Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was on suicide watch....as per a report in the last thread sometime.....checked on every 15 minutes. And isn't he isolated?
Maybe this happened in the yard? Does he get to go outside with other inmates? Did he PO some other brute? Or was this self inflicted?
Anyway, the shiner and messed up face becomes him.

Barry may have voted for her to ‘prove’ she was alive. Look she is being held somewhere, but she is alive, she voted!

Except for the part where Barry signed as the witness.... so he witnessed Suzanne in October? A month after a huge search that he didn't participate in? With all the pressure that is put on the husbands of missing women, he didn't call Lauren Scharf, the police, fbi or cbi to announce her miraculous return just in time to vote for his choice in president? He is stupid... on top of ALL of that, he didn't even forge her signature or even put an X on the line where he supposedly witnessed her sign... If he had signed it (forged) he would probably not have got caught for that crime cuz the auto-readers are looking for blacked in circles on every line and signatures. It probably spit it out of the machine cuz there was no signature, then the human that has to check the flagged ones read her name and no signature and recognized the name and probably called the police... if he signed it, it probably never would have been flagged. Poor Bear Bear, he sucks at being a criminal too. Jmo

EDITED TO ADD: My post wasn't AT you @TIGER0822 , just used your post to jump off of. Sorry if I seemed aggressive toward you, its all toward BM.

Last edited:
Excellent post as always @OldCop. :)
You posited 2 very well thought out plausible scenarios and may have even swayed me more towards Friday.
I so agree we have to remember we are at a big disadvantage trying to put the puzzles together with a whole lot of pieces missing, and yes I do enjoy reading everyone’s theories to help me think outside the box and keep an open mind when we have little known facts to work with. Hopefully we’ll know very soon what day SM was murdered.
Having said that and while we wait:
I think our Saturday theories are pretty close.
I speculated here awhile back in more detail about how I think BM & SM likely hadn’t been getting along for awhile arguing in the days/weeks leading up to MD weekend. And then Friday night blow out/fight between
SM & BM, went to bed mad at each other and slept in separate bedrooms.
BM gets up Saturday morning still stewing mad about whatever they fought about Friday and leaves the house in an angry huff Saturday morning to go to the jobsite with MG.
MG said BM didn’t really seem like himself Saturday morning, which is because he was still upset about the argument from the night before. He cuts the day short to go home to make the wife happy to start alibi building etc. when he gets home more arguing ensues and he kills her ‘sometime’ after he got home.
I struggled more with the timeline after BM got home Saturday morning. Reason being all the different times that were given for when the BFF text wedding convo happened, and also the alleged 4pm sandwich sighting and so, posited that if sandwich sighting isn’t true he killed SM shortly after he got home Saturday 11:30/12 and if 4pm sandwich sighting is true, arguing continued off and on throughout the day, stopped arguing briefly when they went to get sandwiches, arguing picked up after they had sandwiches and SM was killed later on Saturday after they got back from sandwiches,. My speculation was based on me not thinking BM could pull off any long drawn out wedding texting convo with SM’s BFF from Indiana.
All the different times given as to when the BFF texting convo took place on Saturday, left room for SM to have been killed either shortly after BM got home Saturday morning, or later after sandwich sighting as one of the alleged texting convo times was around 9pm iirc.

All that to say, I think most of our Saturday theory of what happened aligns and you make good points about JP mentioning only saw BM in town Saturday alone making the sandwich sighting less probable. And another good point that BM could have been impersonating Suzanne texting and friend though something seemed off to BFF and when she questioned him that’s when convo abruptly ended. So if I ignore the alleged 4pm sandwich sighting which hasn’t been verified also considering the CV19 factor putting doubt on it, if I go by the original time that was said BFF wedding convo took place which was right around 11:30/12pm iirc, I agree with your timeline theory that SM was killed shortly after BM got home from jobsite Saturday, briefly tried to impersonate SM in convo with BFF, put her in cooler in garage, went into town shopping for cleaning supplies and to see JP about the job. And with everything else you posited about what he spent the rest of Saturday evening and wee hours of Sunday doing, as that’s how I always felt he spent that time as well regardless of whether SM met her demise on Friday or Saturday.
I like the Friday night theory you posit above too. It’s well thought out and yes, plausible for sure. The text to her BFF in IN Friday night and them fighting after BM found out she’d been confiding in her BFF and/or her Sister enraging him and he shoots her or kills her with a crossbow, or strangles her. Then makes a trip to Salida jobsite to bury SM or evidence.
Could very well have gone down like this on Friday. I have been of the belief that SM was killed on Saturday, but I’m definitely going to ponder over this Friday night theory a little more.
I have a question about your Friday night theory OldCop, if he did bury her at the Salida beach site Friday night, do you think she’d still be there, or? Moved her? I would be interested to know your thought if he may have moved her to Indiana in the early days/weeks after the fact. Very risky to move and transport body, but it has been done before as we know, ala Leticia Stauch. But do you think since LE seemingly suspected BM responsible from jump street, would LE have had 24/7 surveillance on him?

As for the bolded last sentence in you post, oh yeah :D

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzsnne

sometimes they use the toilet in their cells to bathe and wash their dirty underwear. I believe they call them birdbaths. But then BM is an outdoor camping guy so not a big deal for him. I wonder if he’s enjoying his man cave. Lol.

I do not think BM has ever washed his own underwear in his life.
Bet his mum or his daughters have been doing it for the last year.

Quick thought... if Suzanne’s family was able to see the AA before the public, would copies be also given to her daughters? I know that they seem to be in support of their dad right now, but would the AA go to them as well, or is it only depending on who in the family actually requests it?
Interesting, because the Watts got themselves designated as victims when their own son murdered their grandchildren. They got the use of an attorney to present their feelings at the sentencing, then Cindy thoroughly criticized the attorney-victims' advocate and said she only went that route so she could get in to see the confessing baby murderer.

Why wouldn't Suzanne's children be considered victims upon the murder of their mother, if the extended family of Suzanne are considered victims?

I thought he was on suicide watch....as per a report in the last thread sometime.....checked on every 15 minutes. And isn't he isolated?
Maybe this happened in the yard? Does he get to go outside with other inmates? Did he PO some other brute? Or was this self inflicted?
Anyway, the shiner and messed up face becomes him.
The dark line under his right eye looks like a dark shadow to me. The dot in between his eyebrows, and the dots on his nose look like perfect circles. I don't know what kind of injury would cause that.

Last edited:
Except for the part where Barry signed as the witness.... so he witnessed Suzanne in October? A month after a huge search that he didn't participate in? With all the pressure that is put on the husbands of missing women, he didn't call Lauren Scharf, the police, fbi or cbi to announce her miraculous return just in time to vote for his choice in president? He is stupid... on top of ALL of that, he didn't even forge her signature or even put an X on the line where he supposedly witnessed her sign... If he had signed it (forged) he would probably not have got caught for that crime cuz the auto-readers are looking for blacked in circles on every line and signatures. It probably spit it out of the machine cuz there was no signature, then the human that has to check the flagged ones read her name and no signature and recognized the name and probably called the police... if he signed it, it probably never would have been flagged. Poor Bear Bear, he sucks at being a criminal too. Jmo

Just read about this. Crazy stuff. This guy is delusional.

Now that Barry’s locked up I would think now would be the time for the girls to reach out to Suzanne’s side of the family that love them Barry probably forbids it controlling the girls even from jail.

Interesting, because the Watts got themselves designated as victims when their own son murdered their grandchildren. They got the use of an attorney to present their feelings at the sentencing, then Cindy thoroughly criticized the attorney-victims' advocate and said she only went that route so she could get in to see the confessing baby murderer.

Why wouldn't Suzanne's children be considered victims upon the murder of their mother, if the extended family of Suzanne are considered victims?

I completely agree they are victims in this (whether they can recognize it or not right now). I just don’t know if the extended family had/has to request it, and then so would the daughters. Or would the prosecution, I’m guessing, just send it to them (daughters & fam) without a request.

When I referenced that they seem to be in support of their dad, I wasn’t trying to downplay who they are or what they have been going through. I just don’t know how the AA gets released.

I think Suzanne's stepbrother should have stopped at thanking everyone who contributed to the investigation and stuck to family background. But I do appreciate him speaking for the family and making a statement. They have zero obligation to share anything during what must be an incredibly difficult situation.

MOO

The dark line under his right eye looks like a dark shadow to me. The dot in between his eyebrows, and the dots on his nose look like perfect circles. I don't know what kind injury would cause that.
I felt like it was bad lighting. He looked like the same old Barry to me. I was glad to see more of his face-no mask for the virtual.
I enjoyed hearing about Suzanne-makes me wish there had been more of that while she was missing. I guess everyone had to keep their mouths shut and let LE do their job. But if everyone didn’t know from the jump that it was Barry (did they?), this would have painted a lovely picture of Suzanne-humanized her.

I'm not sure whether BM said it or not. I found the step brother to be a bit patronizing. JMO
He seemed to sweep with a very broad brush when criticizing, but I can't believe he was referring to those who assisted in Andy's search.

For those who didn't watch: Mike set up that exchange by asking what Thomas thought about the online community of sleuthers and crowdsourcing. Thomas said that the investigating is best left to the professionals; "you wouldn't step into an operating room and attempt to replace the doctor." Mike tried to save it a bit by talking about the difference between social media and other interactive sites surfacing intelligence vs. investigating. Thomas said that tips should go to the investigators. He talked about a friend who is a former FBI agent who was able to advise Thomas to just trust the professionals; that they were on it.

Still wonder if there is some contention between Mike and Chris about just how involved in discussion anyone should be outside the actual investigation. Would Mike prefer everyone just passively watch the videos, hit the Subscribe and Like buttons, and join the chat room to ask questions that he will curate?

I will never forget that an FBI agent out in the field submitted to FBI headquarters her concerns that certain middle eastern flight students were taking flight lessons and skipping learning anything about landing, which might indicate a potential risk for terrorism. Her concerns were ignored. And 9/11 happened.

Sometimes EVEN the well-educated, longterm serving professionals miss things that turn out to be critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong