Viable suspect: Damien Echols

and as we all know, the judicial system doesn't always get it right

True. That's why it is important to have watchdog groups like the Innocence Project who intervene for the wrongly convicted. And as far as the West Memphis Three are concerned, the Innocence Project did absolutely nothing. Interesting, yes?

<modsnip> The point of the post I made about Jesse was that Jesse, despite being not too bright, demonstrated morals, of a sort, something Damien was incapable of. As for them getting on with their lives, of course they should and they have. <modsnip>.
why do you assume Damien had no morals? I’m genuinely curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
True. That's why it is important to have watchdog groups like the Innocence Project who intervene for the wrongly convicted. And as far as the West Memphis Three are concerned, the Innocence Project did absolutely nothing. Interesting, yes?
not sure what they could've done with the very, very limited amount of DNA evidence available in this case

<modsnip>
His own perception of himself is very alarming.
There is no possibility that these things said about him are untrue.
His own parents lived a nightmare and were petrified of him. His mother moved him to Oregon to give him a fresh start but it backfired.
They tried very hard to get Damien the mental help he needed.

Damien Echols is a very dangerous immoral deluded individual capable of exactly what transpired.

If you haven't read the report it in its entirety please do.
It is a public record and easy to locate.
( I don't think I am allowed to link from the Callahan files)

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Your perception of my thinking is erroneous. The point of the post I made about Jesse was that Jesse, despite being not too bright, demonstrated morals, of a sort, something Damien was incapable of. As for them getting on with their lives, of course they should and they have. You should too. My opinion only.
Evagreen have you read Damiens mental health report?
word for word??
His own perception of himself is very alarming.
There is no possibility that these things said about him are untrue.
His own parents lived a nightmare and were petrified of him. His mother moved him to Oregon to give him a fresh start but it backfired.
They tried very hard to get Damien the mental help he needed.

Damien Echols is a very dangerous immoral deluded individual capable of exactly what transpired.

If you haven't read the report it in its entirety please do.
It is a public record and easy to locate.
( I don't think I am allowed to link from the Callahan files)
Oh I’m aware of his mental health issues. But there’s a distinction between severe mental illness and a criminal or non criminal with no morals.

moo[/QUOTE.

Based on his actions pre and post murder, his mental health report (I have read it), his demonstrated attitude during trial, his history of lying ... well, perhaps he does have morals, just not a lot. My opinion as you know.

Damien's own family was afraid of him (easy to find) and Echols described himself as "a homicidal, suicidal, schizophrenic, manic depressive, sociopath". That's HIS description. I don't see moral in any of that.

To me studying the case , I believe there is a whole lot more to Damien than a mental illness.
I personally think he was and still is egotistical, cruel, smart and cunning and he plays on the mental illness card as it suits him to.

moo[/QUOTE thanks for helping me understand your POV

echols had a very troubled past, there's no denying it. but does every kid with a troubled past grow up to be a murderer? do kids with spotless upbringings never grow up to be criminals?

I think it is quite possible that a dog killer advanced to child killing. It works like that for many serial killers from what I understand. Fire starting is also a trait which Damien shared with others who went on to kill.

I think it is quite possible that a dog killer advanced to child killing. It works like that for many serial killers from what I understand. Fire starting is also a trait which Damien shared with others who went on to kill.
I agree with you about the traits of people who go on to kill.

of course it's possible. a lot of things are possible

but does killing animals and starting fires as a kid guarantee that person will become a murderer in the future? of course not

Mod Note: Thread Re-Opened

Insulting other members, and posting abusive and derogatory personal comments, is strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. Warning Points, Time-Outs and Thread Bans will be issued for those that step outside the rules. As a reminder the rules can be found here: Rules

Do you think someone who stomps a dog to death has morals? I'm genuinely curious.

I simply disagree with the idea that acts done by a very troubled kid means that the now grown man is immoral.

I simply disagree with the idea that acts done by a very troubled kid means that the now grown man is immoral.

I never said the now grown man was immoral. My post was about how Jesse, considered borderline retarded, continued to confess to the crime; that he displayed morals. My exact line: "Jesse wasn't very bright but he did display morals something no one could accuse Damien of. " I was talking about then. Not now. I truly hope that Damien Echols has matured and learned and grown into a moral, productive member of society. It's actually my wish for everybody, not just someone sidelined for nearly two decades for murdering children.

Would be dark days for a lot of the creeps that are roaming free right now.

Just wondering what information we have about this person, Lorri Davis Echols, if any?

I have to say I have always found it fascinating how people marry convicted men in jail. There's always something "odd" about them for me.

I would love to see what she writes him, because I reviewed some of his writings on the website today and I thought they were "odd" too.

Thoughts of others???
My brother is doing a capital life sentence and some years ago he was given a pen-pal by one of his bunkies. They ended up getting married. She would bring her 3 sons up to visit and they started calling him daddy right away. Anyway, to make a long story short after less than a year she was acting so crazy and psycho that my brother divorced her. That says something that the one in there for life divorced the psycho from the outside that married him....anyway just figured I would share that tidbit lol....btw, I met her once and she was very "odd" and noticeably in one meeting with her...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back