Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Even if you found someone:
-shot in the head with a gun nearby
-hanging from a tree, or after 7 months on the ground with a noose (around the neck or on a tree branch above)
- with a pill bottle and drinking bottle near the body
the medical examiner needs to examine the remains and LE needs to process the scene to be able to say there was no violence and nobody else involved.

I agree with you that LE does not release official COD until the ME has made their determination. However, lots of cases which are eventually understood to be self-harm include a LE statement to the tune of “no foul play suspected” or “we don’t believe there is any public danger at this time”.

I imagine that, in Alan’s case - it is not “obvious” to LE that this is a case of self-harm. Perhaps that is because of the condition of his remains do not show signs of anything, perhaps this is because there is other evidence of foul play, perhaps something else.

My own theory is not self-harm, in this case

I just don't see self-harm as likely.
It could be the car was spotless because he was forced to leave or tricked into leaving the car and nothing took place in the car.
IMO.

Forced from the car at gunpoint is my guess. Nothing but a guess. This just feels like it will pan out to be an execution-style murder. Hunches + MOO.

Last edited:
If he committed suicide, why would he leave the car a distance away and walk through unsafe neighborhood? Why would he care if he was found quickly? It would have been too late. In that location, he would have been found eventually.

In another scenario that he went to meet someone in the woods or nearby, I still don't see why his car wasn't supposed to be there. That wasn't his neighborhood and it's not likely that someone that knew him would notice his car. They would sooner notice him walking.

My speculation. Possible causes from least to most likely:

medical event
suicide
premeditated murder
random carjacking & murder

RSBM.

I disagree. I often pull my car over in order to send a text, make a note, enter an item on my calendar, check the financial markets, scan a receipt, check my email, place a grocery item on order lest I forget, check the weather ... the list is endless really.

I see others doing this as well, all day long.

Yes, totally agree with you.

My apologies if this one has already been posted.

Body of KPMG executive, 55, is found in wooded area seven months after he went missing | Daily Mail Online

"His body was found on Thursday less than a mile from where his car had been located in late October.

Dallas police said that a survey crew working for Paul Quinn College found human remains in a wooded area to the northwest of the southeast Oak Cliff campus about 12:30pm on Thursday.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner confirmed the identity on Friday. The cause of death is still undetermined, and it is unclear how long White's remains had been there."

Just saw the news, how terrible. Considering where he was found, a part of town with a very high crime rate, I imagine this was a case of "no good deed goes unpunished". He probably was just being a nice guy and offered his killer a ride. Condolences to his family and husband.

Maybe the car has some clues now knowing where the body was found. Does the mud on the tires match dirt near the area of the body? Assuming windows and sunroof are closed yet seats were wet then car wasn’t abandoned the morning he disappeared because it didn’t rain.

Oh Man !!! Just popped in here real quick to see if any updates and saw the "Found Deceased" next to his name on the heading.
UGH !!!

I think we all knew it already, but still....it hits you in the gut when you see the title changed to that.

Off to catch up to see where he was found and any info about it.

I am so sorry for his family, husband and friends.

This is just a thought...

From viewing the map so generously provided by Itsrak (above post up this page) ...
I see there is a chapel on the edge of the woods where Alan was found...

Could he have been in the habit of visiting the chapel in the early mornings for prayer/meditation/etc.?

Here, in Australia, even quite early on, if it's a suicide, listed below are links to groups like Beyond Blue, Lifeline etc.

Sometimes I never did see anywhere where the Police actually came out and said it. Maybe it's an LE way of being a bit more sensitive to the
family ?

I believe that or similiar language is used in relation to suicides, but they may not know yet.

I still believe he was carjacked, perhaps he was stalling at the front of the gas station because someone was checking out his car or made him uncomfortable and he was waiting to return to it.
BBM
Hmmm... now I wonder if that is why he walked into the gas station for a few seconds, did NOT buy anything and then walked out.
Maybe if someone OUTSIDE made him Uncomfortable or possibly said or yelled something to him, he went inside to wait to be sure they left.
But he knew he couldn't "Linger" inside too long as he had his meeting he had to get home to so maybe he just decided, the heck with it, and went back out to his car so he could get home.
And maybe someone followed him or confronted him then.

Of course, then we need to figure out how they got from point A to point B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth