GUILTY UK - Emma Faulds, 39, Monkton, Ayrshire, 28 Apr 2019

He told the police that he and Emma left Monkton at about midnight on Sunday and she drove her BMW back to her flat despite admitting they had been drinking and taking cocaine. He said they stayed the night in her flat and he headed home about 0730 Monday. CCTV footage however shows him parking the BMW on Monday morning and dropping the dog off at her flat with no sign of Emma. So I assume Emma alive or dead was still at Monkton Sunday/Monday as I don’t think he would have had time to get to Glentrool and back.
Yes, the trial seems extremely slow with just one piece of information a day.

Emma Faulds murder accused 'searched internet for the word blood'

Think it says a lot if your best friend shops you to the police.
Well done to his friend for doing that. It must have been very hard for him to do so but he did the right thing. It is very strong evidence for the prosecution.

The accused must have thought he was so very smart to use someone else’s device to Google certain things. He wasn’t cunning enough to delete the search history though. Idiot.

Emma Faulds trial told of police dog's 'positive indication' during car search

A police dog trained in the scent of dead bodies gave a "positive indication" during the search of a car in the missing Emma Faulds probe.

A Jaguar motor was examined by PC Neil Gunderson and his dog Max on May 8, 2019.

Later in the footage, the dog appears to repeatedly bark at the boot area of the Jaguar.

PC Gunderson said to him it was "clear" Max was giving "an indication".

Mr Kearney went on to ask: "Do you have any doubt of it being a positive indication from your dog in what he is trained to find?"

PC Gunderson: "I have no doubt whatsoever."

I think the Jaguar was Willox's mothers car...........

Emma Faulds: Pathologist unable to determine cause of death

Dr Williams' report did confirm she had no fractures to the arms, legs or ribs and no "significant natural disease" was detected.

Mr Kearney asked the witness: "So nothing to point to a natural cause, but, with the great caveat, your examination was affected by the state of decomposition?"

Dr Williams replied: "That is right."

I'm really surprised this case has such little info coming out and so little interest. I'm still unsure what the motive was? What his defence is? It's not that dissimilar from the current case of Julia James. Both women similar age, similar looking, both dog owners and both found deceased in woodland.

I’d guess the defence are trying the many bamboozling legal arguments tactic. It’s probably their only hope of getting him off It would explain why we haven’t heard anything in a few days.

I was thinking the lack of reporting was possibly due to reporters not being allowed in due to covid restrictions.
I was sure I heard on the bbc Scotland news yesterday his phone pinged near the site where her body was found....but I cant find an article! Did I imagine that??!!

I was thinking the lack of reporting was possibly due to reporters not being allowed in due to covid restrictions.
I was sure I heard on the bbc Scotland news yesterday his phone pinged near the site where her body was found....but I cant find an article! Did I imagine that??!!
No I'm convinced I heard something on bbc as well along the lines of his phone pinging near the site and also pinging near girvan x minutes earlier which was near the length of time it would take to drive from girvan to the site. Can't find anything online though so JMO

I think experts can interrogate vehicle satnavs, even if you haven’t entered a route the gps system is still plotting your position.
It doesn’t look like the accused pre-planned to murder Emma and if she died from drugs or alcohol why not just call an ambulance.

The accused does seem very savvy though - using his best friends ipad and his mums car.

If it was an accident no one in their right mind would bury the body, as you said, you would phone an ambulance.

I think im still of the thought that they were having an affair and the motive lies therein. Im wondering if the accused wife will be a witness.

And I wonder if we will get any update today!

I suppose it’s highly likely they were in a sexual relationship but surely facing the wrath and likely divorce from his wife is better than going to jail. I agree he does appear savvy and did his best in the short time available to try and cover his tracks but he has left a trail and his account is inconsistent. If they can’t prove how she died he might well get away with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back