UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - I just saw this as well. Looks to be the same guy. He was smiling and stuck his tongue out at the cameras as he walked past. A bit disturbing to see tbh. If anyone has iPlayer you can go to live TV and watch BBC News at 1 from the start.

Just trying to find it - do you know what time it was on - as in what time from 1pm?

Just seen it on the news there, what a nasty thing to do knowing her family will have seen that - he looked like he was revelling in it the horrible *advertiser censored*. JMOO

I am not excusing his behaviour but if he is severely mentally unwell/has learning difficulties he is highly unlikely to be in a frame of mind where he would think that behaviour was unacceptable given what he has done. JMO and again not excusing the terrible thing that he has been responsible for.

I think he looked like he had a bit of a smile as he was waiting to get into the van.

Of course he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. I just hope they have the right person.

He definitely did. I guess we will find out more about his frame of mind and mental health in due course. But all in all, what an incredibly disturbing scene.

Christ what an idiot he is!
Maybe why he returned to the crime scene, he’s enjoying it

I agree that it is bizarre and horrible behaviour - and as I've stated further up the thread - if CW is responsible for what he's been accused of (aware we have to refer to him as the accused now as the case is prejudicial - I think?) - then he has not only taken the life of an innocent woman but also caused irreparable trauma and grief to her family and those that loved her. However I think people should be aware of making assumptions on whether an individual is, say, "enjoying it all" from their body language - if CW is suffering from mental illness/a learning disability then I think its important not to assume to much from behaviour such as this - at risk of potentially further stigmatising it and leading to other individuals with MI with aggressive tendencies being able to slip through the social/medical net. Obviously I have no idea as to whether CW is even mentally ill/has learning disabilities - just something I think its sometimes important to remember. JMO of course.

I agree that it is bizarre and horrible behaviour - and as I've stated further up the thread - if CW is responsible for what he's been accused of (aware we have to refer to him as the accused now as the case is prejudicial - I think?) - then he has not only taken the life of an innocent woman but also caused irreparable trauma and grief to her family and those that loved her. However I think people should be aware of making assumptions on whether an individual is, say, "enjoying it all" from their body language - if CW is suffering from mental illness/a learning disability then I think its important not to assume to much from behaviour such as this - at risk of potentially further stigmatising it and leading to other individuals with MI with aggressive tendencies being able to slip through the social/medical net. Obviously I have no idea as to whether CW is even mentally ill/has learning disabilities - just something I think its sometimes important to remember. JMO of course.

firstly,i did not say he's 'enjoying it all'....secondly,i did not refer to his body language. I mentioned his behaviour thereby i.e returning to the crime scene area.

He didn’t actually return to the crime scene, did he? He was on the main road on that photo, not where Julia was found.

do we know the exact location of that photo now then? must have missed police releasing that information.

which road did they say it was on?

He didn’t actually return to the crime scene, did he? He was on the main road on that photo, not where Julia was found.

I was just thinking - do we know the photo was definitely taken after the murder had been committed? I wonder if someone tipped off LE about someone acting strangely the day before or even in the weeks before with a description and they had dashcam footage etc - and it was corroborated by a few others. Total conjecture - was trying to find if any sources had stated what date the image was actually from - I can't find that info anywhere so I guess it hasn't been released.

I was just thinking - do we know the photo was definitely taken after the murder had been committed? I wonder if someone tipped off LE about someone acting strangely the day before or even in the weeks before with a description and they had dashcam footage etc - and it was corroborated by a few others. Total conjecture - was trying to find if any sources had stated what date the image was actually from - I can't find that info anywhere so I guess it hasn't been released.

It was definitely taken the day after, they stated it for sure, I’ll have to head back and read through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam