Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If investigators indeed found blood evidence in the home, why would it have taken a year to arrest him with a charge of 1st degree murder? Wouldn’t that be the most damning piece of evidence against him?
They might have found the blood evidence; however, that doesn't prove who the murderer was. The police had to follow leads and evidence to determine the identity of her killer. All roads led back to Barry.

JMO.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/Order re Public Release of Arrest Affidavit.pdf

7 more days

oops-I clicked on the new third posting in there, but it linked to the old doc. Now the third is gone. Wonder what’s up. Nothing new-false alarm!

not gonna lie, this caught my attention before I read the rest of what you said. Is is free to search for his case? If so, can you link me to it, please? Upon trying to search (on my phone) I clicked two different websites that kept freezing and telling me I had to pay to get any info. Not sure if this is correct or I was looking in the wrong place

Just to be clear....no one here has proposed that this was a mercy killing.
A poster only proposed the possibility that Barry may have told that absurd lie to the daughters.
It's not a theory that he killed her out of love, or mercy or whatever. It is a theory that Barry may have said such to his girls.

Seems this is growing legs.

Last night even, a new poster called me "..are you that stupid?" without reading the previous post about that possibility and to which I was responding.
Ticked me off...

<modsnip>

I saw that response.

I've been impressed with your theories on this case. Of the lies that Barry could have told his daughter, I think "mercy killing" is on the list but "ran off with boyfriend" is also on the list. He could have stuck with "mountain lion" though (and pretended to go off with GD and find said lion, to no avail).

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

I think that he mentioned the "meth heads" after JP spoke about the condition of the hotel room and mail being found in the trash that belonged to Barry. IIRC, he even mentioned that it may have been Barry's attempt at a setup.

I believe that JP has criminal convictions. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Barry had the idea of setting someone up to take the fall.

I could be wrong about my recollection of when and under what circumstances Barry called his workers a bunch of meth heads.

JMO.

RSBM
Barry had the bobcat in Broomfield, IMO. This picture is from Lauren’s video of the job.
The only way those scuff marks are etched in the stone block is from the bobcat bucket scraping the front while removing the capstones. Barry removed the cap stones with the bobcat, otherwise you would need to manually remove each capstone with a crow bar. Now that would have been an all day job...
Can you please do a markup and circle the scratches I can’t find those marks on the stone blocks

Whoa, great catch Murphy. I remember seeing the pictures in Lauren’s video but don’t know a whole lot about construction and how all the various equipment works/used for.
So ole Barry may have had his beloved big cat bob:rolleyes: with him in Broomfield after all. But didn’t leave it there for MG and JP to finish the wall repair job???
Per MG, paraphrased:
“We didn’t have the proper tools or equipment to be able to do/finish the job”..

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzannne

I thought Lauren's video was from a much later time, after the wall had been repaired by someone else.

What's the date on that picture?

not gonna lie, this caught my attention before I read the rest of what you said. Is is free to search for his case? If so, can you link me to it, please? Upon trying to search (on my phone) I clicked two different websites that kept freezing and telling me I had to pay to get any info. Not sure if this is correct or I was looking in the wrong place

This is the place where the docs will be:

Colorado Judicial Branch

I actually think that he committed the crime himself; hence, his arrest and the first degree charge.

I think that he mentioned the "meth heads" after JP spoke about the condition of the hotel room and mail being found in the trash that belonged to Barry. IIRC, he even mentioned that it may have been Barry's attempt at a setup.

I believe that JP has criminal convictions. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Barry had the idea of setting someone up to take the fall.

I could be wrong about my recollection of when and under what circumstances Barry called his workers a bunch of meth heads.

JMO.
I believe if you put a hit on someone I believe it still qualifies for first degree murder at least here in CA the person who actually performed hit could already be in jail for something else and confessed.

I’m not saying this happened but could be another possibility.

I believe if you put a hit on someone I believe it’s still qualifies for first degree murder at least here in CA the person who actually performed hit could already be in jail for something else and confessed.

I’m not saying this happened but could be another possibility.
I was also taking into consideration that the Sheriff stated that they didn't expect any additional arrests (at this time). I think that, if they had evidence of a hit, there would be definite arrests on the horizon.

I could be wrong, though! ;)

JMO.

I thought Lauren's video was from a much later time, after the wall had been repaired by someone else.

Lauren’s video did come out later, but iirc Lauren said the pictures were taken by Barry’s workers at the work site. I don’t know the date “on the picture”, but the wall in that picture certainly doesn’t look repaired to me.
If that’s what the wall looked like after someone else repaired it which I believe Lauren said the other Company repaired it in late May, 2020, even my untrained construction eye, can see that they didn’t do a very good job of it.
IMO, unlikely the City/General Contractor would have hired someone worse than Barry’s Company to re-repair the “botched” re-repair of a wall initially worked on/not done right by Barry’s crew back in October, 2019.. That video LS did of her research on the Broomfield wall re-do job was very informative. What really stood out to me was Lauren discovered that there wasn’t a lot of transparency around it, said she couldn’t find BM’s name on any of the paperwork associated with the job, nor any permits pulled by Barry. Interesting, but since we’re talking about liar BM here, really not surprised to hear it.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Can you please do a markup and circle the scratches I can’t find those marks on the stone blocks

Hope this helps....best I can offer. The scrapes on the block are pretty obvious IMO.

upload_2021-5-12_15-38-58.png

I was also taking into consideration that the Sheriff stated that they didn't expect any additional arrests (at this time). I think that, if they had evidence of a hit, there would be definite arrests on the horizon.

I could be wrong, though! ;)

JMO.
Unless the person was already incarcerated for something else and talked. You just never know. I hope the AA is unsealed tomorrow

One of my biggest issues with him. He just says things all.the.time., but IMO, has no accountability to those statements. My unpopular opinion.
You’re right, CM has no one to be accountable to. We’ve all been starved for info on this case. I need to take what CM says with a more of a “wait and see” attitude. I trust CMs bkgrd as a detective, but I think he gets a little carried away, ego issues & that can be concerning. All MOO very much Appreciate your point of view as always.

Whoa, great catch Murphy. I remember seeing the pictures in Lauren’s video but don’t know a whole lot about construction and how all the various equipment works/used for.
So ole Barry may have had his beloved big cat bob:rolleyes: with him in Broomfield after all. But didn’t leave it there for MG and JP to finish the wall repair job???
Per MG, paraphrased:
“We didn’t have the proper tools or equipment to be able to do/finish the job”..

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzannne

Perhaps it wasn't HIS Bobcat. I think Barry's Bobcat was in his driveway, resting quietly even as LE locked up the property that very first night. JMO But I think he may have borrowed more than an attachment, I think he may have borrowed the whole beast. (Which he could have later returned, just without detection. )

I think he may have been serious about getting the wall done, May 11th and days following, but he didn't expect the evening of May 10th to unfold as it did. I think he intended to return on the 11th with his Bobcat to Broomfield....and probably place his order for stock brick on the way ...

If BM headed straight to Broomfield that Sunday morning, was he pulling a trailer? What was on it? If BM returned from Broomfield with a trailer, what was on it?

Was he alone?

Who had keys?

Just my opinions, questions and conjectures

Last edited:
I would imagine the ring has be looked for at Pawn shops from Salida to Indiana, IMO it may have been found in a place it should not have been.
Diamonds can be mapped, as in it's unique imperfections detailed on paper so as to identify it. If it was insured, he could claim an insurance payout. Hers was a wedding band set, it may be inscribed. GIA Certified diamonds come with an identification number lasered into the girdle of the diamond. If Barry thought it out, and you know he did, he would have sold Suzanne's wedding set to someone who can keep a secret. Like selling a Range Rover to a friend. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member