DarkSide pipeline disruptors

I am very surprised there isn't more of a discussion on this. I live in NC and all the gas stations are lined up out to the street and some are out of gas completely. One of the gas stations I went to ran out after I waited in a 40 minute line and I was on E (the person in front of me in line was the last to get gas). My sister went to four different gas station lines before she was able to get gas with each line being a minimum of a 35 minute wait.

I am very surprised there isn't more of a discussion on this. I live in NC and all the gas stations are lined up out to the street and some are out of gas completely. One of the gas stations I went to ran out after I waited in a 40 minute line and I was on E (the person in front of me in line was the last to get gas). My sister went to four different gas station lines before she was able to get gas with each line being a minimum of a 35 minute wait.
I'm in Virginia, lines and many out of gas, more as the day progresses. My local gas station said, they were lucky to get gas yesterday and when the supplier is out...that's it.

Governor declared an emergency but didn't say one word about how he planned to get gas. The truckers are now able to drive more hours, but it would take an army of trucks to bring enough gas to the southern states.

Suppose to leave Sunday for vacation. I live in NC. Gas stations out of gas here, long, long lines. I'm very worried. going to Florida.

Suppose to leave Sunday for vacation. I live in NC. Gas stations out of gas here, long, long lines. I'm very worried. going to Florida.

A friend lives on the East Coast in FL and she's having trouble finding fuel.

I hear people are using gas apps in order to find gas. Also, the app Wayz also provides the option when traveling.

Another friend suggested using Pilot and Loves since they serve our truckers.

Our Gov asked us not to panic buy bc we have three other companies so we can get fuel.

I hear people are using gas apps in order to find gas. Also, the app Wayz also provides the option when traveling.

Our Gov asked us not to panic buy bc we have three other companies so we can get fuel.

The Colonial pipeline is the only source for the western half of Virginia. Eastern and northern VA have access to a pipeline from PA.

My town is 80% out of gas and some smaller towns are 100% out, in western VA. Wish our governor would speak up with a plan.

The Colonial pipeline is the only source for the western half of Virginia. Eastern and northern VA have access to a pipeline from PA.

My town is 80% out of gas and some smaller towns are 100% out, in western VA. Wish our governor would speak up with a plan.

I am sorry to learn this. How will people manage without gasoline in their vehicles so they can go to work?

My fam started a group text early yesterday morning suggesting everyone to fill their vehicles and so we did.

Why would hackers seeking monetary gain want to hurt our citizens in this way? It's an attack on the American way of life. War!

they have told us that our state will have gas but that it will cost a lot.
seems like a way to hurt the whole society as it struggles with the pandemic.
even if some individuals have gas and others do not, it will impact the cost of trucking
goods and raise prices for everyone. would think it benefits solar but not sure if some gas gets consumed generating electricity....

Wow, that's crazy that such a huge piece of infrastructure can be taken down by hackers. Kinda scary:eek:
Also in case anyone doesn't know, gas can go bad, so stockpiling it won't make you rich and it'll just cause more problems for everyone (remember the toilet paper shortage:confused:).
Really hope it gets working again soon and they can figure out a way to prevent it from happening again...

Well, that's just so great of them to say not to panic when people are trying to find gas so they can go to work. I don't think that is panic buying. I have only 1/4 of a tank.

Well, that's just so great of them to say not to panic when people are trying to find gas so they can go to work. I don't think that is panic buying. I have only 1/4 of a tank.

I had probably 1/20 of a tank when I finally managed to find some gas last night :eek:. I only got about 4-5 gallons to make sure there was some for others. Hopefully, this will resolve soon.

Governors of West Virginia and N Carolina declared a State of Emergency yesterday.

Today two other states, Florida and Georgia, have declared a State of Emergency.

Updated: May 12, 2021 1:39 p.m.
"The governors of Virginia, Florida and Georgia have all signed executive orders in their respective states in an attempt to prohibit price gauging of fuel prices and to prepare for possible shortages."

"Wow! Gas prices at this BP gas station off Williamsburg Rd in Richmond now up to $6.99. When we arrived about 20 minutes ago it was at $5.99."

"Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia has also declared an emergency, noting that he has suspended the gas tax in his state."
Three More States Declare a State of Emergency as Effects of Pipeline Attack Worsen

May 11, 2021
"North Carolina Declares State of Emergency as Residents Wait on Gas Lines for Hours"
North Carolina Declares State of Emergency as Residents Wait on Gas Lines for Hours

Well, the reason the gas lines started flowing again was because Colonial Pipeline paid a multi million dollar (almost 5m) ransom in cryptocurrency. After saying they wouldn't pay a ransom, they did.

Ain't that a kick in the seat

Hackers Got $5 Million: Colonial Pipeline Reportedly Paid A Ransom In Cryptocurrency, Contrary To Claims

"The pipeline company reportedly paid the $5 million in cryptocurrency soon after the cyberattack, but the tool the hackers gave the company to restore its computer network took too long to work."

"... the company was working with FireEye, a cybersecurity company, to recover its systems rather than pay the ransom, and the FBI does not recommend paying ransomware hackers...”

"In July 2020, U.S. travel company CWT paid hackers $4.5 million to try and recover corporate files and bring their computer systems back online. "

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back