TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a list of Government requests to Snapchat up to January 2020 (should be more up to date reports online)
Snap Inc.

United States Criminal Legal Requests
Requests for User Information pursuant to U.S. legal process.
Category Requests Account Identifiers Percentage of requests where some data was produced
Total 16,931 27,193 80%
Subpoena 3,702 7,009 79%
PRTT 149 265 92%
Court Order 305 464 86%
Search Warrant 11,033 17,094 81%
EDR 1,552 1,924 67%
Wiretap Order 26 59 88%
Summons 164 378 88%

Snapchat the fastest to delete but they must be served with an almost immediate request to preserve it..or it's gone.

A preservation is a snapshot in time of a user’s data, including basic subscriber information, metadata (usage logs) and content (Chats, Snaps, Stories, and Memories). As referenced earlier, Snap retains different types of user data for different periods of time. It is likely that law enforcement would want Snap to make a preservation as soon as possible after an alleged incident for which it seeks evidence. We honor formal requests from law enforcement to preserve information in accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 2703(f). Upon receiving a signed and dated preservation request on law enforcement department letterhead, we will attempt to preserve available Snapchat account records associated with any properly identified Snapchat user(s) (see Section IV “Identifying a Snapchat Account” above) in an offline file for up to 90 days, and will extend the preservation for one additional 90-day period with a formal extension request. If you require an extension, submit a formal signed and dated preservation extension
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

It's down to how quickly they got the preservation request in... maybe not quickly enough because his phone went home before LE examined it..
Could be a thing that they left it too late and they are simply unattainable.

Could also be a thing that the last Snapchat was a thing of no consequence.. maybe a notification about a subscription or something like that? Something anonymous, a mass posting.
This because nobody ever came forward.

I know that in late January (IIRC) LE stated they were still waiting on some info from social media and tech companies.

Also, I don't believe the car was "staged". It is possible Jason was forced off the road but... why?? To make him shed his clothes and belongings then kidnap and possibly harm him elsewhere? I guess stranger things have happened. That being said, I have to admit there is something that feels off about this case... maybe it's simply the fact he has not been found.

Dead Horse: XX
Me: Beats it anyway

I’m not saying the accident couldn’t have been staged, although that’s not my personal theory. But what doesn’t make sense, why stage the accident that way? Drive it into water - easy, rig it to drive head on into a tree or post - not as easy but doable. Somehow drift the car in the exact such a way as to slide off the road, into a fence backwards and sideways, with minimal damage to the vehicle? Never going to buy that part. Just MO of course.
Or leave it in town and take a bus elsewhere.
Wearing a wig.

Dead Horse: XX
Me: Beats it anyway

I’m not saying the accident couldn’t have been staged, although that’s not my personal theory. But what doesn’t make sense, why stage the accident that way? Drive it into water - easy, rig it to drive head on into a tree or post - not as easy but doable. Somehow drift the car in the exact such a way as to slide off the road, into a fence backwards and sideways, with minimal damage to the vehicle? Never going to buy that part. Just MO of course.

I’m on your bus too, Limecat.

I understand why some sleuthers turn to theories of foul play / other actors given the sheer strangeness of this case. But that is not my personal theory, as I just don’t see any compelling evidence for why the scene looks like it does if there are other parties involved.

It's the same questions that keep running this hamster wheel...
BUT, it is a fact that the scene was not preserved.Or even examined in minute detail for quite some time.

It is likely, to me, that the car spun and crashed for that reason.
What is unknown is the exact time this crash occurred.

I can easily see jason being in bad shock, but remembering to gather his most valued possessions, including his pet fish and heading back in the way he had come, because at least he knew that route led somewhere, even though it was quite a way.

I can easily see him starting to feel weak and spike a temperature, either due to a head injury sustained in the crash or just organically.

I can see him setting down his backpack and taking off his cap, because of feeling hot and tired and weak.
I can see him walking a bit further and the heat and possibly pain becoming intense. So he stripped , taking care to place his watch and fish down carefully.

What may have happened next is that someone else driving fast on that road simply hit him and killed him and took his body away.

Otherwise, notwithstanding the danger of animal attack, think he would have been found by now, most likely, bearing in mind the high quality of the tracking equipment available to both teams and their expertise.

That's all I got.
So, unless someone comes forward and admits they may have struck him, without new evidence, there is nowhere to go.

I'm with you right up to when he set down his watch and fish. I think he continued ambling along a while and succumbed and just hasn't been found. It's only been 6 months. IMO

But truth is sometimes stranger than fiction so who knows. All we can do is follow the facts.

I'm with you right up to when he set down his watch and fish. I think he continued ambling along a while and succumbed and just hasn't been found. It's only been 6 months. IMO

But truth is sometimes stranger than fiction so who knows. All we can do is follow the facts.
In a search of this nature though, longer isn't better, it's infinitely worse.

