Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah this part of the story stays on my mind too. He was at least partly undressed & in the act of child-rape..... in his basement ..... the victimization of the child blatant & no attempt made to cover it up EG by telling her to get dressed or pushing her into a closet .... the police ring the doorbell ..... and he goes to answer it ? Whuttt
I assumed he felt he had to answer or it would appear suspicious, and they might force their way in. He had a chain lock on the basement door and told police there was nothing in there, but their suspicions were aroused and they broke in.

I spent most of my life in northern Indiana. This is how we refer to the following:
When you are on the ground, you're "walking along the railroad tracks" until you come to where they go over the water, then they become a "trestle." It is open underneath so you can see the water. If you look straight down, the fast moving water will completely disorient you; so you look 2 or 3 ties ahead when walking.
We have one "viaduct" that that is where the street goes under the railroad tracks. It is like a concrete tunnel and you cannot see the train above.
Bridges are not anything except roads that cross over water. HTH
South/Central Indiana here. This is what we say as well.

my understanding was that the girls were last seen at the carwash..and that their bikes were found there. Perhaps there are conflicting stories or sightings. I don't think I am the only one who thought this. I will do some research and if the carwash is not significant , I certainly do apologize for spreading garbage and lies on Websleuths. I do however think the carwash is a significant location in the evansdale case.

time will tell .

mOO

Wasn't there a report of a campsite being found near the bridge, after the girls were murdered?

I recall the rumor of a campsite, and a post that someone had encountered a panhandler at the bridge in the weeks before. There was also the post by Cass County asking for tips related to a hitchhiker with a duffel bag. I don’t recall any factual reports of people living near the Monon High bridge. There was a homeless camp on the rail line called “The Jungle” being disbanded by CSX in Indianapolis around the time of the murders. But it’s quite a distance from Delphi.
Indianapolis homeless camp 'The Jungle' to close

I can understand not being able to ID from that grainy video- but what about the voice? I haven’t seen reports of what the fam thinks of that voice. I’d think that voice would really confirm or negate for fam. Idk
IMO, TL would know and would have had a light bulb moment, if it is now JBC's voice, which he once heard and which was familar to him somehow.

I assumed he felt he had to answer or it would appear suspicious, and they might force their way in. He had a chain lock on the basement door and told police there was nothing in there, but their suspicions were aroused and they broke in.

well yeah ... but .... I mean JMO but if I was this dude in that scenario (perish the disgusting thought) the last thing I’d do was let them in. I’d choose appearing suspicious over being caught in the act of battering & raping the child they were searching for. Unless I wanted to spend the rest of my filthy worthless life in jail, I’d do anything to buy a few more minutes away from LE so I could try to hide evidence / hit the road. MOO

Maybe most likely, to continue with my theme of rampant speculation, LE fooled him with a friendly approach. In the earlier exchange they could’ve pretended to believe & credit his BS about seeing the girl earlier but not since. ‘Oh that’s so helpful, thanks man. Sorry to bother you. Is it okay if we come back a little later if we think of anything else?’ etc MOO

However all it went down, very glad they got him! I do admit that the apparent senselessness of the story raises a tiny concern that he DIDNT actually let them in ... raising specter of a warrantless search ... but anyway the news is he told LE to come on in & that sounds good, best thing he ever did. JMO

! I do admit that the apparent senselessness of the story raises a tiny concern that he DIDNT actually let them in ... raising specter of a warrantless search ... but anyway the news is he told LE to come on in & that sounds good, best thing he ever did. JMO
Snipped

He had two open warrants on him - LE had the right to be there and also to take hm into custody whether he let them enter or not.

jmo

I will gladly eat my words but I don't think JCB is the guy. This killer is cunning and not loud mouth like JCB on fb. The real culprit imo blends in a lot better.
snipped

We've been thinking BG blends in with society, when really he blended in with common criminals.

JBC was literally in and out of custody for years. He was hidden in plain sight, but hidden from LE rather than the public. The surprise isn't that JBC could be BG; the surprise is that he wasn't on LE radar. That took some cunning (and luck).

I think JBC fits BG's profile, just not in the way we've been assuming would be the case.

jmo

snipped

We've been thinking BG blends in with society, when really he blended in with common criminals.

JBC was literally in and out of custody for years. He was hidden in plain sight, but hidden from LE rather than the public. The surprise isn't that JBC could be BG; the surprise is that he wasn't on LE radar. That took some cunning (and luck).

