Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting my own post, or maybe the bike wasn’t laying there all day. Maybe BM took the bike with him to Broomfield, arrived home earlier than 9pm, and planted the bike closer to time he had the neighbor call LE.
I’m sure LE knows all these details based off phone pings, camera surveillance etc., but it is something I’ve wondered and thought a lot about. The bike, the bike, that darned bike.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

I do not think he would have risked planting it after returning from Bloomfield.
I really think he did not expect to be prevented from entering his home and his stories not to be believed. I think he really thought it would just be him and his fire fighting buddies out searching with a few local LE.

Is there anyone that could answer this question.

Would the defense be able to request the judge keep the arrest affidavit sealed? And if so why would the judge agree to this?

I hope the media will be requesting it be released to the public.he

Defense files motion to block release of Barry Morphew affidavit | FOX21 News Colorado
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The defense team for Barry Morphew is asking a judge to keep the affidavit related to his arrest for allegedly killing his wife Suzanne sealed for another two weeks.

Barry was arrested on murder charges on May 5 and appeared in court the following day. The judge initially ordered that the affidavit remain sealed until at least May 13, and since then the defense has filed a motion to keep the affidavit closed for an additional two weeks until May 27.

Yes - and they just did that. They are able to file it and they did.

But the Judge is very unlikely to rule in their favor, as we have public courts in the United States and freedom of the press. Both the prosecution and the press are likely to oppose the motion. The judge could redact some things, but it is virtually impossible to suppress the whole affidavit. If there were innocent parties who might be harmed due to be witnesses and there being evidence presented that some people might harm them, then their sections of the affidavit might be redacted - but not the whole thing.

In the US, when a defendant appears in Court to face charges and enter a plea, both the defendant and the Court are supposed to know what the charges are, and the Court represents...all of us.

I'm sure the media had requests ready to file, and I'm guessing the prosecution has no objection to it being released...

If he had any smarts at all he would have feigned grief all night and then someone would have found the bike the next day and he could have maybe gotten a little more sympathy from LE.
If the 26-second video was any indication of how he'd feign grief, it wouldn't have worked. Scrunched up forehead, head shaking back and forth, "Oh Suzanne." All recorded in front of the Aspens and in the vicinity of a running river. It was like watching an actor demonstrate how much they are suffering from their constipation in a laxative commercial.

I cannot tell you how much I’ve thought about this. He dumps the bike down a ravine around 5am or shortly thereafter on his way to Broomfield, and based on pics posted here, the area the bike was found is near/not too far from a popular hiking trail. How could he be sure no one would find that bike before he wanted it to be found. Anyone that ventured off the hiking trail for whatever reason, to relieve themselves, hunting for treasures etc., a lot of people are known to do that, including my husband lol, when we hike up in the White Mountains.
Anyone not looking for it could’ve stumbled across the bike laying there, stolen it or reported to LE about finding an abandoned bike. Even if he expected the daughters to arrive sooner than they did, the bike would’ve still been laying there a good chunk of the day and no guarantee no one would find it. If I were BM I would have been nervous as he!! someone would find the bike before I wanted it to be found. I suppose if it had happened that someone stole it, he’d have found out when he got back to town Sunday night, and I suppose would’ve pushed the abduction scenario even harder, with the assumption being abductors threw Suzanne and her bike in vehicle before taking off.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Also MOO the bike itself is going to expose lot.
Direction of scratches will reveal the intensity of forces that were exerted on the bike.
Was it thrown, or did it roll forward and downward with weight.
And if the bike was positioned in early morning a unique condensation and drying pattern might be found that could only occur if bike was in position in the temperatures of very early morningng.
Also possibly the dried condensation also could reveal material content in it, like pollen or dirt particles that are specific to that ravine to further fix the time the bike arrived in the ravine.

If the 26-second video was any indication of how he'd feign grief, it wouldn't have worked. Scrunched up forehead, head shaking back and forth, "Oh Suzanne." All recorded in front of the Aspens and in the vicinity of a running river. It was like watching an actor demonstrate how much they are suffering from their constipation in a laxative commercial.
:D:p Belly laugh.

Lol!!

Ebm - I wanted to snip last sentence and it wouldn't let me.

Laxative is fitting considering his initials - imo

Is there anyone that could answer this question.

Would the defense be able to request the judge keep the arrest affidavit sealed? And if so why would the judge agree to this?

I hope the media will be requesting it be released to the public.

Defense files motion to block release of Barry Morphew affidavit | FOX21 News Colorado
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The defense team for Barry Morphew is asking a judge to keep the affidavit related to his arrest for allegedly killing his wife Suzanne sealed for another two weeks.

Barry was arrested on murder charges on May 5 and appeared in court the following day. The judge initially ordered that the affidavit remain sealed until at least May 13, and since then the defense has filed a motion to keep the affidavit closed for an additional two weeks until May 27.
MOO Its just standard DDD, delay, deflect, deny.

Good evening,

First time poster here but started reading about this case on websleuths last May. Stopped after a couple of months given the lack of progress, but admire those of you who stuck with it--so much great info and interesting opinions. I now look forward to following/contributing as this case unfolds. Truly hope justice is served.

On a side note, my first time poster question is what do the acronyms like BBM/DBM/EBM stand for?

Thanks very much.

I still get mad when I see that video. "Oh, Suzanne...."

Ugh.

Oh, Barry. What have you done?

Good evening,

First time poster here but started reading about this case on websleuths last May. Stopped after a couple of months given the lack of progress, but admire those of you who stuck with it--so much great info and interesting opinions. I now look forward to following/contributing as this case unfolds. Truly hope justice is served.

On a side note, my first time poster question is what do the acronyms like BBM/DBM/EBM stand for?

Thanks very much.

Websleuths Lingo

I hope this link works/helps

Yes - and they just did that. They are able to file it and they did.

But the Judge is very unlikely to rule in their favor, as we have public courts in the United States and freedom of the press. Both the prosecution and the press are likely to oppose the motion. The judge could redact some things, but it is virtually impossible to suppress the whole affidavit. If there were innocent parties who might be harmed due to be witnesses and there being evidence presented that some people might harm them, then their sections of the affidavit might be redacted - but not the whole thing.

In the US, when a defendant appears in Court to face charges and enter a plea, both the defendant and the Court are supposed to know what the charges are, and the Court represents...all of us.

I'm sure the media had requests ready to file, and I'm guessing the prosecution has no objection to it being released...

Thanks for replying. On the 27th May at the next court appearance..if BM has a new lawyer.. could that affect the release? Another question. If BM pleads guilty..will all the details of the evidence still be released?

Hahahahaha. Bolded has me in stitches! Perfect! :)

This is an aside, but in that article you posted I noticed and it reminded me. That photograph of SM in her blue helmet. She has a bluetooth earpiece/microphone. I wonder if that was found at the house. If she went out riding on Mother's Day and the girls were on the road with BM out of town, I'd have expected her to wear it in case they called. I'm a mom and I'd want to be reachable under those conditions.

ETA: So, if her phone disappeared and the earpiece/microphone were still at home, that'd be weird.
It could have been one of the items they found on the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member