IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love our many differences though or else what a boring world it would be. I prefer my friends to be informed tho so we can discuss current events, by example.

My preferred habit is visiting WS and it's free! Although I'm quite willing to pay a nominal fee to get rid of the interfering videos that pop up and the ads that cover an entire page that must be clicked off.

What may be even more astonishing is so many local residents do not even know the MHB exists. Perhaps, HLN brought in a greater viewing audience for the case than other avenues. Yet, as you mentioned, so many do not watch Headline News. Cable TV in my area is buried cables so it's a bit pricey. Others may not be capable of affording cable, esp during these harsher covid-ridden times.

Don't think James Caldwell missed out on watching the last big presser, although I know it's possible that he didn't see it.

Has anyone found a TV in and among JCs images?

YES. In at least one Facebook image he appears to be in his home, I believe with his dog & there is a television. It is displaying credits to a movie/show.

I wondered that too. Looks like he was in prison.

He burgarized a business in SD in 2013 and his then-wife turned him in. He was paroled in December 2015 to Indiana.

This article helps with the SD timeline:

Man accused of Indiana child kidnapping, attempted murder has long South Dakota criminal history | KELOLAND.com
Replying to myself....

Wait. Could he have been released on parole before December 2015, but the December date is when he got permission to leave the state and go to Indiana???

IDK! Not even sure how to check that.

jmo

Article says he lived in Rapid City SD, I wonder when?

I just had a crazy thought. I wonder where he was in February of 2019 and if he could have been visiting Rapid City. There was a runaway 9 yr old (Serenity Dennard) from a Children's Home near Rapid City - the home is in the hills, very secluded, and she was last seen walking on the road. I have always had a weird feeling about it as I just don't think she would have gotten far enough to not be found by dogs or a search team in 20 degree weather. My theory was she was snatched on the road, but then I talk myself out of it because what are the chances someone that awful and impulsive happened to be driving by. But JBC is the perfect fit for that.

I know left field, but he does have a profile picture on FB of him in the SD woods.

I just had a crazy thought. I wonder where he was in February of 2019 and if he could have been visiting Rapid City. There was a runaway 9 yr old (Serenity Dennard) from a Children's Home near Rapid City - the home is in the hills, very secluded, and she was last seen walking on the road. I have always had a weird feeling about it as I just don't think she would have gotten far enough to not be found by dogs or a search team in 20 degree weather. My theory was she was snatched on the road, but then I talk myself out of it because what are the chances someone that awful and impulsive happened to be driving by. But JBC is the perfect fit for that.

I know left field, but he does have a profile picture on FB of him in the SD woods.

Yes I saw this...I was going thru unsolved cases..I was very interested to know too..she couldn't have gotten far on foot in that timespan. mOO

Is he ever going to be arraigned?
I don't know what the court schedule is but I wouldn't be surprised if they added more charges. I wondered if LE found child *advertiser censored* on his computer or phone. I haven't even heard that they searched his home.

Wouldn't they have carried out warrants by now?

This is one of the cases I’ve wondered about for JBC. I think we talked about this previously upthread.

While I have a hard time seeing JBC as BG I do hope he’s looked at for Evansdale murders and Serenity.

Last edited:
A 29 year old woman was murdered by Vermilion SD in June 2015. She was fishing by herself. Found with neck injuries, blunt force trauma and stabs. COD drowning. She had sent a Snapchat to her friends showing her fishing alone. Last anyone ever heard of her.
She died fishing on a summer day. Three years later, police still don't know who killed her.
I already connected it to the Delphi killer, before JBC appeared on the surface ....... Maybe, the connection is right, only the killer might be wrong (JBC or my poi).

Alethea said:
Is he ever going to be arraigned?

MsBetsy said:
I don't know what the court schedule is but I wouldn't be surprised if they added more charges. I wondered if LE found child *advertiser censored* on his computer or phone. I haven't even heard that they searched his home.

from my notes:
4/19/21: Arrested
4/26/21: Information Filed: Habitual offender. Probable cause affidavit filed. Notice of exclusion of confidential info. Advisement of Rights conducted.
4/27/21 Update: Order on Initial Hearing. Defendant appears in custody. Judicial Officer: Sarah M. Wyatt-MAG & DA Patrick K. Harrington. No contact order issued. Indigent Counsel appointed at County expense. Defendant’s counsel will be Shay Justin Hughes. $500K Surety & $50K cash bond. A not guilty plea was entered on Chadwell's behalf. His next hearing is set for June 10.
4/28/21: Probable cause found.
4/29/21: Motion to continue Omnibus hearing for 6/10/21 filed.
5/4/21: Motion to continue-granted. Next pretrial hearing on 7/16/21 & trial set to begin on 8/10/21.
5/10/21: Motion to amend Count 6: Battery, serious bodily injury.
5/12/21: Motion to amend Count 6-granted.
5/14/21: Discovery disclosure. Advisement of rights conducted.
5/17/21 Update: Initial hearing conducted on Amended Count 6. Jury trial originally scheduled on 8/10/21 was rescheduled to 8/17/21 @ 8:30am; reason-Court's own motion.
5/21/21: Defense filed motion for change of venue; defendant's memorandum regarding change of venue. Defendant's exhibits 1-18 filed.

Replying to myself....

Wait. Could he have been released on parole before December 2015, but the December date is when he got permission to leave the state and go to Indiana???

IDK! Not even sure how to check that.

jmo

I think that the permission to move or visit Indiana in 2015, means that he was out, and on parole. Take it as JMO, because I don't have (quick) access to the Pacer or other files, but they have been posted here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