GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine waking on Mother's Day only to find my precious daughter missing. Then, as the day progressed, my child's found dead. My sincerest condolences are extended to the Bailey family.

** Sensitive content warning **
This is a crime of premeditated murder, jmho. I'm not sure what the motive was but there have been theories posted here that are probable.

Students are not allowed to carry weapons to school so this guy didn't typically keep a knife in his pocket. Carrying the knife shows intent. Bludgeoning her with sharp instrument trauma multiple times indicates a person with rage issues.

The ME will know if the knife injuries were inflicted after the head injury. Since I didn't see any large or small rocks in the area where this child was found, it's likely he smashed her head against a tree especially since the head injury was noticeable and obvious.

I support him being tried as an adult even if it means he receives life. In determining whether or not he'll be tried as an adult, his juvenile record, if one exists, will be taken into consideration.

Means, Motive, and Opportunity must be proven. The means was the weapon used, ie the knife. The opportunity is CCTV shows them walking down the street together after midnight. Maybe we'll learn the motive before trial but I understand he is not cooperating with LEO, probably following his attorney's advice.

I actually would fall on the other side that he is so young, 8th grade, that he should receive all the rehabilitation and therapy possible while incarcerated or inpatient due to public safety. His case should not be about punishment, within whatever FL needs to do according to their laws as adult or juvenile.

I find it odd how the public wants to throw away the key on boys while giving a velvet glove to murderous girls. All JMO.

With all due respect, I didn't say anything about throwing away the key. I am also not objecting to therapy or rehabilitation. How much of that exists in prisons these days, I don't know, so that's a whole other topic.

But I humbly disagree about punishment. This act in my opinion deserves punishment and justice should be maximum for brutally butchering this girl.

Students are not allowed to carry weapons to school so this guy didn't typically keep a knife in his pocket. Carrying the knife shows intent. Bludgeoning her with sharp instrument trauma multiple times indicates a person with rage issues.
Snipped by me....

This tragedy happened at 2:00 am during a weekend. Respectfully, school policy has no bearing on whether or not he usually carried a knife outside of school hours and off school property.

Generally speaking, girls ARE mean to each other. I was mean to other girls and other girls were mean to me, it would eventually be fine and we would be friends again but you get my point.
<SBM>

I taught 8th grade for 25 years in Coney Island, Brooklyn. Also, I'm a mom and grandma. I'll just give my opinion based on a lifetime with this age group; obviously, this is all JMO.

Girls and boys alike can be mean to each other. Girls and boys alike can get into physical fights. Typically, though, girls are MUCH meaner to each other than are boys. If there's a group of mean girls in a class (and there always is), the girls will make an effort to hurt the less popular girls. They will studiously avoid the unpopular girls, they will absolutely freeze them out and let them know it, they will make sure they stare and whisper and giggle at the outsider girls. They will make cutting remarks that are designed to be overheard. They will pile their coats or book bags on the lunchroom chairs so no one else can sit with them. They will let the less popular girls know that they look wrong, are dressed wrong, and aren't pretty.

When boys dislike each other, they mainly just don't interact. They typically do NOT stand in a bunch and make disparaging remarks. They just don't bother.

In physical fights, which sometimes we have to break up but most often happen after dismissal, the girls occasionally will fight, removing their earrings, pulling each other's hair and trying to rip off the other girl's shirt. It is boys, though, who much more frequently engage in actual fistfights. This is the usual punching, ripping off their belts to whip each other, knock each other to the ground and pummel them kind of stuff.

I don't really recall any times that we've had to call in the police to break up a girl fight. We get the parents involved to try to discourage the bullying. For boy fights, we have had to call the police. These boys are often taller than the adults and plenty strong.

Finally, although they are 8th graders and just aged 13 or 14, they do know right from wrong. It's true they do not have the impulse control and longer-range view that we have as adults. They ABSOLUTELY know that stabbing a friend to death is off-the-charts wrong. In 25 years, 150 students a year, there have only been a very few whose violence I could see escalating in such a way. They get mental health intervention and if incorrigible, are sent to schools that specialize in violently inclined students.

I say all this to say that IMO, even as a juvenile, AF displayed sociopathic behavior which is atypical for this age group. He needs counseling but should definitely be sentenced as an adult. I would like to see him released from prison when Trstyn comes home, which, heartbreakingly, is never.

MOO

I strongly disagree, as do many others. When convicted, he deserves is every ounce of punishment.
I totally agree with you. He is certainly old enough to know right from wrong and also to know that death is forever, and he was killing this girl. I think he had a longstanding rage against her for whatever reason, I don't know. But, he deserves the harshest punishment he can receive. MOO. Katt

<SBM>

I taught 8th grade for 25 years in Coney Island, Brooklyn. Also, I'm a mom and grandma. I'll just give my opinion based on a lifetime with this age group; obviously, this is all JMO.

Girls and boys alike can be mean to each other. Girls and boys alike can get into physical fights. Typically, though, girls are MUCH meaner to each other than are boys. If there's a group of mean girls in a class (and there always is), the girls will make an effort to hurt the less popular girls. They will studiously avoid the unpopular girls, they will absolutely freeze them out and let them know it, they will make sure they stare and whisper and giggle at the outsider girls. They will make cutting remarks that are designed to be overheard. They will pile their coats or book bags on the lunchroom chairs so no one else can sit with them. They will let the less popular girls know that they look wrong, are dressed wrong, and aren't pretty.

When boys dislike each other, they mainly just don't interact. They typically do NOT stand in a bunch and make disparaging remarks. They just don't bother.

In physical fights, which sometimes we have to break up but most often happen after dismissal, the girls occasionally will fight, removing their earrings, pulling each other's hair and trying to rip off the other girl's shirt. It is boys, though, who much more frequently engage in actual fistfights. This is the usual punching, ripping off their belts to whip each other, knock each other to the ground and pummel them kind of stuff.

I don't really recall any times that we've had to call in the police to break up a girl fight. We get the parents involved to try to discourage the bullying. For boy fights, we have had to call the police. These boys are often taller than the adults and plenty strong.

Finally, although they are 8th graders and just aged 13 or 14, they do know right from wrong. It's true they do not have the impulse control and longer-range view that we have as adults. They ABSOLUTELY know that stabbing a friend to death is off-the-charts wrong. In 25 years, 150 students a year, there have only been a very few whose violence I could see escalating in such a way. They get mental health intervention and if incorrigible, are sent to schools that specialize in violently inclined students.

I say all this to say that IMO, even as a juvenile, AF displayed sociopathic behavior which is atypical for this age group. He needs counseling but should definitely be sentenced as an adult. I would like to see him released from prison when Trstyn comes home, which, heartbreakingly, is never.

MOO
Thank you for sharing! I agree, boys are mean to each other, girls are mean to each other. Usually, boys do get more violent, girls do get violent too, but generally speaking boys just get way more carried away and go crazy. I have no idea why though. And again, I don’t believe boys murdering girls is more serious than girls murdering girls. It’s just... different? Generally speaking.

Snipped by me....

This tragedy happened at 2:00 am during a weekend. Respectfully, school policy has no bearing on whether or not he usually carried a knife outside of school hours and off school property.

This proves my point, doesn't it? AF could not carry a knife for the most part of the day due to attending school but he made certain to carry one when engaging with Tristyn after midnight on Mother's Day weekend.

Young men may use a pocket knife in order to whittle as many guys, esp. scouts, enjoy doing. A pocket knife is handy when cutting fishing line, etc when fishing. I think AF carried a knife hoping it would prove he's got street cred in order to instill fear.

ATT, we don't know if it was a common pocket knife, an illegal knife or a buck knife kept in a sheath nor are we privy to where and how he acquired this deadly weapon.

FL Law:
It is unlawful to conceal carry any knife except a common pocketknife. Knives may be carried openly subject to location-based restrictions. A holder of a 790.06. License to carry concealed weapon or firearm, or a license issued by a state with Florida reciprocity, may carry a concealed knife.
Florida Knife Laws | American Knife and Tool Institute

<SBM>

MOO
Would you mind giving examples of the previous displays of sociopathic behavior by AF.

Thank you for sharing! I agree, boys are mean to each other, girls are mean to each other. Usually, boys do get more violent, girls do get violent too, but generally speaking boys just get way more carried away and go crazy. I have no idea why though. And again, I don’t believe boys murdering girls is more serious than girls murdering girls. It’s just... different? Generally speaking.
girls do the physiological violence more and its just as deadly if not worse.. the girls who targeted me used all tactics ending with sending boys to attack me and tarnish my reputation

Would you mind giving examples of the previous displays of sociopathic behavior by AF.

Hi, @Crimescenetape. I see you are responding to my last paragraph. Perhaps I should have said "even for a juvenile," rather than "even as a juvenile," because I can see how my meaning was misconstrued. I am in NYC and this is where I taught 8th grade. AF is in Florida and I have no knowledge of him prior to this.

I meant in general terms that this is sociopathic behavior, even for someone at the impulsive age of fourteen.

I wonder if AF has cuts on his fingers or hands as that is typical in stabbings with a knife. Could anyone see his fingers well enough in the photo of him from the police car?
Having coming from a police family, blood is slippery. Quote often when it is multiple stab wounds, the knife slips and the perpetrator cuts themselves in the process.

I wonder if AF has cuts on his fingers or hands as that is typical in stabbings with a knife. Could anyone see his fingers well enough in the photo of him from the police car?

Valid point and I don't know the answer. LE has suggested he slaughtered her. You'd think he'd be cut up all over his hands and fingers.

The act of deliberately stabbing someone to death might be considered sociopathic behavior, as well as not showing any emotion afterwards. Imo
There is a phenomenon called the Macdonald Triad that seems to be a common denominator among many violent offenders no matter their age. Bedwetting. Torture of animals. Fire starting. My question was along these lines. I don't believe everyone who commits murder has Antisocial Personality Disorder. I also don't know what kind of emotional response you are expecting from a kid attending a Zoom Court Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge