Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne morphew

A mercy killing?
this is hilarious and I mean.. How are you so stupid?
The OP suggested Barry may have "told" his daughters it was a mercy killing, not that he actually killed her for that reason. I do think he could be that stupid, assuming that's who you meant. I think the last thing he wants is for his daughters to believe he killed Suzanne.

However, I think it's more likly he told them he was being framed and police were retaliating against him for criticizing the way they handled the investigation. He may stick to his story that LE botched the investigation and needed someone to blame.

That it was mercy killing wouldn't work since the girls would have known Suzanne was doing well and was finished with her treatments. Imo

To make this idea even more interesting, the woman who was shown in the photos hanging out with Barry and grabbing Mexican food, pictured recently in the Daily Mail, is the same woman who now owns Suzanne's black RR, if I'm not mistaken. (I could be. I might have my red-heads mixed up.) Imo, that is why Chris said "you know who you are."

Where is this information coming from? Link please?

I don't understand why he didn't sell his business in Indiana. It certainly was profitable. Then take her 500K inheritance and move to Colorado and get a nice home, not a million dollar one. Instead he moves all his equipment and then starts all over. That in itself is a gamble and stressful.

I don't understand why he didn't sell his business in Indiana. It certainly was profitable. Then take her 500K inheritance and move to Colorado and get a nice home, not a million dollar one. Instead he moves all his equipment and then starts all over. That in itself is a gamble and stressful.
I thought he did sell his business in Indiana, and put that money into the Puma Path home, along with Suzanne's inheritance?

But yes, it probably would have taken a lot of financial pressure away if they had downsized when they moved. Going by Suzanne's sister's statements, she may have been starting to regret some of their decisions and Barry may have resented her for that. Imo

I thought he did sell his business in Indiana, and put that money into the Puma Path home, along with Suzanne's inheritance?

But yes, it probably would have taken a lot of financial pressure away if they had downsized when they moved. Going by Suzanne's sister's statements, she may have been starting to regret some of their decisions and Barry may have resented her for that. Imo
BBM: I did not know that. Thanks

If it's true that SM's inheritance & BM's Indiana business was sold to buy the CO home, the thought must have been, no house payment = no financial concerns? If one spouse is not working, the other one better have a secure job that can easily pay for property insurance, car payments, medical and the list really goes on. Was it the belief the CO home did not have a mortgage? IMO

BBM If the water source is a well, the filling time would depend on the gallons per minute the will produces.
I'm skeptical about the hot tub being in play as well. The shower or bath tub makes more sense.

In that area it is not uncommon to purchase water to fill hot tubs / pools. With his access to the FF vehicles, I could see them being able to use a fire truck to haul water as well. Even tho a hot tub is not as much water as a pool, the water from the well would be more difficult to stabilize. You can pre-filter the water from the well as you fill as it is extremely hard water in that area. It would take considerable amount of time to stabilize the water even if it is pre filtered and no need to stress your well in the mountains when you can easily buy water and have it delivered that is not full of the minerals and metals that are in the well water. I guess what I am saying is your not gonna fill a hot tub from a well in the mountains and be soaking that night or next day. Altho by the looks of the trailer it could be a hillbilly hot tub set up...

I grew up about 30 minutes from their and we had a cistern which was filled often till we upgraded to a well. Also our septic was initially a holding tank that was upgraded to a septic, which became a two tank system. Many septic systems in the mountains or foothills are two tank systems.

The grassy area behind the house is more than likely the drainage field or leach field of the septic. It is very difficult to get required percolation rates for a true septic system in the mountains. The regulations of placement of the leach field are just as ridiculous.

I would think LE would have opened the Septic tank within minutes of arrival to inspect.

I was wondering, what happens to human blood when mixed with animal blood? Does it show up differently when they use their detection equipment, can dogs tell the difference? Are they able to differentiate between the two different dna's?

Lol :D Maybe he was going to make his own antler archway at Chez Barry? :rolleyes: The ultimate macho entryway for his new bachelor pad!
That would indeed be a remarkable-looking prison cell, the ultimate, full-time-life-time bachelor pad. Distinctively chez Barry. I wonder what the other inmates would think of that? Gotta be some envy there? No doubt the warden would raise a few eyebrows, but then, s/he has prolly seen it all....

Last edited:
If it's true that SM's inheritance & BM's Indiana business was sold to buy the CO home, the thought must have been, no house payment = no financial concerns? If one spouse is not working, the other one better have a secure job that can easily pay for property insurance, car payments, medical and the list really goes on. Was it the belief the CO home did not have a mortgage? IMO

IIRC, very early in the case, someone known to the Morphews was posting here and they mentioned BM did sell his landscaping business in IN. It has been said that the CO home was paid for in cash so I can only guess that was from the proceeds of the sale of the IN business and SM's inheritance from her mother.

Oddly, the IN landscaping business still has the same name (Barry's initials) blmlandscape.com, website (familiar site designer name if you right click "view source") and social media presence BLM Landscape although it appears neglected since 05.18.

I think Suzanne's sister Melinda's comments about financial issues is going to play a huge role in the case. I think BM likes to pretend he's more financially comfortable than what the bank says, and that's probably been a driving force for a lot of his decisions. The love of money being the root of all evil... I will not be the least bit surprised. Of course, this is all entirely speculation.

Oh my goodness.
No words. :(
That would indeed be a remarkable-looking prison cell, the ultimate, full-time-life-time bachelor pad. Distinctively chez Barry. I wonder what the other inmates would think of that? Gotta be some envy there? No doubt the warden would raise a few eyebrows, but then, s/he has prolly seen it all....
MOO he was selling them. He does hustle.

