IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the only "proof" of a blackout the lack of memory of the person who is blacked out? No other way to tell for sure?

jmo
Yeah, I don't think there's any way to predict someone will have a blackout by their behavior. The only way to know for sure is later on, when the person doesn't remember certain things they said or did while they were drinking. Imo

CBC has been charged with attempted murder. "A conviction for attempted murder rivals the severity of penalties as with a conviction for murder in Indiana."
https://www.eskewlaw.com/criminal-defense-lawyer/attempted-murder-indiana/

Courtesy of zencompass from Thread 2

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

If convicted, he deserves the maximum extra years added to his sentence.

Sounds reminiscent of Ted Bundy. Grew up believing his mother was an older sister and that his grandmother was his mother. He expressed a lifelong resentment toward his mother for never talking to him about his real father, and for leaving him to discover his true parentage for himself.

Exactly. IIRC he did love his grandpop.

Jack Nicholson thought his mother was his sister until in his 30's. Time magazine came out with the truth right before "Chinatown".
O/T but still wild.

This JBC will have psych evaluations out the wazzzzoooo. I just hope this little girl gets all the help she needs. The very best, and continue to be a survivor.

From the article:

"Chadwell, 42, was born in Kokomo, Indiana, to a mother who was only 15 at the time.

The following year she married James Chadwell, and they went on to have two more boys and a girl."

And

"Chadwell - who uses the name Brian to distinguish himself from James Brian Chadwell Sr, the man who raised him..."

His mother named him after the man she married a year later? I feel like there's more to that story. Undoubtedly, he had a very disturbed childhood. Not making excuses AT ALL. Just always curious about what leads a person down this sort of path.

From the article:

"Chadwell, 42, was born in Kokomo, Indiana, to a mother who was only 15 at the time.

The following year she married James Chadwell, and they went on to have two more boys and a girl."

And

"Chadwell - who uses the name Brian to distinguish himself from James Brian Chadwell Sr, the man who raised him..."

His mother named him after the man she married a year later? I feel like there's more to that story. Undoubtedly, he had a very disturbed childhood. Not making excuses AT ALL. Just always curious about what leads a person down this sort of path.
Usually a fascination with the combination of sex and violence during puberty brought on by physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse.

It is entirely possible for a person to not recall anything, for hours, in a blackout. In fact, alcoholics, and other heavy drinkers, often have blackouts, where they do not recall entire evenings, things they did, things they said. The argument that there is a 'conscience' during an alcohol induced blackout would make for good discussion. A person in a blackout simply doesn't know what they are doing, or saying, and doesn't recall any of it, they are unaware of their actions.

So it is quite possible a person could commit murder, and not remember it. In fact, a lifer did just that. He murdered his wife, wound up in prison that very night, upon coming out of the blackout asked to call her, and was told he had murdered her. It was the first he was made aware of his killing his own wife. He did not recall any of it. These are things learned when involved in the field, and carrying a message of hope and recovery as a part of a prison and institution commitment :)

"Blacking out does not mean that a person becomes unconscious, like falling asleep. Instead, people often continue to interact with others, engage in routine or potentially dangerous behaviors, and even continue to drink. People who blackout may drive themselves home, engage in a sexual encounter, destroy property, spend too much money, or choose other risky behaviors.

People who are blackout drunk are more likely to physically injure themselves. They have also been known to walk home, brush their teeth, eat meals, or go through other normal behaviors. They do not remember these behaviors because their brain does not move those experiences into memory. Once the person begins to sober up, the brain will begin to process memories normally again."

Blackout Drinking: Impaired Judgement, Memory Loss, and Other Harmful Effects
What the offender did in both the nine-year-old child attack and the Delphi case especially was sadistic. Alcohol may be involved but this person is well in control of each facet of their behavior in these two cases in my opinion. The police report will be released and will document any signs of alcohol.

It does seem like the marriage was "brief" but, did you find a divorce record with an actual date? I've found the marriage license & some other info that seems to imply a separation (maybe more than once) but haven't found a date for a divorce. ...and of course I wouldn't sleuth a party I wasn't supposed to sleuth to look for more info on their SM accounts. (I would guess that doing so would likely only lead to more confusing info anyway. :) )

The record of divorce would have to be recorded in the same county/state of the marriage license was applied for, wouldn't it? Maybe the other person died (accidentally or otherwise), in which case there would be no record of divorce.

*OR, maybe still married to that person but the parties never went back to court for the final decree to be issued.

In any case, this guy doesn't seem to be able to sustain any sort of relationship.

JMO

From the article:

And

I wondered if his mom had been dating JBC Sr while she was pregnant and decided to name her baby - whom she expected to raise with JBC Sr, even though he had a different bio dad - after him as a way to kind of cement their "family bond." Clearly it didn't work out so well, but she was also 15/16 at the time.

Is he just in the county jail? Do we know when his arraignment is? Some of these jails are small so there may not be many options until he goes to prison.

Having been a Booking/Classification lieutenant, I can tell you that their housing will be with an arrestee with 'like' charges. IOW, you would not put someone having been arrested with having outstanding traffic tickets with someone charged with what Chadwell is charged with. That should hold true even if you have to shuffle some to other cells to make room for a new arrestee. Happens every day.

ris
As far as I know they don't usually send them to Prison until they have been tried and convicted and if their sentence is longer than 1 year. They'll spend time at a county jail say rather than a state prison. Not sure if that is the same in every state.

True. You cannot house unsentenced inmates with sentenced inmates (in my state). Any sentence over 12 to 18 months will go to a regional facility for induction into the Department of Corrections.

JMO

Yes, first he is, walking through the, jail unshackled, not even cuffed, now he has a cell mate?
RL shackled 4 ways, in orange jumpsuit for driving while suspended.

I think LE may have wanted someone to observe the way he walks, IMO. He also might have had a 'shock device' on.

*O/T - posted way more than I have posted in a long time. Going back to lurk mode!

Having been a Booking/Classification lieutenant, I can tell you that their housing will be with an arrestee with 'like' charges. IOW, you would not put someone having been arrested with having outstanding traffic tickets with someone charged with what Chadwell is charged with. That should hold true even if you have to shuffle some to other cells to make room for a new arrestee. Happens every day.

if I recall correctly, the other inmate that JBC 2 was housed with had been charged with having nude images of his 17 year old girlfriend on his cellphone, so that would be considered child *advertiser censored* and a child sex crime.

From the article:

And

I agree and this has bothered me too. What did she call him that first year? Did he have a name before she changed his name? How does that work? I thought to legally change a name you had to do it through court, etc, is this the case here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong