Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just googled "Lori Vallow" and read the Wikipedia entry, I actually haven't done that before. Let me quote this bit for you - "Lori is a devoted mother, and resents assertions to the contrary." So there. Pass the bucket, please.

BBM. Presumably because she was too weak.

Then why would they leave her right then?
And was there any protection for her other than Alex?
And, iirc, Melanie was whisked off to Hawaii as well, correct?

I am just grasping at straws here.... but I really feel this was a family plan, and it put fodder in the family members forever.......

moo, moo, moo.

Then why would they leave her right then?
And was there any protection for her other than Alex?
And, iirc, Melanie was whisked off to Hawaii as well, correct?

I am just grasping at straws here.... but I really feel this was a family plan, and it put fodder in the family members forever.......

moo, moo, moo.
My speculation: She had been unwell for a while and the family didn't want to put their lives on hold indefinitely, so Alex was designated to care for her while they were away. She and Alex were the oldest two children and likely had a sibling bond. Back then you wouldn't think that she was put in danger by staying with him. I don't know who Melani was living with at that point, perhaps her father? She reconnected with her mother's family much later.

Scott Reisch's opinion: The Fremont County prosecutor should look at Tammy's autopsy results and either charge someone or move on. To Scott a grand jury hearing in that case isn't necessary. "A grand jury will do whatever it's told."

The above was mentioned about 17 minutes in:

Scott Reisch says that defense attorneys can be present (but can't ask any questions) at grand jury proceedings.

Scott's wrong.

(a) Who May be Present at Grand Jury Sessions. The grand jury may, at all reasonable times, request the presence and advice of the district judge; but, unless advice is asked, the district judge must not be present during any session of the grand jury after it has been impaneled. No other person may be permitted to be present during the sessions of the grand jury except:

(1) jurors of the grand jury;

(2) the prosecuting attorney of the county in which the grand jury is sitting, or a designated deputy or specially appointed deputy;

(3) a witness physically present before the grand jury and under questioning;

(4) a supporting person for a child witness requested by the prosecuting attorney as authorized by Idaho Code § 19-3023;

(5) the person designated by the district judge or the presiding juror to report the proceedings; and

(6) an interpreter designated by the district judge or presiding juror and sworn to correctly interpret the proceedings and sworn to secrecy.

I.C.R. 6.3. Secrecy and Confidentiality of Grand Jury Proceedings | Supreme Court

Scott Reisch's opinion: The Fremont County prosecutor should look at Tammy's autopsy results and either charge someone or move on. To Scott a grand jury hearing in that case isn't necessary. "A grand jury will do whatever it's told."

The above was mentioned about 17 minutes in:
They want back up - don’t want the full burden of the responsibility of charging murder. MOO

Scott's wrong.

(a) Who May be Present at Grand Jury Sessions. The grand jury may, at all reasonable times, request the presence and advice of the district judge; but, unless advice is asked, the district judge must not be present during any session of the grand jury after it has been impaneled. No other person may be permitted to be present during the sessions of the grand jury except:

(2) the prosecuting attorney of the county in which the grand jury is sitting, or a designated deputy or specially appointed deputy;

(4) a supporting person for a child witness requested by the prosecuting attorney as authorized by Idaho Code § 19-3023;

(5) the person designated by the district judge or the presiding juror to report the proceedings; and

(6) an interpreter designated by the district judge or presiding juror and sworn to correctly interpret the proceedings and sworn to secrecy.

I.C.R. 6.3. Secrecy and Confidentiality of Grand Jury Proceedings | Supreme Court
Scott claims to have been present at several grand juries. He is from Colorado, so laws are probably different there.

Scott claims to have been present at several grand juries. He is from Colorado, so laws are probably different there.
Again, even in Colorado, unless the defendant is called as a witness at a Grand Jury proceeding, no other counsel is permitted to attend.

Rule 6.2 - Secrecy of Proceedings-Witness Privacy-Representation by Counsel
(a) All persons associated with a grand jury and its investigations or functions should at all times be aware that a grand jury is an investigative body, the proceedings of which shall be secret. Witnesses or persons under investigation should be dealt with privately to insure fairness. The oath of secrecy shall continue until such time as an indictment is made public, if an indictment is returned, or until a grand jury report dealing with the investigation is issued and made public as provided by law. Nothing in this rule shall prevent a disclosure of the general purpose of the grand jury's investigation by the prosecutor.
(b) Any witness subpoenaed to appear and testify before a grand jury or to produce books, papers, documents, or other objects before such grand jury shall be entitled to assistance of counsel during any time that such witness is being questioned in the presence of said grand jury. If the witness desires legal assistance during his testimony, counsel must be present in the grand jury room with his client during such questioning. However, counsel for the witness shall be permitted only to counsel with the witness and shall not make objections, arguments, or address the grand jury. Such counsel may be retained by the witness or may, for any person financially unable to obtain adequate assistance, be appointed in the same manner as if that person were eligible for appointed counsel. An attorney present in the grand jury room shall take an oath of secrecy. If the court, at an in camera hearing, determines that counsel was disruptive, then the court may order counsel to remain outside the courtroom when advising his client. No attorney shall be permitted to provide counsel in the grand jury room to more than one witness in the same criminal investigation, except with the permission of the grand jury.

Rule 6.2 - Secrecy of Proceedings-Witness Privacy-Representation by Counsel, Colo. R. Crim. P. 6.2 | Casetext Search + Citator

agree - Tylee was not her beloved child, Tylee was her weapon and any repercussions for Tylee from Lori’s behaviour were simply collateral damage as far as Lori was concerned
moo

Both her children had the audacity to be imperfect, by her standards. It must have driven her crazy.

Well, something did, if not that.

Scott's wrong.

He said defense counsel is not allowed at the federal level. He has participated in several at the state level. 5:57 minutes in

I'm confused a bit after that part where he says you can be there but not say anything and I think I understand you can be excused if you have a question. Not sure

Again, even in Colorado, unless the defendant is called as a witness at a Grand Jury proceeding, no other counsel is permitted to attend.

Rule 6.2 - Secrecy of Proceedings-Witness Privacy-Representation by Counsel
(a) All persons associated with a grand jury and its investigations or functions should at all times be aware that a grand jury is an investigative body, the proceedings of which shall be secret. Witnesses or persons under investigation should be dealt with privately to insure fairness. The oath of secrecy shall continue until such time as an indictment is made public, if an indictment is returned, or until a grand jury report dealing with the investigation is issued and made public as provided by law. Nothing in this rule shall prevent a disclosure of the general purpose of the grand jury's investigation by the prosecutor.
(b) Any witness subpoenaed to appear and testify before a grand jury or to produce books, papers, documents, or other objects before such grand jury shall be entitled to assistance of counsel during any time that such witness is being questioned in the presence of said grand jury. If the witness desires legal assistance during his testimony, counsel must be present in the grand jury room with his client during such questioning. However, counsel for the witness shall be permitted only to counsel with the witness and shall not make objections, arguments, or address the grand jury. Such counsel may be retained by the witness or may, for any person financially unable to obtain adequate assistance, be appointed in the same manner as if that person were eligible for appointed counsel. An attorney present in the grand jury room shall take an oath of secrecy. If the court, at an in camera hearing, determines that counsel was disruptive, then the court may order counsel to remain outside the courtroom when advising his client. No attorney shall be permitted to provide counsel in the grand jury room to more than one witness in the same criminal investigation, except with the permission of the grand jury.

Rule 6.2 - Secrecy of Proceedings-Witness Privacy-Representation by Counsel, Colo. R. Crim. P. 6.2 | Casetext Search + Citator
BBM. That must be it, thanks.

He said defense counsel is not allowed at the federal level. He has participated in several at the state level. 5:57 minutes in

I'm confused a bit after that part where he says you can be there but not say anything and I think I understand you can be excused if you have a question. Not sure

Per the Idaho Rules I posted, no attorneys are allowed other than the Prosecuting Attorney. It doesn't matter what happens in federal cases or in any other state. LVD and CD are being investigated by Idaho.

Both her children had the audacity to be imperfect, by her standards. It must have driven her crazy.

Well, something did, if not that.
There's still Colby. We haven't heard of her treating him badly. IMO it's not about being perfect or imperfect. She'd consider someone perfect her competition. Tylee and JJ were in the way. Chad wasn't interested in playing a step-father.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member