TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori’s two biological underage teenage brothers, as well as Cash’s twin 4-year-old brother, have since been removed from the home by child protective services, KXAS-TV reported. Cash’s twin brother has been reunited with their biological mother, Melinda Seagroves. Dallas 4-year-old Cash Gernon's killing: No murder charges filed, kidnapping suspect held on $1.5M bond

If they saw Cash being abducted on video and that is what prompted his charges, I wonder what prompted the removal of Sherrod's minor children from the home?

Authorities either did so out of an abundance of caution (not likely MOO CPS does nothing out of an abundance of caution). or they saw something troubling in the Sherrod residence that prompted an investigation.
bbm
I wondered that myself.

Earlier, Monica Sherrod – who was looking after Cash and his twin brother Carter when he was kidnapped – broke down in uncontrollable sobs while visiting the place he was found for the first time.

Sherrod is the ex-girlfriend of Cash’s unnamed father, who she says left the children in her care after he vanished in March.

She told Dailymail.com: ‘We were all asleep when it happened. Cash usually wakes me up but he didn’t wake me.

So, one twin would wake you up but the other one wouldn’t? Hmmm Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon's body covered in ants - T-Gate

Well here's one answer.

Sherrod said: ‘I know Darrilyn. He is the brother of a friend of my other older sons.’

Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon’s body covered in ants

Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon's body covered in ants - T-Gate

Thank you for posting this article. It is mostly pulling info together that we've already seen but there were some interesting, possibly new details (at least to me) including:

• The woman who found Baby Cash called her mom first and then 911. She wasn't sure what she was seeing and once she knew it was a child she hung up with Mom and called 911.
  • The woman who found Baby Cash screamed.
  • She said she remembers "one leg and arm out". I'm curious about this. Out of what? Was there a blanket or towel?
  • She stood guard over Cash (bless her) until paramedics arrived and even intercepted an SUV from a nearby driveway (to prevent anyone from running over Baby Cash).
  • Article confirms suspect was wearing ankle monitor.
  • Article says suspect was not known to Cash.
#JusticeforCash

Thank you for posting this article. It is mostly pulling info together that we've already seen but there were some interesting, possibly new details (at least to me) including:

• The woman who found Baby Cash called her mom first and then 911. She wasn't sure what she was seeing and once she knew it was a child she hung up with Mom and called 911.
  • The woman who found Baby Cash screamed.
  • She said she remembers "one leg and arm out". I'm curious about this. Out of what? Was there a blanket or towel?
  • She stood guard over Cash (bless her) until paramedics arrived and even intercepted an SUV from a nearby driveway (to prevent anyone from running over Baby Cash).
  • Article confirms suspect was wearing ankle monitor.
  • Article says suspect was not known to Cash.
#JusticeforCash
Very touching that the woman remained with Cash until authorities arrived.

Earlier, Monica Sherrod – who was looking after Cash and his twin brother Carter when he was kidnapped – broke down in uncontrollable sobs while visiting the place he was found for the first time.

Sherrod is the ex-girlfriend of Cash’s unnamed father, who she says left the children in her care after he vanished in March.

She told Dailymail.com: ‘We were all asleep when it happened. Cash usually wakes me up but he didn’t wake me.

So, one twin would wake you up but the other one wouldn’t? Hmmm Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon's body covered in ants - T-Gate
Agreed.
What an odd thing to say.
Wakes her up if there's an intruder in the house who shouldn't be there ?
Wakes her up as in the morning, to get up ?
Wakes her in the afternoon as in taking a nap ?

Still not sure that the suspect was unknown to the homeowners; even though Sherrod said she didn't know who he was.
Imo.

If they saw Cash being abducted on video and that is what prompted his charges, I wonder what prompted the removal of Sherrod's minor children from the home?

RSBM You're certainly right about all the moving pieces. It's hard keeping it all straight, but this (bolded) caught my eye and made me wonder if it's the obvious matter that there is a clear safety issue for minor children in that home, under the care of the adult there. LE did the same in the Orrin and Orson West case - the other 4 brothers all removed from the parents care, after those 2 mysteriously went missing under the adult's care.

Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member