Family, investigators push for geofence warrant in Jason Landry case. So they are trying to get a warrant to see if there were any other cell phones around?? Which is great...but why now.

I haven't seen that particular interview with Kent before but it's very interesting:

Kent Landry added, "[the accident scene is] the middle of nowhere. In that hour window, it may very well be possible that there’s not another person in that box except Jason and whoever did whatever they did. Whoever else is involved in this case."

Sounds like he (they) believe someone else is involved with his disappearance. I like that they are asking for a geofence warrant, but like abanddb123 asks... why NOW? Better late than never, I suppose, but this far into the case? This is going a tad slow IMHO.

Family, investigators push for geofence warrant in Jason Landry case

Although this isn’t new info, it stood out when reading the article; terribly sad...

Kent Landry found his way to Salt Flat Road. He expected to see flashing police lights and his son. Instead, the road was dark and empty. "I saw deer, three different sets of deer ran by. Coyotes ran by and I didn’t see another car, another person."

The clothing Jason Landry had been wearing, his shoes, even his underwear, were scattered throughout the street. "I found [my son’s] fish. I found where the accident was and I’m the only one who took pictures or video of that." he said.

Kent Landry was able to locate his son’s vehicle at an impound lot. His cellphone was still in the car. No one was searching for him.

Kent Landry, an attorney, told FOX 7 Austin "As a lawyer I can tell you, normally you’re better safe than sorry. It’s better to have too much in evidence than not enough."

Family, investigators push for geofence warrant in Jason Landry case

Although this isn’t new info, it stood out when reading the article; terribly sad...

Kent Landry found his way to Salt Flat Road. He expected to see flashing police lights and his son. Instead, the road was dark and empty. "I saw deer, three different sets of deer ran by. Coyotes ran by and I didn’t see another car, another person."

The clothing Jason Landry had been wearing, his shoes, even his underwear, were scattered throughout the street. "I found [my son’s] fish. I found where the accident was and I’m the only one who took pictures or video of that." he said.

Kent Landry was able to locate his son’s vehicle at an impound lot. His cellphone was still in the car. No one was searching for him.

Kent Landry, an attorney, told FOX 7 Austin "As a lawyer I can tell you, normally you’re better safe than sorry. It’s better to have too much in evidence than not enough."
And now it's up to him to get his own geofence warrants as well, eh?

I would imagine geofacing is going to take much more time, warrants, etc. You are now talking multiple phone companies, wi-fi networks, etc. And what could be considered a massive invasion of privacy. I know it's been done, but I feel like there will be more hoops to jump through too! This family needs answers! MOO of course.

Search teams work through 300 acres in search for Texas State student

Note: This is not a new article.

I am curious what 300 acres specifically they ‘took a second look at’.

Search teams worked through 300 acres northeast of Luling Tuesday, much of it was filled with brush and mesquite trees. Despite the effort, shortly after noon, a field team leader declared the site was clean, and search coordinator Gene Robinson called everyone in.

"So I feel pretty confident, that again, we know where he is not ... No, we cant be 100% but we can say 60%, 70% possibility he is not here, " said Robinson.

Gene Robinson was bought in to help take a second look at the scene. He used video feeds from drones and special imagining technology to search for Landry.

"The locate software that we use, will detect colors and look for things that don't exist in nature, that sort of thing, and its very effective. We did have some targets that we identified as something that should be checked on, and we did send a team out there, and they ended up being man-made items but they were not related to the case," said Robinson.

Search teams work through 300 acres in search for Texas State student

Note: This is not a new article.

I am curious what 300 acres specifically they ‘took a second look at’.

Search teams worked through 300 acres northeast of Luling Tuesday, much of it was filled with brush and mesquite trees. Despite the effort, shortly after noon, a field team leader declared the site was clean, and search coordinator Gene Robinson called everyone in.

"So I feel pretty confident, that again, we know where he is not ... No, we cant be 100% but we can say 60%, 70% possibility he is not here, " said Robinson.

Gene Robinson was bought in to help take a second look at the scene. He used video feeds from drones and special imagining technology to search for Landry.

"The locate software that we use, will detect colors and look for things that don't exist in nature, that sort of thing, and its very effective. We did have some targets that we identified as something that should be checked on, and we did send a team out there, and they ended up being man-made items but they were not related to the case," said Robinson.
We know they had the first search initially. Then this one which I think was part of Texas Equusearch and then TEXSAR came back again. And yet, after all, that even though CCSO promised an update after the last search, we have nothing. No news from them whatsoever. And now we find the PI's volunteering their time asking for a geofence warrant. Will they get it? Will CCSO agree or can they go straight to the judge themselves? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975