Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Suzanne's stepbrother should have stopped at thanking everyone who contributed to the investigation and stuck to family background. But I do appreciate him speaking for the family and making a statement. They have zero obligation to share anything during what must be an incredibly difficult situation.

MOO
I thought his story about he and Suzanne having a laugh and Barry walking in and the mood changing was very telling. I think Barry only approved of Suzanne being happy and having a good time when it was with him.

Daughters, Family. Victims' Rights?
That was and is my thought as SM's daughters are victims and would have the same rights as all victims to know prior to the public some information. MOO
@dixiegirl1035 Well, kinda, sorta sounds right, but I dunno.
CO. Victim Rights Act* has a looong list of vic rights and gives the dau's the right to be informed of many actions, but I don't know if being provided a court-sealed AA is one of them.
When did LEOs & prosecutors staff talk w both dau's?
Early on, LE was seeking info from them, probably not disclosing much.
In past week or mo, pre-arrest? Did LE tell them: We're gonna arrest BM for murder?
Just prior to arrest, maybe LE disclosed that plan to them? But providing copy of the AA to dau's before arrest? IDK.

After LE submitted AA for arrest warrant, arrested BM, and the court ordered it sealed, I wonder if LE or prosecutor staff could lawfully provide (meaning, not by a 'leak') the AA doc itself to anyone other than LE or prosecutor staff.

Welcoming comment, clarification comment, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

Those poor dau's and everyone else in SM's family. Sad, sad, sad. Actually tragic.

BTW, someone here posted (sorry forgot who) about Gannon's case and CO LE providing some doc's (AA? or __?) to victim's family. I have not followed that case, so those facts may or may not be comparable. And I may have missed relevant info re SM case.
* Per Victim Rights Act, as "immediate surviving family members" of the deceased, the dau's are "entitled to be heard when relevant and informed & present at critical stages of the criminal justice process" by CO statute." bbm Crime Victim Rights Act (VRA) | Division of Criminal Justice

Last edited:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/b728bd1d-977c-4934-atae8b-de6d958feaec-jpeg.297216/

As well as the black eye is that an injury on his forehead? Perhaps he has been hitting his head against the wall.
I have no idea what the rules are in jail or prison; however, could it be that Barry didn't want to shave and get a haircut? Maybe, they make them have a uniform look when they are locked up??

If he refused, I can well imagine that he would be held down and forced to comply with rules, which could have caused some bruising.

JMO.

I think Suzanne's stepbrother should have stopped at thanking everyone who contributed to the investigation and stuck to family background. But I do appreciate him speaking for the family and making a statement. They have zero obligation to share anything during what must be an incredibly difficult situation.

MOO

I don't think her stepbrother did anything wrong. I think we expected another Andy and Tom is not Andy. I do not doubt for a second that he loves Suzanne and is broken-hearted by her loss, but there is a level of separation with stepfamily usually. I adore my stepsisters, but if that part of my family was going thru something horrible, I don't think I would feel it quite as intensely and it would be easier for me to address the public or a group instead of those closest to them. There is a decent sized age gap between my stepsisters and me so we didn't grow up together and from what Tom said, he and Suzanne didn't meet until their teen years and he is older than her so it might just be easier for him to do the public speaking right now, plus he is an actor so it might be easier to keep himself composed. Jmo

Except for the part where Barry signed as the witness.... so he witnessed Suzanne in October? A month after a huge search that he didn't participate in? With all the pressure that is put on the husbands of missing women, he didn't call Lauren Scharf, the police, fbi or cbi to announce her miraculous return just in time to vote for his choice in president? He is stupid... on top of ALL of that, he didn't even forge her signature or even put an X on the line where he supposedly witnessed her sign... If he had signed it (forged) he would probably not have got caught for that crime cuz the auto-readers are looking for blacked in circles on every line and signatures. It probably spit it out of the machine cuz there was no signature, then the human that has to check the flagged ones read her name and no signature and recognized the name and probably called the police... if he signed it, it probably never would have been flagged. Poor Bear Bear, he sucks at being a criminal too. Jmo

EDITED TO ADD: My post wasn't AT you @TIGER0822 , just used your post to jump off of. Sorry if I seemed aggressive toward you, its all toward BM.
In Colorado we don’t sign the actual ballot, we sign the envelope. So the first step in having your ballot accepted is a signature match. Sounds like SM’s ballot was flagged by a clerk for having NO signature— not even an X such as a blind voter might sign. Not to mention he signed as a witness ( witness to WHAT?! ). And of course they recognized her name. IMO that ballot never went near a machine after that. I can’t even imagine how BM thought that would make it through.

Attachments

• CD425AD8-7FA9-4328-A609-29EF2EBD2903.jpeg
    CD425AD8-7FA9-4328-A609-29EF2EBD2903.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 28
<modsnip>
Well, and also, that's the thing about domestic abusers. The fights are never about what they're about on the surface. Fights are always really about the abuser maintaining complete control of the victim. It doesn't make sense to normal folks when it seems like a victim has been killed over wanting to vote for a certain candidate, or for purchasing something small without getting the abuser's permission, or whatever it may be, because that isn't what it's about. It's about the victim causing narcissistic injury to the abuser by being a tiny bit autonomous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is only the beginning of Barry Morphew’s downfall now that he is behind bars you will see people come forward that were afraid of him reach out to LE plus I bet he has financially screwed people over and you will see more criminal charges and pending lawsuits against him.

JMO

Reminder on Social Media Rules:
-Links to approved sources are OK
-Screenshots or direct copy/paste of social media posts are not allowed

As we observed yesterday, social media posts can be deleted or edited. This is why we only allow links and not screenshots.
Thank you for all the work y'all do to keep WS going in a safe and productive manner.

Barry may have voted for her to ‘prove’ she was alive. Look she is being held somewhere, but she is alive, she voted!
@TIGER0822 ;)Yeah, A new breed of abductor --- kinder & gentler these days, like ---
an abductor who keeps victim bound and gagged in a closet, but unshackles one day every Leap Year, to let her vote for Pres. At least if she votes straight ticket Republican.:rolleyes: j/k

I have no idea what the rules are in jail or prison; however, could it be that Barry didn't want to shave and get a haircut? Maybe, they make them have a uniform look when they are locked up??

If he refused, I can well imagine that he would be held down and forced to comply with rules, which could have caused some bruising.

JMO.

When I was in Arizona's famous (and now closed) "Tent City," they wouldn't let anyone out for work release unless they were clean shaven. Seemed like a goofy rule, but I always tried to shave, before going back at night. I guess it's these little things that get some people in trouble.

When I was in Arizona's famous (and now closed) "Tent City," they wouldn't let anyone out for work release unless they were clean shaven. Seemed like a goofy rule, but I always tried to shave, before going back at night. I guess it's these little things that get some people in trouble.
I read that they think that contraband can sometimes be hidden in long hair and/or facial hair. So, I think that is why there are these grooming rules.

I think that Chris Watts had a haircut and was clean shaven in his mugshot, too.

JMO.

Well, and also, that's the thing about domestic abusers. The fights are never about what they're about on the surface. Fights are always really about the abuser maintaining complete control of the victim. It doesn't make sense to normal folks when it seems like a victim has been killed over wanting to vote for a certain candidate, or for purchasing something small without getting the abuser's permission, or whatever it may be, because that isn't what it's about. It's about the victim causing narcissistic injury to the abuser by being a tiny bit autonomous.

ugh, this x1000.
So disgusting, the way abusers act

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
And that text SM's sister describes sounds like it was more than just a meek woman who was considering leaving her bullying husband. (Even though I do realize that is the most dangerous time for a woman in a DV situation.)

Had Suzanne figured something out and that made life dangerous for her?

And then the FBI chose April 22, 2021 to interview BM about his casting SM's ballot. THAT is an interesting date.

<modsnip>

It might be, but wow. THAT date.

Edited to clarify.
To me the date is also a little bit suspect. Are there sometimes press conferences somewhere on this day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd