Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my second Pfizer dose today! I feel totally fine so far. From what I've seen, most of the people that have gotten sick after their vaccine usually have similar reactions to the flu shot or other regular vaccines. I could prove myself wrong though haha.

I'm so unbelievably happy that I can go see my friends and travel! I was supposed to go to Thailand right as the pandemic hit so I had to cancel and I've barely been out of my county since then. I have so many trips I want to plan XD

If anyone is reluctant to get the vaccine because of side effects please remember that most vaccines have mild to moderate side effects because your immune system is doing its thing. Because this vaccine is new we're all talking about and noticing mild side effects we normally wouldn't. Also, keep in mind that your immune system likely hasn't been exposed to any viruses in almost a year so it's normal to have more of a reaction. If you're healthy and have had a variety of different vaccines in the past you will be fine with this one. I've had a lot of travel vaccines and I can confirm that this is absolutely nothing compared to the Typhoid vaccine (in my experience). Risking feeling icky for a few days is worth it for your long-term health and the health of those around you. Plus you can go do fun things like traveling and watching live events again!

I guess I’m an outlier. I never have a reaction to the flu vaccine, I had Covid and the monoclonal antibody infusion in late January/early February and still got a strong reaction to my first Pfizer shot this week. Mind you, I’m not complaining. Just saying that it can happen and that I agree with you that the possibility of a reaction shouldn’t put people off from getting the vaccine. Having Covid is a whole lot worse than most vaccine side effects IMO.

That’s what I told a casual acquaintance on zoom tonight who mentioned that she wasn’t going to get the vaccine because she’s very sensitive to medications and the flu shot. Quote: “I haven’t had a flu shot or the flu in years and I have a very strong immune system.” The fully vaccinated friend who was with her on zoom started telling her about how I caught it without ever going anywhere (my husband must have brought it home from a rare trip to the store) and was hospitalized for 6 days. So I launched into my experience, not so much to persuade her but to educate her as she seems a bit clueless. She has to make her own decision, of course, but I hope my experience gave her something to think about. Of course I really wanted to say “Honey, this isn’t about you having an uncomfortable reaction for a couple of days. This is for your protection, for the protection of your friends and workmates and for the whole community, so maaaaaybe we can see some form of normal again in my lifetime.” But I zipped it.

ETA: Hooray for your second shot. Hope it goes well. :)

Got my second Moderna injection Wed am. After about 6 hours I began to feel very tired & sleepy. Slept most of Thursday. Feeling some better in wee hours of Friday morning.

I have quite a large lump where the injection was. Maybe size of a ping pong ball. The skin surrounding the injection site is very warm and red. Maybe 3-4" circle. It itches inside my arm. Quite painful, too.

After Googling my weirdo symptoms I've found I'm experiencing "Covid Arm". Should he better in a few days.

I know my wonky Covid Arm is NOTHING compared to having the Coronavirus Covid19 itself. Nothing !

I feel so honored & grateful for the opportunity to have this vaccine.

Regarding my side effect: I plan to notify my health department thru an email & link they sent me after my injection. I'll wait until the redness , pain , itching & swelling are gone.

Got my second Moderna injection Wed am. After about 6 hours I began to feel very tired & sleepy. Slept most of Thursday. Feeling some better in wee hours of Friday morning.

I have quite a large lump where the injection was. Maybe size of a ping pong ball. The skin surrounding the injection site is very warm and red. Maybe 3-4" circle. It itches inside my arm. Quite painful, too.

After Googling my weirdo symptoms I've found I'm experiencing "Covid Arm". Should he better in a few days.

I know my wonky Covid Arm is NOTHING compared to having the Coronavirus Covid19 itself. Nothing !

Regarding my side effect: I plan to notify my health department thru an email & link they sent me after my injection. I'll wait until the redness , pain , itching & swelling are gone.

Your reaction is very similar to my daughter’s reaction to her second Pfizer injection. It lasted about a week for her, but like you, she was fine with it, considering the alternative. It’s honestly been a pretty emotional experience for us to be able to get the vaccine. At least there is a pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel.

Your reaction is very similar to my daughter’s reaction to her second Pfizer injection. It lasted about a week for her, but like you, she was fine with it, considering the alternative. It’s honestly been a pretty emotional experience for us to be able to get the vaccine. At least there is a pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel.
Lilibet, I totally agree.

It's 11am here and my sister is taking my parents out today for a day trip down to the coast. Their first "outing" in almost a year I think. I am so happy for them, I dont want them to lose another year from their precious lives. And today they will see the sea, yayyyyy!!!

Did you sign up for v-safe to get daily texts the first week, then weekly thereafter? That's another contribution to others I'm doing. After about a month, one of the weekly ones added just one or two questions.... had I gotten pregnant (guess they missed my age ha!). Still getting weekly ones (by text on smart phone), now down to three questions each week by text. Takes less than 10 seconds to answer.

You can sign up, it doesn't have to be as soon as you get the shot either.

V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker

Some intra-muscular injections are quite painful to some people, so getting the shot in hip or thigh might be preferable to ease discomfort. When I was getting B12 injections, I was given the option of having the shots in my hip instead of arm but didn't find the injection to be uncomfortable enough to warrant that. I had B12 injections for about a year until my levels were maintained. Since many people are getting their Covid vaccinations in crowded public settings, it isn't practical to have the shot in thigh or hip. IMO

I was so surprised that I barely felt either my first or second shot in my shoulder. And I hate needles.

