Found Deceased UK - John Dick, 37, missing Marine, Bury St Edmunds, 30 Nov 2020

I can guarantee you this case has absolutely nothing to do with Corrie McKeague's disappearance - that's just the UK media clutching at straws trying to make a connection. Pure clickbait.
I never thought they were related and I said so.

Just had another look at John’s company. Accounts for lasts year have still not been filled making it 24 days late. The website is down but fb/Instagram still up. Looks to me John controlled the social media of this account. I have been wondering does anyone think the business partner could be a silent partner? There really isn’t much about him,

Just had another look at John’s company. Accounts for lasts year have still not been filled making it 24 days late. The website is down but fb/Instagram still up. Looks to me John controlled the social media of this account. I have been wondering does anyone think the business partner could be a silent partner? There really isn’t much about him,
He may have been, hard to tell as they never personalised the business pages with name or photos of themselves.

A previous comment on here mentioned him and suggested he and John had appeared good friends. However he hadn't shared anything regarding his disaprence. I've tried looking for him on FB and he has either removed all connection with John or removed himself. I'm wondering if he is involved with the alleged GBH or part of a bigger fall out with others?

I also think it might be possible that the family might release a bit more info as time goes ok. Ok yes it might hamper the investigation but what investigation? John is not around or does it look like he is coming back anytime soon.

RIP John. Thoughts with your family and friends

BEACON ALERT: FOUND PASSED

We have been informed by the family of John, for whom we launched a Beacon for in December 2020, has been found passed.

Although we don’t have many details, it is believed that was found not far from where he was last sighted on 30th November 2020.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time. We ask you that you respect their privacy at this difficult time and keep them in your thoughts. If you’re distressed by this news or need support with your mental health, please reach out:

Samaritans: 116 123
All Call Signs: 023 9438 7914
#BeaconAlert #VeteranSupport

Where he was found was on the river side rather than the sea. He could have gone into the water at Harwich town and be swept up the river which might explain the different locations of the remains. It's unlikely he would have entered the water in the river itself ( though not impossible) because of the amount of things between the train station and the river, such as industrial, port related stuff.

An appeal to help pay for the funeral of a Royal Marines veteran found dead after going missing 10 months ago has raised more than £10,000 in just one day.

John Ross Dick, who grew up in Letchworth, went missing on November 30 last year, resulting in tireless appeals and searches by police and his family to find him.

Last Wednesday, John's family say they were told news they had been dreading - he had died, aged just 37. He leaves behind his wife, Lorna, and two young children.

John's friend, Simon Swann, has started a Go Fund Me page to help pay for John's funeral, raising more than £10,000 in just one day, and standing at £11,460 at the time of writing - exceeding the £8,000 target.

Simon said he wanted "to provide John's family with the finances to give him a good send off without having to worry about money".

£10k raised in 24 hours for John Dick's funeral

• Skull belonging to John Dick, 38, recovered at building site Harwick Port, Essex
  • He had been reported missing since November 2020 after boarding a train
  • Ex-Marine was wanted by police in connection with stabbing before vanishing
  • His 'devastated' family have paid tribute to him in the wake of the discovery
John Dick, 38, of Suffolk, had been hunted by police after he disappeared in November after being wanted in connection with a stabbing that resulted in a victim being seriously injured.

Human bones were also recovered along the coastline near Bathside Bay and in marshland in recent days, prompting further examination by police.

Father-of-two John had bought a train ticket to Harwich when he was last seen on November 30, and the last confirmed sighting was of him disembarking a train at Dovercourt station, Essex that day.

The 13-year veteran had been classified as 'high-risk' by police after linking him to a serious assault following a stabbing in Thetford, Norfolk, the day before his disappearance.

Essex Police confirmed a file will be sent to coroners who will determine the overall cause of death in an inquest due to be held later this year.

Human skull and remains of missing Marine veteran John Dick uncovered in Essex building site | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
So weird. This case popped into my head today (I've not checked for weeks) so I just Googled and saw the reports.

Sounds like a suicide although this is a bit odd - seems like his remains were found in three different places. No idea the distance between them.

Remains found on building site identified as missing veteran
How can that be possible! His skull on a building site and then remains elsewhere? Sounds very suspicious. Surely if suicide his remains would be found in one place? MOO

How can that be possible! His skull on a building site and then remains elsewhere? Sounds very suspicious. Surely if suicide his remains would be found in one place? MOO
If is possible there was foul play, but I think the mention of a building site is a bit misleading. They are building on an area that's quite marshy and around a tidal river. So it's more likely he's gone into the sea somewhere and over the course of 9 months has slowly been washed up the river and the remains have been scattered more along that part of the coast.

I don't think it's a building site how it might be imagined and the skull may have washed in with the tide and onto the area they are now building upon.

Thanks for the the clarity the lasthawiian. Suicide does seam possible if he was broken up by the sea and rocks. Maybe a cause of death will never by established if he has been deceased for sometime. He was under an extraordinary amount of stress following the alleged assault. I did here that the victim is in WP. I do hope John is buried with military honours as he has served his country at a high level.

Thanks for the the clarity the lasthawiian. Suicide does seam possible if he was broken up by the sea and rocks. Maybe a cause of death will never by established if he has been deceased for sometime. He was under an extraordinary amount of stress following the alleged assault. I did here that the victim is in WP. I do hope John is buried with military honours as he has served his country at a high level.
Poor John. What is WP please?

Apparently the assault was very out of character for John. He had no previous dealings with the police. His family and friends stress what a lovely man he was. He was far from being a hardened criminal. There must have been something else in the background to hav caused the assault. If the victim of the assault is in witness protection he’s presumably not being protected from John. So who is he being protected from?

if something out of the ordinary caused the assault incident to occur that was probably also a major factor in whatever stress is stated that John was under leading up to his disappearance.

if he committed suicide though, why go to trouble of going on a train to Dovercourt. It seems like he was travelling with some sort of purpose. To meet someone or find a boat?

it seems like there is something else going on here and it feels very sad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back