I think JBC fits BG's profile, just not in the way we've been assuming would be the case.

jmo
BBM. Agreed. Instead of being a pillar of the community, he was a felon with addictions issues and anger management problems. He wasn’t suspected of sexual assault against minor females until he was caught with the 9 year old.

my understanding was that the girls were last seen at the carwash..and that their bikes were found there. Perhaps there are conflicting stories or sightings. I don't think I am the only one who thought this. I will do some research and if the carwash is not significant , I certainly do apologize for spreading garbage and lies on Websleuths. I do however think the carwash is a significant location in the evansdale case.

time will tell .

mOO

<modsnip> Every MSM article about the disappearance of the Evansdale victims states that their bikes were found on a trail at Meyers Lake.... not at a carwash.

"They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge,” said Joe Pahl, who alerted police about the video July 16. “I’ve watched it.”
Pahl is the manager of
Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road, where a 24-hour camera captured the footage from its position behind the building. The time and date stamp — 12:11 p.m. July 13 — fits the police timeline of the case....About 4 p.m. the youngsters’ bikes and Collins’ purse were found on the south side of Meyers Lake. Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo, a bicyclist who said he often rides the Evansdale Nature Trail, has previously told The Courier he saw the two kids’ bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.
Surveillance video may be last known sighting of missing girls

Although the girls only look like a blur as they cross the frame on their bicycles in the video, and the footage of the two girls lasts only seconds, investigators say they now are analyzing it for any clues that could lead to information about the girls whose bicycles were later recovered on a trail by nearby Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa.
Missing Iowa Cousins: Surveillance Video of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Discovered

Elizabeth’s purse and their bikes were later found on a trail on the southeast corner of Meyers Lake around 4:00 P.M. that day, but there were no clues as to their whereabouts.
Unsolved: Eights years ago today, the bodies of Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins were discovered

Earlier authorities had only marked off sections of the biking and hiking trail around the lake, where bicycles belonging to Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and a purse were discovered Friday.
Evansdale lake search expands

The girls were last seen riding bikes near downtown Evansdale — close to the Collins’ home, 166 Brovan Blvd. — by their grandmother, Wylma Cook, at 12:15 p.m. Friday. Wylma was baby-sitting the youngsters. The girls’ bikes were found, along with Elizabeth’s purse containing a cell phone, four hours later on the southeast side of the lake on the bike trail.
And:
Police taped off the area of the nature trail where the bikes were found, which is right across the gate allowing access to the drainage outlet.
Authorities begin draining Meyers Lake in search for two missing girls

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO not even surprised cuz this totally fits with my theory of case - of a piece with inability to ID or locate him.

this is how I see it having played out JMO - MOO - he is homeless bummy dude haunting an area popular with local kids. Recently out of prison. No one knows his name, everyone does their best to ignore his existence. He commits insane criminal atrocity .... packs up whatever trash he may cart around & makes himself scarce.

some people do see him wandering off, but anyone who’s ever even noticed him before is accustomed to the presence of a random unremarkable vagrant & doesn’t necessarily think much of it. When LE asks was anyone spotted nearby, some local kids say well yeah there were a few bums around, or maybe just one bum .... don’t know his name or anything, maybe he was there palling around with the meth-heads? But no, the meth-head bums don’t know his name either - that is, those few who even noticed him.

So all LE has is there may have been an unidentified bum around. ‘Did anyone see a random hitchhiker, person walking by the side of the road, a duffel bag?’ they want to know (paraphrase). Maybe quite a few people did, but no one can say anything about him beyond WMA & ‘think I’ve seen him around before maybe...’

years pass. The bum has no fixed address for any length of time, no phone or utilities, so no way to locate even if they did have a name. He winds up as maybe “POI #1 - bum” in LE notes, but they can’t even ID him let alone investigate. Maybe his name floats up due to mugshot resemblance, but there are SO many WMA in Indiana one could say that about. And unless they head him off at a court appearance (did he even show up for any of those?) no way to track him down anyway. He’s at least crashing at his dad’s house (resulting in forcible eviction in 2020) but maybe never happened to be there if/when LE came knocking.... years pass ....

All MOO - just my speculation, IMO the bizarre, inexplicable puzzle’s missing pieces falling into place when they nabbed this cretin ... JMO

Dear @taylorss,

Thank you for your insightful post!

I, too, have been focused on the possibility that J.C.B. could have been "camping" out near the Monon Bridge area, especially if he was homeless between those two jobs - the Moon Fabrication company and the next job which started in April, 2017.

The reporter at the beginning of the news cast (below) states that "9 Delphi charities received money" as a result of Mr. Tim Watt's journey to raise awareness of the homeless and to raise money for them. She interviews Mr. Watt in Delphi and the news cast is around 2017 (or 2016).

It would be interesting to find out information from Mr. Watt about the homeless situation in Delphi when he was there. In particular, where homeless persons camped out around Delphi.

Could the large wooded area on the far side of the Monon bridge have been one place? It is close to the highway and connects to other trails.

It wouldn't surprise me if the investigative team interviewed Tim Watt because he was in Delphi, visiting and staying with the homeless - as well as talking to them.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

TIM WATT (HARRY HOMELESS HIPPIE)-FORMERLY HOMELESS (DURING HIS ADVENTURE, NOW HOUSED BY HVAF)

Last edited:
I tend to be a wait and see kinda person. I have looked at the tons of information that fellow sleuthers have have dug up on JBC. Read lots of opinions and interpretations of things found. Some I agree with some I don’t. Taking all that in to consideration....I think JBC is the Delphi killer. Just my opinion. Doesn’t have anything to do with the sketches, has nothing to do with tattoos. It’s a totality of everything. His build, his mannerisms, the way he stands, his looking younger than he is, a lot of things LE told us to be on the lookout for. His lifestyle, his voice, his connections to the area. Lots of other things. There is no smoking gun, just everything together. LE is looking for the smoking gun. I sure hope they find it, and I think they will.
I know some think the crimes are not similar at all and I disagree. Just my opinion. The speed of the attacks, the boldness of the attacks with people around are very much alike in my opinion. Some people point to the age difference in the victims. The Evansdale victims were 8 and 10 and we debate all the time that they were killed by the same killer as Delphi. Can’t really have it both ways. You can’t dismiss a 9 year old for age, but insist on including an 8 and 10 year old.
It’s just my opinion. I might be wrong. If we’re still waiting for an arrest in a month, we’ll know it’s not him, though hopefully LE will let us know if he’s not.

I agree with all you said here, BUT I'm not so sure we can look for an arrest within a month if JBC is the one they suspect to be BG. Unless LE found that "one piece" they have been waiting for, they have to pull together many pieces, as you pointed out, to build the overall case that is solid enough to take to trial.

I do hope we hear that they have either made an arrest or announced they are no longer interested in JBC very soon.

MOO

Delphi murders still very alive for family

German, who is attending Purdue and studying forensic psychology, says she meets monthly with investigators and they assure her they are making progress.
“They won’t tell me how,” she said. “They won’t tell me why. They won’t tell me what they are looking at. I think he is hiding in plain sight. It could be someone I know or it could be someone who is only in town sometimes.”

And:

“I’ve written a letter I want to read at trial, but it changes all the time,” she said. “I have learned that you can’t go on without forgiveness, so I have forgiven him for what he did. I do not want him to receive the death penalty. When they catch him, I want to see him rot in prison.”

Dear @taylorss,

Thank you for your insightful post!

I, too, have been focused on the possibility that J.C.B. could have been "camping" out near the Monon Bridge area, especially if he was homeless between those two jobs - the Moon Fabrication company and the next job which started in April, 2017.

The reporter at the beginning of the news cast (below) states that "9 Delphi charities received money" as a result of Mr. Tim Watt's journey to raise awareness of the homeless and to raise money for them. She interviews Mr. Watt in Delphi and the news cast is around 2017 (or 2016).

It would be interesting to find out information from Mr. Watt about the homeless situation in Delphi when he was there. In particular, where homeless persons camped out around Delphi.

Could the large wooded area on the far side of the Monon bridge have been one place? It is close to the highway and connects to other trails.

It wouldn't surprise me if the investigative team interviewed Tim Watt because he was in Delphi, visiting and staying with the homeless - as well as talking to them.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

TIM WATT (HARRY HOMELESS HIPPIE)-FORMERLY HOMELESS (DURING HIS ADVENTURE, NOW HOUSED BY HVAF)
That is quite a news segment and I'm also curious if Harry encountered JBC.

I'm not sure JBC was homeless at the time of the Delphi murders. Didn't he post a photo of himself soon after the murders where he is sitting indoors on a couch - the photo with the dog ball in his mouth? Or do I have my dates mixed up?

jmo

BBM. Agreed. Instead of being a pillar of the community, he was a felon with addictions issues and anger management problems. He wasn’t suspected of sexual assault against minor females until he was caught with the 9 year old.
All that "hidden in plain sight" talk seems straight out of a Criminal Minds episode to me. I mean, I watch that show while riding my exercise bike (fast pace of each crime being solved in 45 minutes keeps me pedaling). There have been episodes when the profilers are talking and they say that and other exact same things said at the Delphi press conferences. I don't know if they knew much or had a real profile. MOO, and not what I necessarily thought before, I admit.

i thought LE said there is no evident link between the two murders yet its still talked about here as such..
even if we are living the social media craze era..thinking that we will find solutions and evidence and hints for murders on SM is non realistic ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave