Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if investigators think the gun was used in the crime or if he was just charged with possessing it.
The AA will spell out more details about how, when and where on Suzanne’s murder. I don’t think we know if the weapon was used. It could have been. I’d just be guessing at this point. MOO

What are survivor benefits? That is not an expression I am familiar with.

Social Security survivor benefits.... for 18 yrs or younger surviving children.
If a parent died after having worked long enough in a job where they paid Social Security taxes....the surviving child can get up to half of said parent’s earned benefits . The other Morphew Daughter may qualify too if she’s still a student.

MOO

Correct any *one* of those things could have happened—perhaps more (but not necessarily so).
Thank you. I remember in the Watts case a member said it didn't make a difference that he dumped his daughter's bodies in oil tanks since they were already dead.

It does make a difference to me, though. Desecrating a body adds another level of disrespect and indifference.

I'm sure Suzanne's family would want her body to be in one piece. I hope one day they will be able to give her a proper burial.

What are survivor benefits? That is not an expression I am familiar with.

This will explain more... keep in mind, she needs to be declared legally dead though through a different court than the criminal proceedings. MOO

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf

Within a family, a child can receive up to half of the parent's full retirement or disability benefit. If a child receives survivors benefits, they can get up to 75 percent of the deceased parent's basic Social Security benefit. There is a limit, however, to the amount of money that we can pay to a family..................

#3 Any thoughts on why this specific charge is not listed on more murder cases? I’m thinking most people lie to authorities when being investigated for murder. I’m confused by this one. IMO
Yeah, that's sort of mystifying to me. It basically seems like a perjury charge when it's used this way. I'd guess it's not used more often because it seems like a very minor charge when compared to murder/tampering with a body/tampering with evidence. But there are a couple of those in this complaint (assuming the gun isn't the murder weapon), so maybe this DA is just covering her bases and wants to make sure he gets convicted of something if he gets off on the murder charge? Or maybe she just found the whole staging of the bike ride offensive enough that she wanted to charge him with something specifically for that.

#3 Any thoughts on why this specific charge is not listed on more murder cases? I’m thinking most people lie to authorities when being investigated for murder. I’m confused by this one. IMO
I absolutely agree, it happens in most murder cases! I’m wondering what the delineation is.. it’s so puzzling to me too! :confused:

Thank you so much for posting these updates. I am still trying to pick my chin up off the floor about the eight, 8!! public servants BM is accused of trying to influence, not least of which are an FBI agent and Chief Investigator for the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office?!
This has to be true, you can’t make this stuff up and IMO, there is no way that 8 different people are lying/trying to frame BM. GMADB.
Even though this is probably the least of his worries, my god.
I mean, the entitlement, arrogance, gall, audacity, and ignorance (there are many more negative adjectives that apply, but I’ll stop there), of this “man” is absolutely astounding.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHomei
#JusticeForSuzanne

This is a great post! You worded my sentiments perfectly.

Megan Boswell was charged with something like 10 counts of lying to investigators, or giving them false information. She reportedly gave them a different story every time she spoke to them. Imo

Yeah, that's sort of mystifying to me. It basically seems like a perjury charge when it's used this way. I'd guess it's not used more often because it seems like a very minor charge when compared to murder/tampering with a body/tampering with evidence. But there are a couple of those in this complaint (assuming the gun isn't the murder weapon), so maybe this DA is just covering her bases and wants to make sure he gets convicted of something if he gets off on the murder charge? Or maybe she just found the whole staging of the bike ride offensive enough that she wanted to charge him with something specifically for that.

I like your last thought on the DA looking at the staging of the bike as being especially offensive.

When you think about it, staging the bike gave the impression of a accident (as an example) that resulted in incredible various SAR operations $$$, multi day (weeks +) searches for a presumed missing, but injured maybe even deceased woman from an outdoor biking accident. Or maybe an abduction from the bike.... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa