Christopher Coleman

I wonder if he feels God has already forgiven him for his actions? I'm not sure of the particular beliefs of Joyce Meyers Ministry, but it could be that he believes that because he accepted Christ as his savior, that he is forgiven. It really makes you wonder just how much his religious upbringing has affected his thought processes. Truthfully, if I were his father, I'm not sure how I could go before my congregation after some of the info that has come out in the trial.

I know! The article also stated since the murders and accusation of Chris Coleman the Coleman's church in Chester Illinois has grown even bigger like they are stars. Isn't that sick?!? What kind of bible do these people read?

I wonder if he feels God has already forgiven him for his actions? I'm not sure of the particular beliefs of Joyce Meyers Ministry, but it could be that he believes that because he accepted Christ as his savior, that he is forgiven. It really makes you wonder just how much his religious upbringing has affected his thought processes. Truthfully, if I were his father, I'm not sure how I could go before my congregation after some of the info that has come out in the trial.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/EverydayAnswers/BecomeAChristian.aspx

...I read today in the STL. Post Dispatch that the Rev. Ronald Coleman told reporters that his son is helping inmates in the Monroe County Jail become born again Christians. I 'm pretty much speechless on this one.

Hmmm....perhaps that's the "destiny" Sheri and the boys were keeping him from. :waitasec:

I lived and worked in Chester, Il in the early 90's. Back then, Grace Bible Church was just a small church. In the past probably ten years, it has grown quite large with a big, new building and an increase in membership. The people are just devoted, but from what I have heard around, I wonder if it is because of "God's messages" or because they are financial invested.

He was trying to get a new trial

https://www.bnd.com/opinion/editorials/article208380769.html

New trial may be warranted for man convicted of murdering wife, two sons

The latest matter involves a post-conviction relief petition filed by Coleman last year. That filing alleges this metadata, as well as ineffective counsel, led to the guilty verdict.

With Coleman present at the Monroe County Courthouse, Judge Stephen McGlynn ruled during an April evidentiary hearing that the metadata was not extraneous, could not be considered prejudicial and did not violate Coleman’s constitutional rights.

McGlynn also decided, however, he wanted another evidentiary hearing on the matter of Coleman having ineffective counsel.

That hearing will focus on why Coleman’s lawyers did not object to the inclusion of metadata and why they did not develop an argument regarding fingerprint evidence on the outside of a window at the Coleman residence and on a digital video recorder faceplate found along the side of the highway.

The fingerprints on both surfaces did not match Coleman.

Coleman seeks self-representation | Republic-Times | News

Convicted killer Chris Coleman talks to ‘Crime Watch Daily,’ proclaims innocence

The man convicted of murdering his wife and two children says he was set up. His father also said Coleman’s affair wasn’t motive for murder, but rather due to his wife’s lack of respect.

This "wife's lack of respect" just still makes me sick to my stomach. He can rot in jail. He had such a lack of respect for his wife and kids and the truth. I hate narcissists! He still can't take responsibility for his actions.

Last edited:
This "wife's lack of respect" just still makes me sick to my stomach. He can rot in jail. He had such a lack of respect for his wife and kids and the truth. I hate narcissists! He still can't take responsibility for his actions.
I guess we know where he learned it ...

So what happened to his request for a new trial?

I guess we know where he learned it ...

So what happened to his request for a new trial?

I have looked several times and haven't found anything new since late 2019

I have looked several times and haven't found anything new since late 2019
What a waste of the States time and resources anyway, hopefully it will never happen.

This continues to be one of the top cases that will haunt me forever. His beautiful family and imaging the horror they went through. Of course his family supports him. They never showed any respect for his wife. Chris was their golden child. Could do no wrong. Hopefully the trial doesn’t move forward, but if it does, I’ll be curious to see how horribly prison has treated him.

Per the local newspaper:
Coleman has list his argument for a new trial in Monroe County on July 6. Judge Stephen McGlynn has dismissed all of Coleman's arguments.
I will give you the gist of the interview our local paper had with him since I can't access the online copy.

Apparently, Coleman has been unhappy with his counsel and asked for Lloyd Cueto, his defense attorney from Belleville, IL, to be removed due to his feeling that Mr. Cueto wasn't filing paperwork in a timely manner.
Coleman requested to be his own attorney and was approved. (We all know what is said about that. ) Cueto is co-counsel.
Also, Coleman went to a federal judge in Wisconsin, where he is imprisoned, and complained about circuit Court delays in IL. The judge demanded reply to Coleman by July 2.
An emergency hearing was set up for July 2 and that was when Coleman was approved as his own attorney.
He asked for discovery and a new date was set for a July 16 video hearing.
The article sounds as if he is unhappy about how quickly the date was set as he did not feel he had enough time to go through the evidence.
There will be another hearing on August 6 to discuss his request to see State's evidence.
He claims the delays have violated his rights and are causing trouble for him getting witnesses, like his mom who just passed away.
He claims there are fingerprints that were not tested. He also claims political factors in getting his petition for a new trial through before the next election in November.
And, of course, "only God can bring him through this."
I'm tired of him using God to try to help his cause!

:D
Per the local newspaper:
Coleman has list his argument for a new trial in Monroe County on July 6. Judge Stephen McGlynn has dismissed all of Coleman's arguments.
I will give you the gist of the interview our local paper had with him since I can't access the online copy.

Apparently, Coleman has been unhappy with his counsel and asked for Lloyd Cueto, his defense attorney from Belleville, IL, to be removed due to his feeling that Mr. Cueto wasn't filing paperwork in a timely manner.
Coleman requested to be his own attorney and was approved. (We all know what is said about that. ) Cueto is co-counsel.
Also, Coleman went to a federal judge in Wisconsin, where he is imprisoned, and complained about circuit Court delays in IL. The judge demanded reply to Coleman by July 2.
An emergency hearing was set up for July 2 and that was when Coleman was approved as his own attorney.
He asked for discovery and a new date was set for a July 16 video hearing.
The article sounds as if he is unhappy about how quickly the date was set as he did not feel he had enough time to go through the evidence.
There will be another hearing on August 6 to discuss his request to see State's evidence.
He claims the delays have violated his rights and are causing trouble for him getting witnesses, like his mom who just passed away.
He claims there are fingerprints that were not tested. He also claims political factors in getting his petition for a new trial through before the next election in November.
And, of course, "only God can bring him through this."
I'm tired of him using God to try to help his cause!
So funny him channeling his God. He grew up in a very religious home, worked for a very religious employer, married a religious woman who served on missions and provided with with a beautiful family.

Yet, with all of these blessings from his God, he still went on to live a double life with a mistress. And we all know how that ended. I think his God has him right where he’s supposed to be. Good luck being your own counsel, Chris. We look forward to it.:D

:D
So funny him channeling his God. He grew up in a very religious home, worked for a very religious employer, married a religious woman who served on missions and provided with with a beautiful family.

Yet, with all of these blessings from his God, he still went on to live a double life with a mistress. And we all know how that ended. I think his God has him right where he’s supposed to be. Good luck being your own counsel, Chris. We look forward to it.:D
Nail meet head! I would love to see that weak namby-pamby cream puff defend himself in a court of law.

Connie J. Coleman of Chester

Coleman’s Mother, Connie, died last year. I found the obituary (printed in several places) very telling. It reads that she was preceded in death by her Father.

That’s it.

Remember the article about the murders entitled “A Family Erased.” Perfect title. They have been erased by Coleman’s family...even to exclusion from the death notice of their supposedly ‘loving’ extremely religious Grandmother.

Connie J. Coleman of Chester

Coleman’s Mother, Connie, died last year. I found the obituary (printed in several places) very telling. It reads that she was preceded in death by her Father.

That’s it.

Remember the article about the murders entitled “A Family Erased.” Perfect title. They have been erased by Coleman’s family...even to exclusion from the death notice of their supposedly ‘loving’ extremely religious Grandmother.
Yuck!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd