TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been wondering about the phone. If you were alone on a cold dark night and ended up in a ditch, seems like first thing would be to check/find your phone. His dad said in the interview he found it the next day at the tow yard in between the seat and console which made me think, maybe Jason couldn’t find it. But now I’m wondering what if the police found it that night, checked it, threw it back in the car and then during the tow process, it got bounced off the seat and wedged. If that was the case, then that would be weird that Jason took everything else from the car but not the phone. And if the interior lights in the car worked and Jason could search for it, I don’t think he would have left the car until he found his phone. And could the clothes scattered on the road be contents of his backpack and not the clothes he had on? Also, did anyone check if the car was drivable or did they just immediately assume no and tow it. I’m leaning toward a staged scene MOO
bbm.
To the responders, the situation may have appeared to be nothing more than: an impaired driver wrecks the car, can't figure out a quick way to drive off, and flees the scene of the accident to avoid police and the repercussions that come from getting caught driving drunk/high/impaired.

To the responders, the way he left his car and belongings may have further convinced them that he was planning to return once the coast was clear. Therefore, towing the vehicle was a surefire way to prevent the (possibly impaired/reckless) driver from leaving the scene of the accident. IMO
I’ve been wondering about the phone. If you were alone on a cold dark night and ended up in a ditch, seems like first thing would be to check/find your phone. His dad said in the interview he found it the next day at the tow yard in between the seat and console which made me think, maybe Jason couldn’t find it. But now I’m wondering what if the police found it that night, checked it, threw it back in the car and then during the tow process, it got bounced off the seat and wedged. If that was the case, then that would be weird that Jason took everything else from the car but not the phone. And if the interior lights in the car worked and Jason could search for it, I don’t think he would have left the car until he found his phone. And could the clothes scattered on the road be contents of his backpack and not the clothes he had on? Also, did anyone check if the car was drivable or did they just immediately assume no and tow it. I’m leaning toward a staged scene MOO
I agree, I do believe the clothes were the contents of his backpack. I think the first place I would look for my phone in my car would be there in between the seat and console. He for sure would have found it as soon as he crashed. It's more likely like you said , the LE could have thrown it back in the car . And phone landed between the seats during tow. I don't believe the car was drivable because the front tire was messed up . They could have easily done some damage to the vehicle elsewhere and staged it at sfr
I think the post you're thinking about is the one below, which was answering this question (BBM):

SimplyCass said:
I believe the driver side was locked, passenger was open. KL found the keys inside the car.

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

I believe that the use of the word 'open' meant "unlocked", but @SimplyCass could have to answer to know for sure.

I think a lot of confusion can stem from people's interpretation of words. open/unlocked, gravel road/highway just to name a few. You mean unlocked but say open (which means the same thing to that person), then someone reading it sees 'open' and thinks the door is OPEN (allowing a person to have moved through it). "Unlocked never crosses their mind because they saw 'open'. I've seen other examples but can't think of any off the top of my head.

It's kind of like the game Operator. You hear something, and by the time the statement gets to the last person, it's totally changed. Also, time seems to change how things can be remembered. I know I'm guilty of it. lol :p
Exactly , when I was in high school , I told my sister to leave the window open in our bedroom. I meant unlocked . needless to say I got caught sneaking back home from a date , with my princess curtains blowing in the wind :0

I agree, I do believe the clothes were the contents of his backpack. I think the first place I would look for my phone in my car would be there in between the seat and console. He for sure would have found it as soon as he crashed. It's more likely like you said , the LE could have thrown it back in the car . And phone landed between the seats during tow. I don't believe the car was drivable because the front tire was messed up . They could have easily done some damage to the vehicle elsewhere and staged it at sfr

:0
IMO, I don’t think anyone saw his phone in his car, picked it up, and eventually threw it back into the car where it fell between the seat and console. One reason for me thinking this is based on the info CCSO provided:

Jason’s father, the registered owner of the vehicle, entered the vehicle through the unlocked driver’s side door, and discovered Jason’s cell phone between the driver’s seat and the center console. It is unknown if the phone fell as Jason was operating the vehicle through the intersection of Austin St and Magnolia Ave. or during the collision.

Is it possible that Jason just wanted to disappear and start a new life? When I was in my 20s, I felt trapped between an abusive family and an abusive husband. My life was miserable, and I felt like I was in a hopeless situation. On more than one occasion, I sat on my closet floor and tried to figure out how I could disappear and never be found. The only reason I didn't do it was because I didn't have enough money.

We never know what goes on in the homes of others.

Apologies if I'm mentioning things everyone's been through before, but I think the car was left, just as though he'd just crashed and got out the vehicle to check the damage.

What puzzles me most is that his watch was placed underneath his tshirt, then his shoes etc all apparently found neatly on the ground. In the opposite direction are the other items. It was apparently a new moon and essentially pitch black. How could you lay your clothes and possessions neatly on the ground, with small gaps in between in complete darkness? These items were quite a distance away, so I suppose car lights may have worked. Were the lights damaged at all?

I'd like to know if his family and friends were able to comment on whether this is how he usually got dressed. Did he usually chuck all his clothes on the bed, or get items out one at a time, or did he create neat piles of clothes as seen in this incident?

Maybe it's OCD. I would have possibly expected in this instance for the piles to run as per getting dressed, so maybe underwear first, then his tshirt, then his trousers, his belt, his shoes then watch, or similar to that. He may have had a different order of getting dressed, (linked to OCD) as reflected in the order of the items laid on the ground. Putting on his watch after he's put on his tshirt makes sense too. The toiletries were found with the other items, which possibly messes this theory up, but I'd be interested to know if he was one of usually men, who use deodorant after getting dressed, by just pulling their tshirt up.

Once dressed, he'd collect any items he needed depending on his plans for the day. For example I get dressed in the bathroom or bedroom, then head downstairs and collect my handbag and any other things such as shopping bags, basically anything I need and then I leave my home. This may account for the other items having been left in a different location. Again (and I apologise for possibly over labouring this point), this would make absolute sense if he had OCD or even anxiety. Routines are comforting.

It may be entirely irrelevant, but I would like to know if anything does ring a bell. It would possibly aid the determining of his mindset.

Apologies if I'm mentioning things everyone's been through before, but I think the car was left, just as though he'd just crashed and got out the vehicle to check the damage.

What puzzles me most is that his watch was placed underneath his tshirt, then his shoes etc all apparently found neatly on the ground. In the opposite direction are the other items. It was apparently a new moon and essentially pitch black. How could you lay your clothes and possessions neatly on the ground, with small gaps in between in complete darkness? These items were quite a distance away, so I suppose car lights may have worked. Were the lights damaged at all?

I'd like to know if his family and friends were able to comment on whether this is how he usually got dressed. Did he usually chuck all his clothes on the bed, or get items out one at a time, or did he create neat piles of clothes as seen in this incident?

Maybe it's OCD. I would have possibly expected in this instance for the piles to run as per getting dressed, so maybe underwear first, then his tshirt, then his trousers, his belt, his shoes then watch, or similar to that. He may have had a different order of getting dressed, (linked to OCD) as reflected in the order of the items laid on the ground. Putting on his watch after he's put on his tshirt makes sense too. The toiletries were found with the other items, which possibly messes this theory up, but I'd be interested to know if he was one of usually men, who use deodorant after getting dressed, by just pulling their tshirt up.

Once dressed, he'd collect any items he needed depending on his plans for the day. For example I get dressed in the bathroom or bedroom, then head downstairs and collect my handbag and any other things such as shopping bags, basically anything I need and then I leave my home. This may account for the other items having been left in a different location. Again (and I apologise for possibly over labouring this point), this would make absolute sense if he had OCD or even anxiety. Routines are comforting.

It may be entirely irrelevant, but I would like to know if anything does ring a bell. It would possibly aid the determining of his mindset.

I don't recall hearing that he left 'neat piles' of clothing. The watch was under a shirt, I believe it was, straps laid out flat. Most feel it was placed that way purposely, I don't feel it had to have been placed that way. I feel it could have been dropped and fell that way. I say that because I can't even begin to tell you the number of things I've dropped that have landed in odd ways. Ways that most would feel wouldn't happen, or if they did, rarely. Yet these things weren't rare to me, they were more the norm. I found these instances so interesting that I would send a note to a friend, sometimes with a picture, saying... look how such and such fell. Once I dropped a 8.5 x 11" piece of paper in a parking lot and it fell on its edge, and STAYED that way until I stopped laughing about it and picked it up. I was shocked, but mostly because it felt like yet again something I dropped landed in an odd way. There got to be so many of these odd instances that I stopped emailing my friend about them. It became like a normal occurrence for me.

So I'm not ruling out that they could have fallen that way.

That's odd. The time limit starts 1 month from now (6/17) and ends 8/1. Why not start immediately? Especially since the incident happened 5 months ago. I guess better late than never. And why end it or is that normal for rewards to have an end date?

IMO, the future date is maybe to give Jason the opportunity to come home before the award is activated and someone gives up his location.

His family must believe he’s alive. IMO

IOC. I hadn't thought of that. :) Wow! Wouldn't THAT be awesome!?!?!?

That’s just a guess. I truly hope they have solid information to believe he’s alive. Like all of you, I want this kid to be ok.

Did the reward say who to contact with information (I didn’t see it)? This is where I really worry about a family be exploited, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they haven’t been contacted already with false information in the hopes of receiving money, even before this 10k was posted. IMO

The write up reads just like an attorney drew it up and his father was a prosecutor for many years before becoming a pastor. That makes good common sense to me, to minimize if possible unscrupulous people from responding.

Glad the date was corrected. I was confused! I like that there’s an end date—maybe to get someone to come forward sooner than later. I can see someone waiting for the reward to keep increasing. Sure hope this works!

Glad the date was corrected. I was confused! I like that there’s an end date—maybe to get someone to come forward sooner than later. I can see someone waiting for the reward to keep increasing. Sure hope this works!

Yeah, I was like... what the heck? Why would they wait a full month when it's already been 5!

This reward seems to me to target a person or persons or group that is already on their radar. Otherwise, how could they be sure that the information about this reward would be spread far and wide enough in just three months to make a difference? MOO MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave