GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall LM saying those things about CRJR. I don't remember GR being found on the sofa either. I have followed this case since the live coverage on the day the bodies were discovered, as this happened 2 counties from where I live. <modsnip> I guess what I am asking is if we are stating things as "We know xyz... ", are we sure that we know some of these things?

I remember LM saying that they had to go back in at least 2Xs to look for Chris Jr. and that he was found between the wall and the bed. MOO

I missed that. Was that in his guilty plea? I was figuring in about two hours for the murders, and then they'd have to go take care of cleaning up and dumping evidence, which, thankfully they didn't do as well as they thought, so that would make sense to start at that time, so they could factor in that extra clean up time. For some reason, I always saw them as just making it back home a few hours before LE knocked on their door, but I've always seen them as idiots who just barely managed to pull this off. I don't think JW is an idiot, the others, maybe, but he's the showman (jm2¢).

BBM, yes. There is a YouTube video of the 4/22/21 confession hearing which is about 2 hrs long, and AC starts her comments at around 1 hr, 40 mins into the video. She stated JW told where to find the three guns used, what vehicles were used, and said the murders started late at night on 4/21/16 and went into early morning hours of 4/22/16.

What's most important to me is the case has been solved based off JWs admission in court. Anything being discussed or speculated upon, now, only statisfies my curiosity as to the why and how? I'm not interested in the morbid gore.

I speculated on the body positions and whether the victims were awake, or awoken, based on interviews by LM and JMs wife at the time. Even though Scheider was speculating when he said they APPEARED to be killed in their sleep, it isnt important and has zero bearing on the final outcome in court.

So, I do apologize if I in any way took away from the conversation about the sound proofing of mobile homes. I will refrain from offering an opinion not based, in part, on facts.

MOO, JMO, Speculation.

I've been quietly checking in from time to time since the arrests but it's been a couple of months...imagine my surprise when I checked in this morning! Congratulations to all sleuths who stuck with it thick & thin. I have enjoyed following you over the years.

Everything - or most everything (all the horrible details) will come out soon enough but for now, the families and investigators finally have some closure. So many emotions. The families - especially the children, are forever scarred and every coming trial will continue to reopen those wounds but at least this part is almost over and justice has arrived. Wishing them all peace, love and light.

PS I didn't realize (former Sheriff) Charlie Reader had been sentenced either. That whole mess was disappointing (to say the least). What a long strange trip this has been.

I'm glad someone else remembered! I haven't found it yet. If it was a video, I may never find it now. I felt like they got CR1 coming our of his room and into the hallway. Just a feeling, since they shot him through and interior door, iirc, of what I think was probably his bedroom. They knew he'd be the most difficult so they, imo, just unloaded on him before he could get close to them, or get a shot off himself. I felt like GR was awakened from where he slept and held at gunpoint in the den. They killed him there with the larger caliber firearm and drug him out of view into the closest room, CR1's. If they did shoot him where he slept, they'd still likely have moved his body out of the den. I've always thought that just because the victims gave the impression of being asleep in their beds, it did not mean they were. If one is in tight quarters, no firearm within reaching distance, and babies in the home, my guess is, they'd cooperate and stay in bed, if only for the sake of their children. At the end of it all, only the victims and the Ws know for sure what happened that night.

I remember it, too. They couldn't find CRjr that first morning after the murders and it was reported, Live, I believe, on a local news channel, that some LE officers were even looking in the woods for him, nearby the home. Meanwhile, this brought about some small amount of speculation here on WS, that CRjr might be involved and had taken off. That was very short lived speculation because other LE officers, searching for him at the same time, found CRjr "in his room." Some time later, during a local interview, LM clarified the difficulties of finding CRjr and the location where CRjr was found.

Jmo

That's why I believe it was staged. JW wanted them to know it was him.

I always thought Dewine was speculating or overstating in his usual fashion, when he said they were asleep. I mean, how would he know?
I agree! I think Jake let them know it was him! I also believe little Chris was trying to hide or get away! Jake is so arrogant and a control freak not to let them know it was him!

But:
The timing was when they would be asleep. If they wanted them to know who it was they could have attacked them any time they were together.

The whole point of silencers and messing up cameras/etc is to sneak up on someone.

Awake or not... one shot to the head and they are not awake anymore. After that the other shots were meanness, overkill and rage/revenge related IMO.

It was a video, (iirc), later in the investigation, and LM was angry. He was mad that LE hadn't found more and spoke about them having to return inside three times to find his grandson. Idk if anyone else remembers that our not. I'd have to dig for it, but it's posted in this labyrinth somewhere. I fixed the GR error, it was not my intention to say he was found deceased on the couch. He was found deceased in the same room as CR1.
I also remember seeing the video on LM making that statement. That has stuck in my mind that he was awake and hiding. So sad.

Same. These were pretty old mobiles. I remember that it was said that MOST of the victims were murdered execution style, in their beds. That doesn't mean they didn't waken. There were kids in two households. Those parents would not make a move with a gun pointed at them for fear of their children's lives. Unfortunately, CR2 was old enough to know so they killed him, but the three year old probably either laid still or never wakened.
I lived in a mobile home and I could hear everything! Even the doors and windows opening were not quiet. My mobile home was newer then any of those shown in the pictures. Was it not said that Hanna R had breast fed the baby before she was murdered? I saw it somewhere or herd during GWIII hearing? I just have a feeling she knew Jake was going to kill her.

But:
The timing was when they would be asleep. If they wanted them to know who it was they could have attacked them any time they were together.

The whole point of silencers and messing up cameras/etc is to sneak up on someone.

Awake or not... one shot to the head and they are not awake anymore. After that the other shots were meanness, overkill and rage/revenge related IMO.

Exactly what I think. Does anyone really think a 2 bit coward like Jake would have the nerve to face anyone, even in bed? He went to great lengths to surveil them and sneak up on them in the dark, total dark when he had all the control. Jake was petrified of the Rhodens getting revenge on him. All the Wagners were.

According to Canepa in her closing statement at the Bond Hearing, The Wagners took out fake custody agreements in case they were killed because they knew what the Rhodens were capable of and that the Rhodens had firearms so if the Wagners were detected the Rhodens would fight back. The Wagner cult was afraid of meeting even one Rhoden head on and being on the far side of their gun or fists for that matter.

One reason for the overkill with Chris is they were scared to death of him, that he'd make a run for it and grab his gun. Took 2 or 3 of them to face Chris. Not one of them had the guts to face him alone. Gary was shot with larger caliber bullets we know at least Billy and George were there, Jake most likely also.

Note they started blasting at Chris from his porch, so scared they couldn't even wait to get in his house. Pathetic.

Someone on here said that someone delt with the dogs at the residences while others went in. This makes perfect sense. Takes 3 Wagners to go against one Rhoden.

...This is how I picture it...

Last edited:
Exactly what I think. Does anyone really think a 2 bit coward like Jake would have the nerve to face anyone, even in bed? He went to great lengths to surveil them and sneak up on them in the dark, total dark when he had all the control. Jake was petrified of the Rhodens getting revenge on him. All the Wagners were.

According to Canepa in her closing statement at the Bond Hearing, The Wagners took out fake custody agreements in case they were killed because they knew what the Rhodens were capable of and that the Rhodens had firearms so if the Wagners were detected the Rhodens would fight back. The Wagner cult was afraid of meeting even one Rhoden head on and being on the far side of their gun or fists for that matter.

One reason for the overkill with Chris is they were scared to death of him, that he'd make a run for it and grab his gun. Took 2 or 3 of them to face Chris. Not one of them had the guts to face him alone. Gary was shot with larger caliber bullets we know at least Billy and George were there, Jake most likely also.

Note they started blasting at Chris from his porch, so scared they couldn't even wait to get in his house. Pathetic.

Someone on here said that someone delt with the dogs at the residences while others went in. This makes perfect sense. Takes 3 Wagners to go against one Rhoden.

...This is how I picture it...

Where did you read that they started shooting at CRsr from the porch?

BBM, yes. There is a YouTube video of the 4/22/21 confession hearing which is about 2 hrs long, and AC starts her comments at around 1 hr, 40 mins into the video. She stated JW told where to find the three guns used, what vehicles were used, and said the murders started late at night on 4/21/16 and went into early morning hours of 4/22/16.

Thank you! I had to take a hiatus, and apparently missed the entire confession. I have tried to stay up to date but blew my mind when I read about the confession. I only saw the clips of it, I will go look. Much appreciated.

Well it's a very precarious situation the 3 Wagners have put themselves in, breaking out of jail as they wanted to do is not on their table anymore, they only have 2 choices at this point.

Go to trial and dispute Jake's testimony or plead guilty.

George will go to trial he will do everything he can to raise his son. Jake gave up on raising his child but not George.

I would be shocked if George pleads guilty especially since the DP is off the table.
But then again why go through a trial if the gun he used actually has his fingerprints?

I can think of one defense tactic for that - he used his gun to hunt, not to commit murder, thus of course his prints are all over it.

In fact - according to Scheiderer at George's bond hearing - BCI has a recording of him specifically saying that he bought a night scope to hunt raccoons. I think his attorney will use that if Jake tries to tie him to a murder weapon.

Canepa's closing argument at Bond Hearing

2:09:17
"He acknowledges buying the night scope which obviously would be very handy for that - for sneaking into people's residences in the middle of the night and killing them while they lay sleeping."

No links means opinions only

@Caylee Advocate thanks for your nice post the other day.

I feel differently about George. I don't believe he cares for his son anymore than Jake cares for SW, or BW and AW care for them. He didn't take part in this because he had to. He played his part, just like they all did. I see no force or coercing going on. If he really loved his son so much he wouldn't have done what he did to his child's mother. He would know that not having a loving mother in the child's life was a huge detriment. He definitely wouldn't have went along with his boy calling his mom "Mom". He wouldn't have played his part in the murders. He would have put his son first. Like any normal parent He never did. He put himself and "the family" first every day of is life. Him saying and writing a comment on Facebook that he loves his son means nothing. The actions are all that count. He is not the normal one in that group. None of them are normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer