GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps I remember that statement as well. Made my blood run cold. Seems to me they killed the men first. As cowards would they used the element of surprise to take care of anyone who posted a physical threat. If pressed my guess is the order went KR,CRS,GR,FR leaving just the women with children and a 16 year old boy. Again all in the name of self preservation. Thought they were smarter and badder than all the rest. Guess they were mistaken...

I agree with your theory on the order of their plan. They were mistaken alright... They are now just 4 people who will all serve 8 consecutive live terms with only their own deaths as a way to escape it. They have years to sit and think about all the moments they wasted planning the murders when they could have stopped the madness at any time but didn't.

I agree with your theory on the order of their plan. They were mistaken alright... They are now just 4 people who will all serve 8 consecutive live terms with only their own deaths as a way to escape it. They have years to sit and think about all the moments they wasted planning the murders when they could have stopped the madness at any time but didn't.
Absolutely! JW has just shown what 5 years incarcerated can do alone with none of your conspirators to lend a hand. That's alot of pressure. I don't but the apology bit. He's sorry. Sorry he was caught. JMO

It looks this way to me from the ballistics evidence. Why is there a bullet casing of theirs on the porch and a bullet under the house? They had no reason to shoot when they left the house so it would be as they were coming in on the porch.

Chris had flood lights that could have gone off, and surveillance mounted on a building outside that would have warned him.

So he opened the door and the Wagners were on the porch and fired at him.
This explains why he was shot in the torso and why there was so much blood "everywhere" in the living room when BJM walked in. Blood gushing from the torso fits BJM's description.

Casings could have fallen out of the brass catcher exiting the house.
How would a bullet be lodged in the dirt UNDER the floor shooting at someone in the house from the porch?
We do not know if his security lights came on. Maybe they were compromised. We do not know that he saw anyone coming. We don’t know where in the house he was or where they entered from when they came in.
We won’t know any of this unless the Ws tell it and could you believe them?

Yes, I agree. I am remembering now it was a door in the hallway that was shot through. CRSr was found by LE in a room down that hallway, IIRC. I remember thinking CRSr must have been trying to get to a gun even while he was being shot at.

I agree. The truth is that many of the older single wide mobile homes have cheap front metal doors. Seriously, not wood. A cheap metal with a hollow center or filled with some material.

Both old and new mobile homes have inner doors that are very flimsy. Sometimes cheap particle board, sometimes hollow on the inside with a wood veneer, some (seriously) a fake wood veneer on the outside and then white packing foam material on the inside.

I really think that it makes sense that Chris was shot through that rear bedroom door and not the front door.

So I like to look at the closest we have to facts currently known.

1.) BJM never stated front door was suspicious with a hole in it. Never said it was splintered in anyway.

2.) We know from description of autopsy that there were splinters on Chris.

3.) Chris and Gary were found in a back bedroom which means to me that Chris was shot at then he ran and closed the door to the back bedroom to protect himself.

4.) Since most mobile homes have inside doors that have at least a veneer of wood or otherwise cheap wood - they would break and splinter easily with a gunshot.

Casings could have fallen out of the brass catcher exiting the house.
How would a bullet be lodged in the dirt UNDER the floor shooting at someone in the house from the porch?
We do not know if his security lights came on. Maybe they were compromised. We do not know that he saw anyone coming. We don’t know where in the house he was or where they entered from when they came in.
We won’t know any of this unless the Ws tell it and could you believe them?

I think it makes more sense to shoot outside the house and a bullet goes through the skirting as opposed to going through the inside floor.

How could it go through the inside floor unless they were specifically aiming
for the floor? They were aiming forward not downward. If they missed Chris they would only hit the furniture or the wall etc...

Why would LM specifically say Chris had an invisible fence and 2 flood lights so bright you could see anyone in a vehicle coming up to the house and
security mounted on the outside building if the security wasn't working?

Those censor lights are crazy. You take a walk in your neighborhood and someone's
outside light goes off. They practically go off if a bat flies by.

A casing falling out of a brass catcher? In the one second it takes to walk over the front porch? Too much of a coincidence....2 Cents only

I think it makes more sense to shoot outside the house and a bullet goes through the skirting as opposed to going through the inside floor.

How could it go through the inside floor unless they were specifically aiming
for the floor? They were aiming forward not downward. If they missed Chris they would only hit the furniture or the wall etc...

Why would LM specifically say Chris had an invisible fence and 2 flood lights so bright you could see anyone in a vehicle coming up to the house and
security mounted on the outside building if the security wasn't working?

Those censor lights are crazy. You take a walk in your neighborhood and someone's
outside light goes off. They practically go off if a bat flies by.

A casing falling out of a brass catcher? In the one second it takes to walk over the front porch? Too much of a coincidence....2 Cents only

Apparently you were there or your explanation has no more credence than mine...

Dudly - If I was there that night things would be different... Very different....

And your opinion is as good as mine...let's get that straight....My opinions are no more better than anyone else's on here....I tend to speak my point of view often, as all of us can do on here.

I'm no different than anyone else.

I have alot of strong feelings about this case, it is hard after this much time to not have these strong almost overwhelmingly feelings.

It's almost like we need a support group or something. 5 years. I'm telling you, this case, what we've been through, is different from the normal stuff on Websleuths.

No one will understand this except for posters on here. Which is why I keep posting here even though I was going to stop. Nope. Posters on here understand. I appreciate it. In my real life, no, no one gets it.

Last edited:
I remember it exactly the same way you do. If memory serves the high school attended by CRJ was on lockdown briefly while his whereabouts were still unknown. Does anyone else remember that detail?

The only school I knew that was on lockdown that morning was Peebles, little Chris went to Piketon High School.

Snipped from this article: https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/adams-county/multiple-fatalities-confirmed-at-pike-county-home

"Even though it's about eight miles from the scene, Peebles High School was put on "lockout" as a precautionary measure. This status meant nobody was allowed in or out for about an hour, but school was still in session, officials there said."

I have been going through some of my old files and deleting what I can to free up some space. I am starting to find some of the early articles that are no longer online. Some of them are though, and this is a tearjerker. Kids truly are AMAZING.

Piketon classmate: Rhoden 'was a good kid'

Piketon classmate: Rhoden 'was a good kid'

Thanks for doing this... We are at a real weird point and this is what I want to see anyway - for what it's worth - something positive, something good...

Dudly - If I was there that night things would be different... Very different....

And your opinion is as good as mine...let's get that straight....My opinions are no more better than anyone else's on here....I tend to speak my point of view often, as all of us can do on here.

I'm no different than anyone else.

I have alot of strong feelings about this case, it is hard after this much time to not have these strong almost overwhelmingly feelings.

It's almost like we need a support group or something. 5 years. I'm telling you, this case, what we've been through, is different from the normal stuff on Websleuths.

No one will understand this except for posters on here. Which is why I keep posting here even though I was going to stop. Nope. Posters on here understand. I appreciate it. In my real life, no, no one gets it.

I have two strong shoulders that you can rent(lol) anytime you feel the need. They are here for the asking CC, and they have a lot of experience. My best advice is... take a break from this case for awhile. Then when you feel better, come on back and dive back in to discuss some new revelations *hopefully*.

Most of us have discussed this case for a long time. Right now we are rehashing theories and opinions over and over, and are on burn out. We need a spa day and shopping frenzy, and mine comes Saturday. :D

I have two strong shoulders that you can rent(lol) anytime you feel the need. They are here for the asking CC, and they have a lot of experience. My best advice is... take a break from this case for awhile. Then when you feel better, come on back and dive back in to discuss some new revelations *hopefully*.

Most of us have discussed this case for a long time. Right now we are rehashing theories and opinions over and over, and are on burn out. We need a spa day and shopping frenzy, and mine comes Saturday. :D

You are unique...stay that way.......Good advice, which you have always given me, including in our PM's...

Hopefully we will get some new news and we can all at that point get some idea of what's what.

We have 3 cases to go.

I cannot see any of them pleading. Why plea? DP is off the table!

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
I believe AW will plead. I don't think she could sit thru a trial while the prosecutors wore her behind out. It must be eating her alive knowing she is no longer in charge of her life, let alone her family.

The other two are dumb enough to believe they'd stand a chance at trial.

I believe AW will plead. I don't think she could sit thru a trial while the prosecutors wore her behind out. It must be eating her alive knowing she is no longer in charge of her life, let alone her family.

The other two are dumb enough to believe they'd stand a chance at trial.

I've been confused.
Option#1
Did Jake's plea deal take death penalty off the record for all other W's only if they plead guilty?
Otherwise Jake will testify at their trials.
So if at trial any other W is found guilty, the death penalty is on.
OR
Option#2
Did Jake's plea deal take death penalty off the record for all W's regardless of if they plea deal or if decide to go to trial?
So if at trial any other W is found guilty, it is Life w/out Parole.

Depending upon the clarification of Jakes Plea (maybe I am the only one not clear on what it actually means going forward) any of the W's might roll the dice and go to trial, if only to get out of the cell for a few months and sit in court.

I've been confused.
Option#1
Did Jake's plea deal take death penalty off the record for all other W's only if they plead guilty?
Otherwise Jake will testify at their trials.
So if at trial any other W is found guilty, the death penalty is on.
OR
Option#2
Did Jake's plea deal take death penalty off the record for all W's regardless of if they plea deal or if decide to go to trial?
So if at trial any other W is found guilty, it is Life w/out Parole.

Depending upon the clarification of Jakes Plea (maybe I am the only one not clear on what it actually means going forward) any of the W's might roll the dice and go to trial, if only to get out of the cell for a few months and sit in court.
THIS is why I've wanted to see a transcript of that hearing. Words matter.

If CRsr thought it was KR coming over, he would not have paid any attention to motion lights, dogs barking etc. in my opinion. I think when they came in he heard the commotion in the living room with GR, came up just a little ways and saw, retreated and was shot near or in the back bedroom. Maybe KR did come over to take showers normally, maybe they texted from KR phone that he was coming over, maybe they came at the same time KR normally would. If they were asleep they may not have noticed lights coming on if they did. I am not sure they were shooting forward if GR was laying on couch or even if standing , there may have been some sort of struggle to grab the gun from them. Maybe GR went to the door and tried to slam the front door or grab a gun from them and there were shots fired near the front.

It's my understanding as long as Jake testifies truthfully at trial against his family they won't face the DP. The most they would get is LWOP.
The defense lawyers may try to tear him up on his truthful version. I know prosecution can tell if he is lying about certain things but probably cannot prove if he is about some. Guess it's a toss up of which liars the jurors believe most if there are any trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68