I’m so intrigued in what BM told his daughters. The family appears to have liquidated Suzanne’s personal items (her clothing and her car), and seemingly went on with their daily lives very soon after Suzanne’s disappearance. Never searching or attending vigils or memorials even when personally invited to by friends. It really makes one wonder what Barry told his daughters?

Colorado End-of-Life Options Act

In 2016, Colorado voters approved Proposition 106, “Access to Medical Aid In Dying,” which amends Colorado statutes to include the Colorado End-of-life Options Act (hereinafter “Act”) at Article 48 of Title 25, C.R.S. The Act:

• Allows an eligible terminally ill individual with a prognosis of six months or less to live to request and self-administer medical aid-in-dying medication in order to voluntarily end his or her life,
  • Authorizes a physician to prescribe medical aid-in-dying medication to a terminally ill individual under certain conditions, and
  • Creates criminal penalties for tampering with a person's request for medical aid-in-dying medication or knowingly coercing a person with a terminal illness to request the medication.
~snip
Medical Aid in Dying | Department of Public Health & Environment
JMO and speculation...
I’ve felt all along that Barry told the daughters he knew who took/murdered Suzanne and why. His publicly calling people ex-cons, criminals and meth heads fed into this story. I feel he convinced the girls they were all in danger and needed to relocate and keep quiet. I’d love to know when and if the daughters were interviewed by LE and, if they were, did they suddenly refuse to cooperate further.

I’m so intrigued in what BM told his daughters. The family appears to have liquidated Suzanne’s personal items (her clothing and her car), and seemingly went on with their daily lives very soon after Suzanne’s disappearance. Never searching or attending vigils or memorials even when personally invited to by friends. It really makes one wonder what Barry told his daughters?

Colorado End-of-Life Options Act

In 2016, Colorado voters approved Proposition 106, “Access to Medical Aid In Dying,” which amends Colorado statutes to include the Colorado End-of-life Options Act (hereinafter “Act”) at Article 48 of Title 25, C.R.S. The Act:

• Allows an eligible terminally ill individual with a prognosis of six months or less to live to request and self-administer medical aid-in-dying medication in order to voluntarily end his or her life,
  • Authorizes a physician to prescribe medical aid-in-dying medication to a terminally ill individual under certain conditions, and
  • Creates criminal penalties for tampering with a person's request for medical aid-in-dying medication or knowingly coercing a person with a terminal illness to request the medication.
~snip
Medical Aid in Dying | Department of Public Health & Environment
I’d be more inclined to think he convinced them that she ran off with someone. Maybe that’s why he (seemingly) tried to create the illusion she was friending men on FB. Especially if he is very close to the elder daughter, he may have been gaslighting her into thinking mom was “bad” and this was the cause of any dissension the girls may have been aware of.

Another interesting story to me on the ‘Interview Room’ recent video, at approx the 27:00 minute mark, they’re talking about Barry’s land transactions back in Indiana. They said that Barry “in a seemingly positive way” took over an elderly mans mortgage. Barry then took over the mans property, kicked the man out and sold the property.

Greedy and devious, IMO.

IIRC, very early in the case, someone known to the Morphews was posting here and they mentioned BM did sell his landscaping business in IN. It has been said that the CO home was paid for in cash so I can only guess that was from the proceeds of the sale of the IN business and SM's inheritance from her mother.

Oddly, the IN landscaping business still has the same name (Barry's initials) blmlandscape.com, website (familiar site designer name if you right click "view source") and social media presence BLM Landscape although it appears neglected since 05.18.

I think Suzanne's sister Melinda's comments about financial issues is going to play a huge role in the case. I think BM likes to pretend he's more financially comfortable than what the bank says, and that's probably been a driving force for a lot of his decisions. The love of money being the root of all evil... I will not be the least bit surprised. Of course, this is all entirely speculation.
I think Barry has ADD and where do you hurt yourself the most with this, financially.

Responding to my own post to point out it was this VI member who told us BM sold his landscaping business in Indiana for a cool mil. o_O CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

I think it’s all a financial house of cards. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, cash transactions, moving money, loans, inheritances financing other ventures, flipping real estate. Lots of moving parts. A forensic accountant has probably been working very diligently to see where they actually stood. Barry worked hard and was always on the hustle. I think Suzanne may have been unaware of exactly where they were financially.

I’d be more inclined to think he convinced them that she ran off with someone. Maybe that’s why he (seemingly) tried to create the illusion she was friending men on FB. Especially if he is very close to the elder daughter, he may have been gaslighting her into thinking mom was “bad” and this was the cause of any dissension the girls may have been aware of.

I thought of this scenario with BM's bizarre statement below. SM was bad and this is what happens to bad people who take risks. It also gave me the impression that BM is a weak man to talk like this. I got second hand embarrassment when this quote was reported.

This sounds cliché, but I have watched enough Dateline to know court cases air the dirty laundry of people (some true, some not) and wild accusations are cast. It will be interesting to see what the defense will be. At the same time, this will continue to be devastating to the victim survivors of SM's presumed murder.

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Another interesting story to me on the ‘Interview Room’ recent video, at approx the 27:00 minute mark, they’re talking about Barry’s land transactions back in Indiana. They said that Barry “in a seemingly positive way” took over an elderly mans mortgage. Barry then took over the mans property, kicked the man out and sold the property.

Greedy and devious, IMO.

Y'all are actually going to make me watch this, aren't you? :cool:
So many references to it, now I have to sit and watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong