DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of note, Johnson County Mr X 1972 is also back for additional extraction, as is one of the Hartford Circus Fire victims.
Disheartened by Mr. X. He's had a long ride. Surprised by the Hartford Jane Doe. I thought that one would be on hold for longer but I hope this means good news.

You can generally tell which cases have been active the longest by their order on the website. Everyone between West Manchester John Doe and Kings County Jane Doe in California has been with them since I started following them but not everyone was an active case at the time. Rebel Ray was a stalled case at one point and Julie faced a lot of sequencing and extraction hurdles but these cases have been with them the longest regardless. I remember when Summit County John Doe was first added, I announced it on his thread.

You can generally tell which cases have been active the longest by their order on the website. Everyone between West Manchester John Doe and Kings County Jane Doe in California has been with them since I started following them but not everyone was an active case at the time. Rebel Ray was a stalled case at one point and Julie faced a lot of sequencing and extraction hurdles but these cases have been with them the longest regardless. I remember when Summit County John Doe was first added, I announced it on his thread.
Jackson Co (WI), Mowry Ave (CA), Marion (OH) and Redondo (CA) also took forever to extract/sequence and upload a kit to GedMatch and the first three started with really promising numbers (and the first one was solved already), so fingers crossed that it is similar for Mr X, if they are successful.

I wonder if they've consulted the ICMP in the Hague for extraction, it was successful for Dennis and Sue Ann.

I am surprised that Ramsey co JD has no reconstraction at all, as she was found relatively preserved and has her eyes color and hair color listed on Namus.

The DDP has now a second case from the same county in Minnesota Lilydale Jane Doe 1976 (MN), she was found under similar circumstances as Ramsey co JN in Mississippi river.

MN - MN - Lilydale, Female 805UFMN, 25-30, in Mississippi River, blue shorts, Jun'76

Interestingly, these two unidentified females were exhumed and submitted to CODIS along with 3 unidentified men buried St Paul in 2017, I wonder if 3 other cases will also be taken by the DDP

I am surprised that Ramsey co JD has no reconstraction at all, as she was found relatively preserved and has her eyes color and hair color listed on Namus.

The DDP has now a second case from the same county in Minnesota Lilydale Jane Doe 1976 (MN), she was found under similar circumstances as Ramsey co JN in Mississippi river.

MN - MN - Lilydale, Female 805UFMN, 25-30, in Mississippi River, blue shorts, Jun'76

Interestingly, these two unidentified females were exhumed and submitted to CODIS along with 3 unidentified men buried St Paul in 2017, I wonder if 3 other cases will also be taken by the DDP
They might be doing only a few at a time like Phoenix, Maricopa County literally has over 250 UID cases and has been just kind of going at a drip feed so far.

Someone also said in the thread for New Brighton Jane Doe (2000) MN - MN - New Brighton, Wht/NtvFem 270UFMN, 35-45, in Long Lake Park, Sep'00 that her case would eventually be taken by DDP, and the agency contact appears to be the same person here as for the two 1970s ones, so perhaps we'll see this one on the list soon too.

CarlK said in the Ramsey Co 1977 thread that there were photos but they had been lost in a record purge.

Someone also said in the thread for New Brighton Jane Doe (2000) MN - MN - New Brighton, Wht/NtvFem 270UFMN, 35-45, in Long Lake Park, Sep'00 that her case would eventually be taken by DDP, and the agency contact appears to be the same person here as for the two 1970s ones, so perhaps we'll see this one on the list soon too.

CarlK said in the Ramsey Co 1977 thread that there were photos but they had been lost in a record purge.
They have a lot of unidentified, but I guess it is because St. Paul is the capital of Minnesota, so it is a big city. And secondly, it is in proximity to the Mississippi River as half of the cases are people who drowned in the Mississippi River (seams strange there are 2 females found in the rive within a year and both are unidentified, but as I remember the police did not find that any of them had any trauma). From the 2017 article, the 5 unidentified individual exhumed for testing in CODIS, were all found in 1976-1991, the New Brighton JD is a more recent case, I guess she was exhumed later. These are 5 of their cases (2 are know officially tased by the DDP):

• A woman whose body found June 11, 1976, in the Mississippi River near Lilydale.
  • A woman whose body found July 20, 1977, in the Mississippi River near Childs and Warner Roads in St. Paul.
  • A man whose body found Feb. 7, 1985, in an abandoned building at Kellogg Boulevard and Wall Street in St. Paul.
  • A man’s body found April 18, 1985, in the Mississippi River east of the Ford Dam.
  • A man’s body found Aug. 27, 1991, in a wooded area west of Highway 61 in St. Paul.
Families of the missing asked to submit DNA to help BCA identify remains – Twin Cities

Also Carl made a reconstruction for Ramsey co John Doe 1985, I hope this case will be taken as well
Ramsey County John Doe

Last edited:
They have a lot of unidentified, but I guess it is because St. Paul is the capital of Minnesota, so it is a big city. And secondly, it is in proximity to the Mississippi River as half of the cases are people who drowned in the Mississippi River (seams strange there are 2 females found in the rive within a year and both are unidentified, but as I remember the police did not find that any of them had any trauma). From the 2017 article, the 5 unidentified individual exhumed for testing in CODIS, were all found in 1976-1991, the New Brighton JD is a more recent case, I guess she was exhumed later. These are 5 of their cases (2 are know officially tased by the DDP):

• A woman whose body found June 11, 1976, in the Mississippi River near Lilydale.
  • A woman whose body found July 20, 1977, in the Mississippi River near Childs and Warner Roads in St. Paul.
  • A man whose body found Feb. 7, 1985, in an abandoned building at Kellogg Boulevard and Wall Street in St. Paul.
  • A man’s body found April 18, 1985, in the Mississippi River east of the Ford Dam.
  • A man’s body found Aug. 27, 1991, in a wooded area west of Highway 61 in St. Paul.
Families of the missing asked to submit DNA to help BCA identify remains – Twin Cities

Also Carl made a reconstruction for Ramsey co John Doe 1985, I hope this case will be taken as well
Ramsey County John Doe
He’ll be a difficult one, I believe his remains were incinerated

New update with St. Tammany Parish John Doe:

E1XUl0IXEAEVCEF

I feel like it would be prudent for someone to translate this to the languages from countries listed to help spread awareness in these countries.

New update with St. Tammany Parish John Doe:

E1XUl0IXEAEVCEF

I feel like it would be prudent for someone to translate this to the languages from countries listed to help spread awareness in these countries.
He is primarily Greek, his last names from Turkey are also Greek, Istanbul has an European side where there was a huge Greek community (no longer exists in it’s original way), interestingly that his highest match lives in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, I will check if there is a Greek community there.

He is primarily Greek, his last names from Turkey are also Greek, Istanbul has an European side where there was a huge Greek community (no longer exists in it’s original way), interestingly that his highest match lives in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, I will check if there is a Greek community there.
Suffolk County is essentially Boston, so it's a good possibility.

Suffolk County is essentially Boston, so it's a good possibility.
Boston has the largest Greek community in the USA. As his closest match is forth/fifth cousin they probably did not know each other. Greek population fled Alaçatı in 1920 (Alaçatı is the first location he is connected to), most of them went to Crete but not all of them. Our John Doe was probably born in 1930ies-1940ies, so it could be that his parents fled Alaçatı to the USA, so he was probably a first generation American.

My cousin’s ex is Greek American, just learnt today that he was born in Boston area (MA). Today I also learnt a bit about the post war crisis in Greece (I think they refer to the war with Turkey in 1920ies) and the Greek immigration to the States, also interestingly there were brides’ boats to the States and apparently Australia in 1960-ies, mostly arranged marriages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member