GUILTY FL - Girl, 11, fights off sex offender at bus stop, May 2021

Just read this story. Glad this kid fought back & wasn't abducted - it could easily have gone the other way. JPS is the worst kind of scum-bag. People like this should be put in jail for the rest of their lives and never released.

If this is later released - it's obvious he will just re-offend.

Just read this story. Glad this kid fought back & wasn't abducted - it could easily have gone the other way. JPS is the worst kind of scum-bag. People like this should be put in jail for the rest of their lives and never released.

If this ****** is later released - it's obvious he will just re-offend.

Well @Sonny Crockett, isn't Florida your territory??? Find Tubbs & take care of business.

upload_2021-5-19_19-5-4.jpeg
image from theguardian.com

This child is a hero. Agree that the awful video should be shown, and shown, and shown again. This trooper did everything right, tell, tell, tell and fight back. Brilliant!

jmho ymmv lrr

OMG :eek: that footage made my stomach turn! Absolutely shocking and terrifying! I hope the poor girl is ok and not too traumatised.
I'm hoping that in a while, but soon, she will look at this incident with pride in herself. Hoping no horrible nightmares (how could she not have them?). Also hoping her family, and probably counseling, will build her up and she will be able to walk tall. Surely, someone from LE will also make her feel pride from what she did.
That's a Big Order for an eleven year old little girl.

8f933447-9b06-41f8-8b4d-5b98431cb792-stanga.jpg

Jared Paul Stanga = suspect.

Attempted kidnapping of child, arrest of Jared Paul Stanga. What we know

Stanga was charged with attempted kidnapping of a child under age 13, aggravated assault and aggravated battery.

Stanga has a history of sexual offenses, including sexual offenses against children, according to the Sheriff's Office.

:mad::mad::mad:
Is he a RSO?
If not, hoping he will become one after he is charged and convicted.
He's a slug.

I am glad that he was captured but was not impressed with the Sheriff's Facebook posting describing the suspect as a Hispanic male. He didn't look Hispanic at all in the short video and clearly he wasn't. If there is not an easy way to determine a characteristic, it would be better not to add it or the identification of the suspect could have been delayed in this case
Things can really get mixed-up in this kind of situation...

Such a brave and intelligent young girl! She was her own hero.

Because she acted so swiftly and determinedly, thankfully she was not a victim of this monster.

Attempted kidnapping of child, arrest of Jared Paul Stanga. What we know

"Counselors to be at girl's elementary school today"
"Shenna Payne, deputy superintendent with Escambia County School District, said the district is planning to send counselors to the girl's elementary school this morning in the event any of her peers need counseling."

This dangerous decrepit predator is 30yrs old. I dont know how long he is looking at but even a 20 year sentence would put him back on the street as a relatively young man.

That is exactly what I thought. He is being charged with "Attempted Kidnapping", "aggravated assault" and "simple assault". What? 10 years? 20? Then, he is out, free. And smarter.

Scary. I wonder if this was his first attempt, or if he had kidnapped other children successfully?

Looks like Mr. Tough Guy got beat by a little girl. :p

So glad she escaped by using the skills she was taught. What a brave little tiger she is!
I'm so glad she escaped - she is obviously an on-her-toes thinker. And she did the right and brave thing by telling the school when he first bothered her. So many kids keep things to themselves, not bringing the adults into the situation.

In this case, the adults FAILED her. Her mom was by her side, not faulting the mom. But why wasn't this child taken seriously by the school when a man was bothering her at the busstop?

Because men bother girls/women and we learn to put up with it.

I'm proud of our survivor but really mad that she had to deal with this perp TWICE.

jmo

Maybe they described him that way because of this:

"About two weeks before this frightening incident, Stanga allegedly approached her at the same bus stop and began speaking to her in Spanish. Feeling uneasy, she walked away and reported the incident to her mom, teachers, and school principal. "

Florida 11-year-old girl fights off knife-wielding sex offender Jared Paul Stanga in terrifying video
Yes, I read that but my point is that saying hispanic male would create a false impression of the physical characteristics of the perpetrator. It is likely a person that speaks Spanish (fluently) and approached a victim that he considered hispanic speaking in "her" language to create confidence. It is probably important to know that the perpetrator spoke fluent Spanish and say something like "white male that speaks fluent Spanish". My neighbor speaks perfect Spanish because she is a Spanish teacher but describing her as a Hispanic female would only create confusion about her physical characteristics. I speak German but describing me as a German male would only create confusion about my physical appearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back