This thread has been derailed with off topic posts.

If you wish to discuss side effects you experienced after vaccination, please make your post here.

If a post is not specifically related to "Would you / did you get it", it should be posted in the general discussion thread.

Please stay on topic in this thread.

Yes, I got it. And, I would get both again!!!!

As to my symptoms as to getting it and if I would do again....

This side effect of lump which was a pingpong ball didn't happen with COVID #1 or #2.. but I got a HUGE lump with my second Shingrex back in December.

Ha! That's why I did shout outs on threads to side sleepers as to NOT get in arm you sleep on months back. It was a LUMP!!!! A hard red lump with Shingrex second vaccine in 12/2020. Lasted.... ~ 2-3 days. I didn't get ANY sleep (well, exaggeration.. but not much) as there was no way I could sleep on that arm.

Isn't it WONDERFUL!!! to B*tch about such little stuff and share with each other!

All in this together... I would do it again but my first one.. I would get in another arm other than the one I go to sleep on over 90% of the time.

brings back memories of ... darn... can't remember... where all the artists gathered for a cause... was it Live Aid?

Last edited:
Did you sign up for v-safe to get daily texts the first week, then weekly thereafter? That's another contribution to others I'm doing. After about a month, one of the weekly ones added just one or two questions.... had I gotten pregnant (guess they missed my age ha!). Still getting weekly ones (by text on smart phone), now down to three questions each week by text. Takes less than 10 seconds to answer.

This seems to continue for 6 weeks (weekly after the first week) and last one I responded to said basically, "See you in 3 months." I do feel this is important for them to keep track of reactions and if any of us get CoVid after the vaccine.

My state site messages me every day to say yes or no if I have symptoms, checking on CoVid outbreaks. Simple process to answer these questions.

I will do that tomorrow. Thanks!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not in my community.

NO I will not get the vaccine. I do not believe that it has proven to be safe yet and want to see what happens to people who have taken it long-term.

I have no negative feelings for people who have had it since I believe that we each, individually, have to do what we think is best for us.

I got the second vaccination with AstraZeneca on Wednesday.
After the first jab, my right arm was painful for a few weeks, so this time I chose the left arm. Felt a sight pinch and that was it.
Today I was tired, but before the jab on Wednesday I was tired too, because I hadn't slept well. So we cannot blame this on AZ. :)

Turnout in my small town was high, 90 - 98% of those who had received an invitation from their GP came to get it, and almost everyone who had already got AstraZeneca for the first time came for the second round.
This is a fantastic result, because AZ does not have a very good reputiation, and the government and the press do little to correct that, in fact they are the main source of discontent. Still, people came in droves 'because they understand the importance of vaccination' one of the medics told the press.

On the positive side of the pandemic is the happy fact that restaurants now also deliver to adresses in my area and I decided to order online. On the menu I found 'Hugo's Vaccination Burger' (Hugo is the Health Secretary)
Hugo's Vaccination Burger comes with chili sauce in a huge syringe on top and you can inject your burger to your heart's desire....!! :eek::eek:

upload_2021-5-14_1-39-52.png

I decided against it :p

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not in my community.

NO I will not get the vaccine. I do not believe that it has proven to be safe yet and want to see what happens to people who have taken it long-term.

I have no negative feelings for people who have had it since I believe that we each, individually, have to do what we think is best for us.

@norest4thewicked If I may ask, which aspect of safety is your concern? The annual flu vaccine is *new* each year and rotates depending on the strains. For over 20 years, I have gotten the annual flu vaccine but none had been tested long term with a new antigen changed/added. I assume you don't get those, yet how long do you define as "long term"?

NOTE/DISCLAIMER: I also received the new to market Shingrex 2 doses last year.

@norest4thewicked If I may ask, which aspect of safety is your concern? The annual flu vaccine is *new* each year and rotates depending on the strains. For over 20 years, I have gotten the annual flu vaccine but none had been tested long term with a new antigen changed/added. I assume you don't get those, yet how long do you define as "long term"?

NOTE/DISCLAIMER: I also received the new to market Shingrex 2 doses last year.

I consider long-term at least a year.

I consider long-term at least a year.

@norest4thewicked - Thanks for the response.

Glad you are here to read differing opinions, and updates - and considering what your personal boundary is to make a decision, a sound time frame for some that are hesitant to see as to the vaccines effects.

The trials will soon, in the next few months be coming upon a year as to their results, and will continue for 2 years minimum. It's great that the entire world is sharing the negative effects to look for so that folks can make educated decisions. And considering the hundreds of millions that have gotten the vaccines to make their decisions on is an added plus to do statistics. I, myself, participate in the V-Safe program to help give information to pass it forward. MOO.

Curious - what difference does it make to get it in the thigh or shoulder?

I already had my shots and I really wouldn't want to lift my skirt in the big room full of people where I got my shots anyway. I guess people in warmer climates could wear shorts. It was cold when I got my shots.

I'm genuinely curious.

The nurse who administered the vaccine suggested that I'd likely have less site problems and less soreness due to flexing the thigh muscle with every step. She way correct. The soreness was minor and only lasted about two hours.

You're right, the thigh wouldn't be prescribed for a public setting, but was good in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500