progressive Insurance website:

BC08F79D-3850-43F7-98CF-891789E529C9.png

Last edited:
Probably HOA to keep it plowed out in winter. Their house was in a development...just not what typically are envisioned when thinking of suburban developments.
Are you still on the fence or have you changed your mind with Barry’s arrest? You’ve always been very careful not to accuse him, so I truly wondered if this came as a shock to you? I always admired your differing views!

Some people think he looks thinner and has aged 10 years in that picture. Stress can do that sometimes. I bet it's killing him knowing what everyone will think when all is revealed, especially his friends and family. I doubt he will age well in prison. Imo

bbm
not without cosmetic dental care, access to a plastic surgeon (if fillers or Botox are indeed what he used...)

He’s going to have a very, very hard and bad time in there.

Antler Chandelier?
Haha funny you mention antler chandelier Barry had one in his house.19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow
@Whiteorchids Very observant.
Not sure but I think the pic you showed may be the same light fixture in MLS pix when prior owner listed the home for sale. Normally such a chandelier would remain in house post-sale, but sometimes owners want to move a distinctive fixture to their new home, so they would negotiate it out of the listing description or exclude it when accepting an offer. I've seen some unexpected items negotiated in and out of home sales. Some high-dollar items, others w sentimental value only.
Or someone like BM may not want the fixture already there, may want to install his fixture made w his personally collected antlers. <---just hypothetical, IDK.

Last edited:
Strange these murderers all used their trade in some way to dispose of bodies. Chris Watts was an oil field worker for Andarko used his job site to bury Shannan and put daughters in oil tanks. Patrick Frazee was a rancher he burned Kelsey Berreth remains on his ranch with his mom, I believe he had burned animals on his ranch also. Scott Peterson was a fisherman he killed his wife took her body out on his fishing boat, used cement blocks to weight her down pushed her into the ocean near his usual fishing spot. Barry Morphew is a landscaper so my guess is he used his landscaping abilities tools and equipment to hide Suzanne’s remains under the ground.

Just catching up with today’s posts. Feeling sad, considering the day, and upon multiple mentions of SM’s father. So very sad that he had to deal with this and didn’t get to see this arrest. Not that it could have helped his pain anyway..

also, I had long thought that this was likely a blood-less or minimally messy...situation. Hearing everyone’s thoughts are making me seriously re-evaluate and open my mind to other possibilities. I’m not sure why I thought that way; I just did. Again, add that to the list of sadness today.

Antler Chandelier?
@Whiteorchids Very observant.
Not sure but I think the pic you showed may be the same light fixture in MLS pix when prior owner listed the home for sale. Normally such a chandelier would remain in house post-sale, but sometimes owners want to move a distinctive fixture to their new home, so they would negotiate it out of the listing description or exclude it when accepting an offer. I've seen some unexpected items negotiated in and out of home sales. Some high-dollar items, others w sentimental value only.
Or someone like BM may not want the fixture already there, may want to install his fixture made w his personally collected antlers. IDK.
There is a photo of Barry reading a book maybe a Bible in a chair with his kids same room and chandelier but I can’t post it because of the kids in the photo. Maybe I can find it and edit the kids out.

Re: Alexa

Usually we need to say Alexa (or Google or Siri, depending which device the home has) prior to a request. To get the device's attention, turn it 'on'.

Which led me to questions.

- Does screaming turn the device on, or only screaming that could sound like the device name?
- Does the device say anything back ... like "I don't understand" "Do you need help?" "What the heck is all that screaming about?" "Do you want me to call 911?"
- Does the device quietly record all the time, not just when its name is said?
- Is the device programmed to turn on if there are sounds of anguish?

Random question. I was surprised when the PP home was listed it had HOA fees (IIRC). How secluded was it really? Admittedly, I don't know anything about HOA fees and assumed they were part of developments. IMO
Probably HOA to keep it plowed out in winter. Their house was in a development...just not what typically are envisioned when thinking of suburban developments.
Lots of people have these in Colorado! They are in all the furniture store there too

sorry didn’t like my image but there is a store in Gunnison chock full of antlers. Last I was by they were all around the entrance too.

Mortgage? Tax Returns?
@Hatch bbm sbm Ability to keep mortgage payments current? Over the past year many here posted - at time of PP purchase, no mortgage on it was recorded in publicly viewable Chaffee County records. If true, BM/they had no mortgage payments* to make but like you mentioned, may have been short on moolah. Even if BM/they bought their vehicles w cash, they still had many other expenses.

And yes, their income tax returns may be revealing. Reporting high or low income from landscaping business? Interest or dividend income? Substantial capital gains or losses?

* Conceivably there may have been a loan made later w PP property securing it but not publicly recorded. If so, (imo likely) not a typical loan (like a HELoC) by a financial institution but a "friends or family" type loan w agreement not to record.

I have been wondering how they managed to pay for two homes. If they had a private loan. If a mortgage is in someone else's name. If they rented their current home as opposed to buying it.

Is there something (official) that says that they purchased the homes? That identifies the buyers? Or is it assumption based on buy/sell dates (and perhaps based on media)?

I am sure that forensic accounting would have been carried out, to determine the level of debt and if that goes toward motive.

Good morning my WS family. I am going to be busy today because my daughter is in the hospital with complications following gallbladder surgery. But I wanted to acknowledge this sad anniversary today and I know we will all be thinking of beautiful Suzanne especially today and after Mother’s Day yesterday. I’m so grateful that Barry is in jail and justice is coming. I’ll be following the thread today when I can. I’m so looking forward to reading the AA. We are going to have a field day with that! Love to you all!
May your daughter have a speedy and complete recovery!

Not only that, his natural color hair will grow out. There might not be any hair product in the commissary. Haircuts, jail barbers might not do the same edgy cut as BM was used to. The veneers will chip away. It will be very humbling for BM to be behind bars. Realistically, the first time he hasn't had people doting on him and covering up for him.

IMO, BM has lived his entire life on his image and bravado.

And now, that is all falling down around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998