GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I also think he didn't take rejection well, got angry and hurt her. JMO

Possible.

On the other hand, consider the mindset of these kids. Being popular on social media and ‘going viral’ appears to be more important than physical relations or having a boyfriend/girlfriend/other partner relationship.

Would they literally kill to be popular?

Sorry, OT @JaxFlaGal Did you hear that the NY Times Square shooter was just apprehended in Starke? He was trying to fill up with gas and many stations are out. Man wanted in Times Square shooting that wounded child, 2 others arrested in Starke
Yes, I saw that and looked to see if there was a Websleuths post on that shooting already that I could add the article to (didn't find one). It was particularly ironic to me because most of FL does not get its fuel from that pipeline, but we sure know how to panic buy! ;) I'm glad something good came out of temporary fuel craziness. :) (OT and MOO)

JMO these kids all hang out in those woods when they don't want parental supervision. We had a creek and some woods when I was that age where we built forts; Caylee A. was found in a similar place where the older kids to young teens hang out.

I think TB went willingly with AF down the street into the woods IMO. Had both been there before with others or together?

I fear it’s more sinister than being rejected.

As I try to get a feel for this kid I wonder if he did do it to be tough and people to notice him. I’m wondering if he thought he wouldn’t get caught. I also think it was planned.

Interesting that he got teary during his court appearance. It’s almost that it was the first time he realized the severity of what he was facing.

SMH.

And he thought it was something to laugh about when he was in the police car? That message was for others to laugh at too. This is really disturbing.
UGH, that was highly disturbing. His creepy smirk, with the tagline' anyone seen Tristyn Bailey lately?' after he had stabbed her repeatedly hours earlier.....I'd say try him as an adult and throw away the key...

(Sorry, I always seem to mess up the quoting. The above is message #102 from KatyDid and a previous poster)

This reminds me of the way the convicted murderer of the little Scottish girl, Alesha MacPhail, acted before his arrest and then during trial. Very disturbing texts to friends and acquaintances, sometimes very immature with seemingly no grasp that murder actually has consequences for the perpetrator and then at other times laughing up his sleeve at the police and the time it took them to suspect and then arrest him.

Last edited:
Neither parent should feel guilty for this horrific tragedy. You can’t have your child live like a prisoner, kids sneak out and do dumb stuff.

This was not just something dumb though, he killed another kid and he will have to be punished for that. But are his parents at fault? If this kid has never been violent, if they had absolutely no reason to believe he would be a danger to others, then is it really their fault? To me, this is Aiden’s fault.

This reminds me of the way the convicted murderer of the little Scottish girl, Alesha MacPhail, acted before his arrest and then during trial. Very disturbing texts to friends and acquaintances, sometimes very immature with seemingly no grasp that murder actually has consequences for the perpetrator, and then at other times laughing up his sleeve at the police and the time it took them to suspect and then arrest him.
Good comparison. I was getting the Martha Moxley entitlement vibe until I learned more about AF's background and situation.

I fear it’s more sinister than being rejected.

As I try to get a feel for this kid I wonder if he did do it to be tough and people to notice him. I’m wondering if he thought he wouldn’t get caught. I also think it was planned.

Interesting that he got teary during his court appearance. It’s almost that it was the first time he realized the severity of what he was facing.

SMH.

There are so many possibilities: he could be a sociopath who wanted to see what it felt like to kill somebody: he could have reacted to rejection--it is hard to know since we have so little information about him at this time. He could have been jealous because she was popular and he isn't ( I am assuming he isn't popular but we shall see )--- Whatever the reason, what he did is beyond horrific.

And he thought it was something to laugh about when he was in the police car? That message was for others to laugh at too. This is really disturbing.
UGH, that was highly disturbing. His creepy smirk, with the tagline' anyone seen Tristyn Bailey lately?' after he had stabbed her repeatedly hours earlier.....I'd say try him as an adult and throw away the key...

(Sorry, I always seem to mess up the quoting. The above is message #102 from KatyDid and a previous poster)

For anyone to think that they could get away with the ‘know nothing’ defense in this age of electronic surveillance everywhere and sophisticated DNA testing is just extremely naive.

The first thing law enforcement will do is track all phones in the area at the time of interest. Then there are all of the security cameras everywhere. The fact that he was seen walking with the victim at times of interest is probable cause for a search warrant. Then the DNA testing starts.

Plus lots of additional evidence that we do not know yet.

For anyone to think that they could get away with the ‘know nothing’ defense in this age of electronic surveillance everywhere and sophisticated DNA testing is just extremely naive.

The first thing law enforcement will do is track all phones in the area at the time of interest. Then there are all of the security cameras everywhere. The fact that he was seen walking with the victim at times of interest is probable cause for a search warrant. Then the DNA testing starts.

Plus lots of additional evidence that we do not know yet.

Think of all the crimes that are solved know just based on technology: it is really amazing. It is also mind blowing that so many perps seem to have no idea they are on camera--- and that their cell phones give info as to where they are located

Think of all the crimes that are solved know just based on technology: it is really amazing. It is also mind blowing that so many perps seem to have no idea they are on camera--- and that their cell phones give info as to where they are located

Too busy doing crimes/etc to watch crime tv or read crime news. Haha. Thank goodness.

I agree with the kitchen knife, but we have pocket knives, bigger folded knives, and the straight knives that come in a sheath that clip onto their waistband.

More than once I have needed to cut something and one of the kids puts their knife in front of me. They always have at least one knife on them.

Regardless of my experience though, I know police will know his intent.

I carried a knife as a teenager. Probably not at 13. Definitely by 15. I used it for work as a stock boy. Mostly though, I carried it because it made me feel cool and manly at a certain age. Fortunately, I never had to use it to defend myself.

>> My PARENTS << would freak if I got a knife that was too dangerous or evil looking!

I don’t think having the knife implies premeditation. Kids carry knives all the time. My hubby got each kid their own knife at 12-13.
Having the knife doesn't necessarily imply premeditation, but the fact that she suffered multiple stab wounds may. I've seen cases where the prosecution successfully argued that the suspect had an opportunity to reconsider between each blow, which can demonstrate intent to kill for the subsequent blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans