TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the walking trail be between the address the FBI is currently searching and the street the poor child was found? I am beyond shocked, heartbroken, and enraged. I hope we get more info about what occurred and if this *** is indeed guilty of stabbing this little boy I think he should get the death penalty to end his evil life. I am beyond caring about this pathetic excuse of a human being; if he is guilty, of course. I'm beyond caring about any of these child murders. They need to go. moo
I can’t go with DP for a child murderer, but have zero prob with LWOP or tossing the proverbial keys. I don’t see that as revenge as someone suggested earlier, but justice & safety for the rest of us. I certainly wouldn’t be ok with a “rehabilitated” version of this boy in my neighborhood. Or city. Or state. Imho

My brain cannot except what I'm reading right now. There must be something, lots of things, missing from this story. A toddler is found dead in the street, someone was seen running into the woods, a relative came out and saw the little body then went home...nope, cannot except this right now. I mean just lying in the street? Nope..can't

i keep reading and re-reading because it’s nothing making any sense to me.

I haven't seen that info yet.
If anyone wants to help dive into this, please do. I went as far as I could. But apparently Dallas Open Data tracked an arrest of the same individual at or from the same address of the crime scene being searched on Florina pkwy (as per MSM video of the search and house number).

i did try web archive of the link and it had not been archived. But based on all the Dallas documents I have reviewed today, there are many reasons to believe this FEB 8? Arrest would be of interest.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this hurts my heart. Poor little boy.

From WFAA reporter @malinibasu_ on Twitter-

This 4y/o boy was found murdered on Saturday am on Saddlerige drive in the Mountain Creek Area in Dallas.

Mom identifies him as Cash Gernon. She says, “Cash was sleeping when he was kidnapped.”

Cash has a twin brother, who mom says, is in state custody now.

Pray for Cash

18y/o Darriynn Brown was arrested by @DallasPD & @FBIDallas on kidnapping, & theft charges.

Authorities say, Brown had an ankle monitoring bracelet on for a prior charge.

Charges at expected to be upgraded.
@wfaa

<mod edit: adding link https://twitter.com/MaliniBasu_/status/1394094072462290944?s=20 >

Attachments

• 29A39596-26BE-4C9F-BE62-5F16674100AF.jpeg
    29A39596-26BE-4C9F-BE62-5F16674100AF.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:

This 4y/o boy was found murdered on Saturday am on Saddlerige drive in the Mountain Creek Area in Dallas.

Mom identifies him as Cash Gernon. She says, “Cash was sleeping when he was kidnapped.”

Pray for Cash

18y/o Darriynn Brown was arrested by @DallasPD & @FBIDallas on kidnapping, & theft charges.

@wfaa
Kidnapped from his bed and stabbed to death on a park trail? :(

The suspect is only 18? Luckily he has an ankle bracelet, maybe that's why he was arrested so quickly?

I am so curious about the info from @MoeInVA about the arrest on Feb 8th. Could this be connected? Revenge of some kind, for turning him in for burglary or something?

Pray for Cash

@wfaa

Heartbreaking! So very heartbreaking! I can't comprehend this.

RIP Cash! You deserved so much better!!!

Kidnapped from his bed and stabbed to death on a park trail? :(

The suspect is only 18? Luckily he has an ankle bracelet, maybe that's why he was arrested so quickly?

I am so curious about the info from @MoeInVA about the arrest on Feb 8th. Could this be connected? Revenge of some kind, for turning him in for burglary or something?

I have questions as well...

Why doesn’t Darriynn have a charge for breaking & entering or burglary?
Was he already in the home?
And yes, what’s the ankle monitor about?

I searched for info on the February case. I had been able to search Dallas County criminal court records by name in the past.
Only search option now is by case number.

oh ok ... poor writing
but the relative came and looked at the body after police were there? and then went back in their house?
They are saying time of death around 5:30, jogger saw the body around 6:30, I assume the police woke up the relative of the boy when they were canvassing the neighborhood.
The way it’s written that the relative came and looked at the body and returned home leaves a lot open to interpretation but they probably identified the body after police woke them up and they realized their child wasn’t in bed.
Just because the emotional state of the relative isn’t written doesn’t mean they were emotionless although it’s easy to read it that way.
jmo
Edited to add, I prefer to assume a victim (the relative) is not guilty until authorities say otherwise.

“Lila Gilbert, 18, lives just down the road from where the boy was found. She said she and her family woke up at 8 a.m. to police asking if they were missing a 4-year-old child from their home.”

“Later in the morning, Gilbert said, she saw a relative of the boy come out and look at the body before returning to their home close by.”
Man arrested after slaying of 4-year-old boy found dead on street in Mountain Creek area, Dallas police say

They are saying time of death around 5:30, jogger saw the body around 6:30, I assume the police woke up the relative of the boy when they were canvassing the neighborhood.
The way it’s written that the relative came and looked at the body and returned home leaves a lot open to interpretation but they probably identified the body after police woke them up and they realized their child wasn’t in bed.
Just because the emotional state of the relative isn’t written doesn’t mean they were emotionless although it’s easy to read it that way.
jmo
Edited to add, I prefer to assume a victim (the relative) is not guilty until authorities say otherwise.

“Lila Gilbert, 18, lives just down the road from where the boy was found. She said she and her family woke up at 8 a.m. to police asking if they were missing a 4-year-old child from their home.”

“Later in the morning, Gilbert said, she saw a relative of the boy come out and look at the body before returning to their home close by.”
Man arrested after slaying of 4-year-old boy found dead on street in Mountain Creek area, Dallas police say
Seems to be a lot left out of that. The police would not have left the body there for just anyone to come and look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288