CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Warrant:

Millete son photographed near cache of illegal guns | cbs8.com
(Snipped)
"A photograph -- allegedly downloaded by police from Larry Millete's cell phone on January 23 -- showed the boy standing on "a kitchen table with a cache of 16 firearms, 4 United States Passports, a government Identification card, several high capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition," according to the newly-released record.
He forgot the spread of cash usually in this type of photo

Last edited:
I wanted to post the News10 interview with Defense Attorney Paul Pfingst (not a fan of his at all and I hope he isn't going to insinuate himself into defending LM). He had a lot to say on the gun restraining order, I wanted to hear it again, but... Instead, the news posted this with another legal expert weighting in. Anyways--

LM's statements are all about defending himself and his rights, and the experts tend to agree to some of it. That is why in regards to Maya, (not the gun issue), it is of the utmost importance for the evidence to be undeniable and the charges to stick better than Gorilla Glue.

JMO, that LM may still feel he has some wiggle room and power, but wait, hopefully his karma is coming.

Maya Millete's husband, Larry Millete, served with a gun violence restraining order (10news.com)

Looks like he has a hearing regarding all those guns!

from the article posted above.

Millete son photographed near cache of illegal guns | cbs8.com

Judge Bacal ordered Larry Millete’s name and address redacted from the court records until a hearing is held on June 22. However, Millete's name is associated with the restraining order case number, when searched through the San Diego County Sheriff's Department website.

During the June hearing, the judge will decide whether to make the gun violence restraining order permanent for at least 12 months.

Surprising that LE saw that photo of the little boy and all those guns back in January. Gosh, that's disturbing to me. LM didn't always keep them in a locked safe away from the children like Maricris believed. I respect Maricris (video) for always trying to be fair towards LM, but still not backing down from pursuing Justice for Maya. Prayers, Justice for Maya is coming soon.

May ‘Maya’ Millete Firearms Seized – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

The picture, taken in January 2020, shows the couple’s son standing on the kitchen table, surrounded by a cache of 16 firearms, several high-capacity magazines, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and four passports, according to court documents.

According to the affidavit on file in the petition for a gun-violence restraining order against Larry, the photo was observed by Chula Vista Police on Jan. 23, 2021, three weeks after Millete’s wife vanished.

[...]

Drouaillet told NBC 7 that Larry kept the guns in a locked safe, away from his three children. She also said she believes the search is a sign that the investigation is moving forward, and she and her family will soon get the answers they’ve been waiting for.

“We’ll have closure for the family and, hopefully, our nightmare is gonna end soon,” Drouaillet said.

Experts weigh in on the restraining order:

https://www.10news.com/news/team-10...h-in-on-gun-restraining-order-against-husband

They can take the weapons, but cannot test the weapons. They have to have a connection to a murder, which they haven't been able to establish yet. Ugh.

He could be charged for unregistered guns, but it would be a misdemeanor.

After the first segment, there is a 14 min segment with more discussion from experts (in the first 4 or so mins. The rest of the segment is unrelated.)

Retired detective, Martinelli, said it was a "thin thread" to remove children from a home (per the photo of his son standing on the table of guns.). We don't know if the guns were loaded or if the child was just posing for a second.

Larry responded:

"All my firearms were purchased legally. I'm a law-abiding citizen and veteran. My rights have been violated numerous times. Especially my 2nd and 4th amendments.

Also I would like to add that I have served no aggression or pose no risk that would prohibit me from owning or possessing firearms. It's our constitutional right as Americans."

Cry me a river, Larry. And are you serious right now?

Last edited:
Military record for Larry Millete | cbs8.com

Larry Millete’s DD Form 214 indicated he received a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal in 2003, a Good Conduct Medal, a National Defense Service Medal, a Global War on Terrorism Medal, and a Pistol Sharpshooter Ribbon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.29.31.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.29.31.png
    512.1 KB · Views: 2
Surprising that LE saw that photo of the little boy and all those guns back in January. Gosh, that's disturbing to me. LM didn't always keep them in a locked safe away from the children like Maricris believed. I respect Maricris (video) for always trying to be fair towards LM, but still not backing down from pursuing Justice for Maya. Prayers, Justice for Maya is coming soon.

May ‘Maya’ Millete Firearms Seized – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

The picture, taken in January 2020, shows the couple’s son standing on the kitchen table, surrounded by a cache of 16 firearms, several high-capacity magazines, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and four passports, according to court documents.

According to the affidavit on file in the petition for a gun-violence restraining order against Larry, the photo was observed by Chula Vista Police on Jan. 23, 2021, three weeks after Millete’s wife vanished.

[...]

Drouaillet told NBC 7 that Larry kept the guns in a locked safe, away from his three children. She also said she believes the search is a sign that the investigation is moving forward, and she and her family will soon get the answers they’ve been waiting for.

“We’ll have closure for the family and, hopefully, our nightmare is gonna end soon,” Drouaillet said.
Massachusetts is the only state that requires a gun safe, in California one only needs a CA DOJ-approved safety device, such as a trigger lock, which are usually sold with the firearm.
And there’s no law against kids being exposed to guns.
A famous ex baseball player caused a stir in the last election posting a riddled target and a comment he was teaching his kids to shoot in case Sanders was elected. That’s legal too.
1st and 2nd Amendments covers a lot of questionable choices.
Kids and Guns review – a terrifying look at the heart of American culture

Experts weigh in on the restraining order:

https://www.10news.com/news/team-10...h-in-on-gun-restraining-order-against-husband

They can take the weapons, but cannot test the weapons. They have to have a connection to a murder, which they haven't been able to establish yet. Ugh.

He could be charged for unregistered guns, but it would be a misdemeanor.

After the first segment, there is a 14 min segment with more discussion from experts (in the first 4 or so mins. The rest of the segment is unrelated.)

Retired detective, Martinelli, said it was a "thin thread" to remove children from a home (per the photo of his son standing on the table of guns.). We don't know if the guns were loaded or if the child was just posing for a second.

Larry responded:

"All my firearms were purchased legally. I'm a law-abiding citizen and veteran. My rights have been violated numerous times. Especially my 2nd and 4th amendments.

Also I would like to add that I have served no aggression or pose no risk that would prohibit me from owning or possessing firearms. It's our constitutional right as Americans."

Cry me a river, Larry. And are you serious right now?

Except for the illegal ones, Larry!

I hope LE found some interesting things during the search.

I guarantee he has a gun planted.
This will not end well.
Remove those kids NOW.

The fact that he told police he knew they were coming so he gave his guns away is concerning. It seems like a bit of a challenge to LE. It's like "I knew you were coming so I decided to make it harder for you." It seems like he's also attempting to extend the time frame because LE probably has to locate each of those guns before going after Larry again. Just because he said he gave them away doesn't actually make it true. I hope that the dog was able to confirm that all of the missing weapons are not hidden somewhere in the house.

I'm also wondering if anyone can confirm that Larry is in fact a veteran. I'm not well versed in Military practices but I think I heard somewhere that Larry was never actually called to service. I thought you had to be in some sort of battle to be considered a veteran.

I've missed so much over the weekend in this case. I'm happy about the progress. I hope I'm not getting it all messed up either. Got a lot to catch up on.

MOO

He is considered a military veteran due to having served on active duty, though it was only for a few years. War veterans must have served during times of conflict/war. He did serve on active duty though, then in the reserve for a few years it appears, and now he is a civilian contractor at the Navy hospital.

and yes, I thought the same thing about getting rid of the guns - who does that?! Let alone tell the police about it? More and more astounded at his gall every day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288