Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the distinct impression he was referring to all the busybodies on youtube & facebook pretending to be investigative journalists or undercover cops, but all they're actually doing is exploiting the situation so they can repeat the abundance of rumors, gossip and speculation, as if it's fact - and generate more followers/likes/social media clout.

I'm pretty sure everyone following this case for the last year, knows exactly the kind of sites and users I'm talking about. For general reference, not a single one of those kinds of sites is allowed here, because this is a fact based forum that respects the victims and their families.

jmo

I watched and I agree with you that it was what Tom was inferring, but I did cringe a little when he said it. He was saying it on a YouTube crime channel hosted by a now private citizen. The reason that the channel exists at all is because people are interested in true crime. They don’t just want to hear Mike talk about it-they want to participate in the channel. He put up a whole evidentiary map of Suzanne’s case. I get what Tom meant-let LE do their job and don’t interfere.

I was glad to hear more about Suzanne, and I appreciate a bit more insight into the family dynamic. Lots of siblings and step siblings and each person has their own unique personality.

A few musings, all are moo!!!

-I think the only work he had done was his teeth. I don’t think he got plastic surgery- I think the loss of weight and the worry of being a suspect aged his face terribly. (I think he’s spent so many years squinting in the sun as well) Facial expressions, poor lighting and poor photography are catching our eyes, If anything his hooded eyes seem worse. I think loss of sleep and a sinus infection has given him deep bags under his eyes creating shadows, I don’t think he was hurt in jail.

-I really like her stepbrother, he’s very genuine and portrayed Suzanne in a way that I truly felt for maybe the first time. I aspire to carry that love with me always like she did. I too think he was calling out a different “batch” of sleuthers- not us and the work we do here, and not Andy’s searches, there’s a line and I feel like we know that line and that’s why we’re here- not trying to get clout on fb, YouTube and Reddit etc. I do believe he was calling out CM- while I like his gumption and personality, he did put a little dent in his reputation. I’m still a little salty that I was fooled into hopping onto his LE bashing train. They didn’t deserve a word of what he said.

-I also am pretty distressed by the girls’ loyalty to him, I hope they’re able to ease slowly into the truth and are able to reconnect with the genuine part of the family, where the light and pure love comes from. They deserve it. I pray to the universe that they find that light again. I don’t want them to shun their father either but I want them to be able to honor her mother and be at peace with the fact that their father being in prison is justice for Suzanne.

-I don’t particularly believe she will ever be found. Given his expertise and the tools at his disposal, he would absolutely bury her deep is my feeling. I really hope I’m wrong and that GPS anomalies will guide LE to her location.

Does anyone know if the AA was actually released to family yet? I was hoping for any indication in PE YT but didn’t catch anything about the AA being unsealed for fam.

MOO there are a few doing much good work who have the ultimate respect for SM and her family !
Broad brush again?
Thankfully much information is out there for the open minded to seek

I have no question there are a few (notice, even you used the narrow brush there) that are genuinely doing good work, respect the family, etc.
Yes, I did indeed broad brush because most of them are the exact kind of folks even LE is constantly reminding the public to avoid. Gossips, rumor mongers and busybodies with nothing better to do apparently, than to fan the flames and feed the gossip, and waste everyone's time.

Does anyone know if the AA was actually released to family yet? I was hoping for any indication in PE YT but didn’t catch anything about the AA being unsealed for fam.

I'm not a lawyer but I do believe that if a document is sealed from the public, that includes family. The only people that would have access to a sealed AA, would be the prosecution and defense. Maybe one of our lawyers @Alethea or @gitana1 can chime in and clear this up?

I watched and I agree with you that it was what Tom was inferring, but I did cringe a little when he said it. He was saying it on a YouTube crime channel hosted by a now private citizen. The reason that the channel exists at all is because people are interested in true crime. They don’t just want to hear Mike talk about it-they want to participate in the channel. He put up a whole evidentiary map of Suzanne’s case. I get what Tom meant-let LE do their job and don’t interfere.

I was glad to hear more about Suzanne, and I appreciate a bit more insight into the family dynamic. Lots of siblings and step siblings and each person has their own unique personality.

One thing I learned a long time ago, never ask an opinionated person what their opinion is, if you don't really want to hear it ;)

I mean, Mike did ask him in a general sense, his impression of the true crime community, and so Thomas answered him. I think he was fair, extremely accurate, and spoke the truth about whats "out there".

jmo

I'm not a lawyer but I do believe that if a document is sealed from the public, that includes family. The only people that would have access to a sealed AA, would be the prosecution and defense. Maybe one of our lawyers @Alethea or @gitana1 can chime in and clear this up?
Although I think even if they didn't have access to it, investigators would meet with the family and give them a general description of what's in it and answer any questions they have. They probably want to prepare them emotionally before it's made public. Imo

A few musings, all are moo!!!

-I think the only work he had done was his teeth. I don’t think he got plastic surgery- I think the loss of weight and the worry of being a suspect aged his face terribly. (I think he’s spent so many years squinting in the sun as well) Facial expressions, poor lighting and poor photography are catching our eyes, If anything his hooded eyes seem worse. I think loss of sleep and a sinus infection has given him deep bags under his eyes creating shadows, I don’t think he was hurt in jail.

-I really like her stepbrother, he’s very genuine and portrayed Suzanne in a way that I truly felt for maybe the first time. I aspire to carry that love with me always like she did. I too think he was calling out a different “batch” of sleuthers- not us and the work we do here, and not Andy’s searches, there’s a line and I feel like we know that line and that’s why we’re here- not trying to get clout on fb, YouTube and Reddit etc. I do believe he was calling out CM- while I like his gumption and personality, he did put a little dent in his reputation. I’m still a little salty that I was fooled into hopping onto his LE bashing train. They didn’t deserve a word of what he said.

-I also am pretty distressed by the girls’ loyalty to him, I hope they’re able to ease slowly into the truth and are able to reconnect with the genuine part of the family, where the light and pure love comes from. They deserve it. I pray to the universe that they find that light again. I don’t want them to shun their father either but I want them to be able to honor her mother and be at peace with the fact that their father being in prison is justice for Suzanne.

-I don’t particularly believe she will ever be found. Given his expertise and the tools at his disposal, he would absolutely bury her deep is my feeling. I really hope I’m wrong and that GPS anomalies will guide LE to her location.

Totally agree except with the burial part.

Doesn’t eyelid surgery require being put under? And then waking up like Kenny Rogers RIP? I can’t see BM doing that. Doing aging teeth/Botox in the ‘50s is one thing but face surgery is a whole another thing.

Anyway I’ll just stand by my belief that Suzanne was laid on familiar public lands. Like Mark Redwine did. Not buried.

Can’t wait to see the AA. Suzanne needs to be found.

Last edited:
One thing I learned a long time ago, never ask an opinionated person what their opinion is, if you don't really want to hear it ;)

I mean, Mike did ask him in a general sense, his impression of the true crime community, and so Thomas answered him. I think he was fair, extremely accurate, and spoke the truth about whats "out there".

jmo
I thought he was sincere, genuine and well spoken. He would have made a good spokesman for the family but I can understand why they wouldn't want any media attention.

Thank you for the information but I already knew this. What I am not sure of is if he really graduated? A lot of people say they do when they don’t. MOO
Just because it was mentioned somewhere that BM attended Purdue, was “at” Purdue, doesn’t mean he actually graduated and received a degree.
I will believe BM graduated from any University when I see actual proof and/or someone can provide verified proof that he did, in fact complete/graduate/receive a degree. Not saying he didn’t, it’s just IMO, BM is a liar who lies, and obviously anyone can say they attended/graduated college. I can believe he might have attended Purdue, more skeptical however that he actually graduated/obtained a degree.
Just MOO.

Early on, I searched Purdue’s website seeing if I could find out. I spent alot of time searching for year of graduation and whether BM was listed as an alumni, no luck. Iirc, it wasn’t easy navigating their website to obtain info about graduates from 30 years ago. The only other thing I thought of is could call there to try and find out, didn’t take that step yet, maybe I will. I’ve also heard rumblings elsewhere that he decided to forgo college to pursue his MLB dream, and/or had started college and left to pursue MLB, so there’s that. I can’t recall atm the exact details, but the forgoing college and/or starting college and leaving to pursue MLB was mentioned in the CM video where he’s broadcasting from IN, visiting BM’s hometown, high school, etc, etc.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-clarity

Last edited:
Just because it was mentioned somewhere that BM attended Purdue, was “at” Purdue, doesn’t mean he actually graduated and received a degree.
I will believe BM graduated from any University when I see actual proof and/or someone can provide proof that he did so.

Early on, I searched Purdue’s website seeing if I could find out. I spent alot of time searching for year of graduation and whether BM was listed as an alumni, no luck. Iirc, it wasn’t easy navigating their website and provided little info about graduates so far back. The only other thing I thought of is could call there to try and find out, didn’t take that step but maybe I will. I’ve also heard rumblings elsewhere that he decided to forgo college to pursue his MLB dream, and/or had started college and left to pursue MLB.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I thought he was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in 1986, right after high school. So it may be the other way around. When his dream didn't work out, he attended college to earn a degree. He was supposed to graduate in 1994, about eight years after he had been drafted. I don't think he lasted very long if I remember correctly. Imo

Last edited:
I thought he was sincere, genuine and well spoken. He would have made a good spokesman for the family but I can understand why they wouldn't want any media attention.

how many siblings does SM have? I know there’s Andy, Melinda, David, and Thomas. Are there any more step siblings?

I think it must take a lot of strength for the family to have kept mostly quiet throughout the last year and put their complete trust in investigators. That is a strength I don’t know if I would have.

Doesn’t eyelid surgery require being put under? And then waking up like Kenny Rogers RIP? I can’t see BM doing that. Doing aging teeth/Botox in the ‘50s is one thing but face surgery is a whole another thing.

Anyway I’ll just stand by my belief that Suzanne was laid on familiar public lands. Like Mark Redwine did. Not buried.

Anesthesia is a funny thing. I had molars extracted, and I have no recollection of tearing out my IV while under twilight anesthesia. I was told afterward. While resting in recovery, I heard another patient beg to buy the drugs while being brought into the recovery area. People say all sorts of weird stuff when they are half out of it. I can’t imagine Barry risking that. Veneers, sure. Plastic surgery, I don’t think so. Not that he is smart enough to consider that angle.

I thought he was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in 1986, right after high school. So it may be the other way around. When his dream didn't work out, he attended college to earn a degree. He was supposed to graduate in 1994, about eight years after he had been drafted. I don't think he lasted very long if I remember correctly. Imo
You could be right @MsBetsy, that it’s the other way around and yes, I’m aware that his pursuit of MLB was ultimately “dashed.”
Regardless, me personally, and I edited my post to add- not saying he didn’t graduate, that I can believe he attended Purdue, more skeptical however, that he actually graduated and obtained a degree until it can be verified/more concrete proof exists that he in fact, did so.
Sure he may have been ambitious and a hard worker but IMO, BM’s language skills and sentence structure indicate to me that he wouldn’t even make the cut for “Are you smarter than a fifth grader?” program. Lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:

Re BBM
No, it does not. I know just from a top of my head like 5 people around me with upper eyelid surgery. None of them were put under. It’s a short procedure done under local anesthetic.

ETA: added the world “upper” because I don’t know anyone who had lower eyelid surgery. That might make the procedure different.

Last edited:

bbm
Very well said and thought-out post, thank you.

Yes, I understand what he meant as well.
If he meant some other less regulated sites that's understandable; but with the internet being what it is ... a case of Suzanne's magnitude is going to draw in all sorts.
I don't think he was referring to this site .

The fact that many wish to help is a good thing.
The reason this website exists is that people want to learn and to help with thoughts or ideas !
There are many who can provide information from an experienced background as well.
So thank you to those people as well.
We want justice for the innocent victims and that is all.
Imo.

Last edited:
His teeth do look a lot different. Do we know for sure that the photo of him with the two daughters and Christmas tree was from 2020? I wonder how hard it would be to digitally enhance a photo to make your teeth look perfect? At any rate, he did seem to work really hard to try to make himself look good on the surface. It's unfortunate that this effort seemed limited to a shallow veneer and didn't go a little deeper.
Look how small the girls look! This is an old photo. I bet Suzanne took it!

Re: BM and baseball - I read he was drafted in like the 42nd round by Toronto BlueJays in 1986. He has a dismal batting record of .1883 iirc or something close. It was ridiculous. Those drafted in that late of rounds usually don’t make it as successful players. It was when he was 18, he played until an injury sidelined him. He then went back to IN and attended college. A couple of photos attached of BM at the time he was drafted & a newspaper article. He & SM announced their engagement in 1994 iirc
EBM to add MOO
1986 MLB June Draft Pick Transactions

Attachments

• A7C20E0A-C06E-46DA-9078-4504DDC114AA.png
    A7C20E0A-C06E-46DA-9078-4504DDC114AA.png
    25 KB · Views: 81
  • 273DB8DF-DDDA-48BE-A266-B4F8481CB584.jpeg
    273DB8DF-DDDA-48BE-A266-B4F8481CB584.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
IMO, he looks like a broken man that has finally been caught in his lies and is tired of running.

JMO,MOO
I hope you’re right, but personally I just don’t see it, right now anyway. What may change my feelings about him would be a to see a TRULY broken man, in the depths of despair over what he did to his beautiful wife and to his children and to Suzanne’s family. NO MORE LIES! A confession, an honest confession and then taking LE to Suzanne’s remains. I can only hope they are not “scattered about.”
:( And NO, I don’t want to hear how Suzanne was responsible, she was angry, she wouldn’t listen to me anymore, she raised her voice at me, trying to deflect blame from himself. I want him to take FULL responsibility, look his daughters in the eye and tell them the TRUTH, that he killed their beautiful mother and ROBBED them of her unfailing love for them that should have included all the things a mother does for her children even when they have left the nest. He is not only a murderer, he is a thief of the worst kind.

A truly broken man, on his knees, wailing, fully comprehending what he has done. This is what I hope for, whilst also thinking it is wishful thinking since there is absolutely nothing he has done since murdering Suzanne that would indicate he is even capable of the inward reflection needed to recognize what a despicable man he has become. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361