Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, May 11, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Έγκλημα στα Γλυκά Νερά: Νέα στοιχεία στις έρευνες - «Κλειδί» η κατάθεση της ψυχολόγου της Καρολάιν
Homicide profilers are investigating who could possibly have known about the money the couple withdrew to purchase the lot. They're also trying to read between the lines of what Caroline's psychologist* has told them, in order to get a better idea of the family's daily life and routine. They state that her testimony could shed some light on a couple of unknown aspects this case has. So far, the forensic evidence analysis and examination has produced poor results. Also, B will be called once more for questioning.

*Maybe the word "therapist" would be more appropriate in this case. However, since the article doesn't mention anything else about this person, and I believe this is the first time I've even heard of her existence, I had to go with the literal translation of the Greek word used-ψυχολογος- until we know more.
I'm puzzled as to how CC's therapist/psychologist could shed light on the case.

One possibility:

If the psychologist knew of significant marital difficulties or perhaps previous violent incidents with the husband (e.g. spousal abuse) this could cast suspicion on the husband and provide a possible motive for murder.

This is just speculation and JMO

But of course she might turn out to be a key witness! She knows everything about C's state of mind, alleged problems in mariage etc. It is intriguing that such a young woman needed mental health help (I suppose that's why she sought a therapist). I wonder if the therapist contacted the police (it is significant to the case) or it was just routine for police to interview all C's relatives, friends etc. So the therapist is the mysterious witness. I think this person will help to solve this horrible crime!

@caylee17799 check this out

Now they're questioning how is it possible that the husband supposedly suffered hypoxia, yet did not need oxygen to recover.

Κατέθεσε στην Αστυνομία ο ψυχολόγος που παρακολουθούσε την 20χρονη Καρολάιν - ΤΑ ΝΕΑ

Very good question. I've been skeptical of this "30 minute loss of consciousness due to hypoxia" as well. If his oxygen supply was completely cut off for 30 minutes, he wouldn't just lose consciousness, but probably suffer irreversible brain damage as well (which was almost certainly the case of the Helios 522 victims that are referenced). In our case, maybe he retained the ability to breathe (honestly, I can't see him doing that, if his face/mouth was taped as described), but most likely, he would need some sort of supplementary oxygen to regain consciousness.
(I am not an expert, but I'm studying medicine. Still, the above are considered MOO, based on what I've been taught so far.)
So, apparently, that "mysterious private citizen" we heard about yesterday, was the therapist, right?

It is intriguing that such a young woman needed mental health help
The first thing that crossed my mind was that maybe she suffered from postpartum depression. But even if she didn't, her life had changed drastically during the last three years (graduation from high school, university, marriage, life away from home/parents/island, pregnancy, baby, pandemic...), so maybe she felt that she needed support, or guidance, from a professional. Also, B apparently was away from home a significant part of the day, so she could be feeling lonely... I don't know, I'm just speculating of course. But I don't think that just the fact that she had a therapist is that weird.... my opinion, of course, could change, depending on what said therapist has told the authorities....

The first thing that crossed my mind was that maybe she suffered from postpartum depression. But even if she didn't, her life had changed drastically during the last three years (graduation from high school, university, marriage, life away from home/parents/island, pregnancy, baby, pandemic...), so maybe she felt that she needed support, or guidance, from a professional. Also, B apparently was away from home a significant part of the day, so she could be feeling lonely... I don't know, I'm just speculating of course. But I don't think that just the fact that she had a therapist is that weird.... my opinion, of course, could change, depending on what said therapist has told the authorities....
Sorry, I didn't want to sound that seeing a therapist is weird. But to me it is the last resort - one has friends to talk and help, relatives. Sth must have been worrying C to seek help from a professional. But it is just my opinion. Post partum depression - right, but then you go to your GP. Sessions with therapist means sth more serious. JMO

Last edited:
Maybe I misunderstood, were B and the police giving a joint press conference when the news about the therapist and twist came out? Or was he interviewed by reporters separately?
No, all those recent updates , regarding the therapist etc have been relayed to the press by a police reporter that (I suppose) has sources in the police department. I don't think I've seen B talking to the media, or even appearing on TV since at least last Friday, and that was during Caroline's funeral.

It could be so many reasons, it’s not necessarily anything that she was seeing the therapist for, more likely it’s just something she said when she was able to talk in confidence, possibly about B’s past?

But I can’t think of any way at all the therapist could help if they were just targeted randomly….

No, all those recent updates , regarding the therapist etc have been relayed to the press by a police reporter that (I suppose) has sources in the police department. I don't think I've seen B talking to the media, or even appearing on TV since at least last Friday, and that was during Caroline's funeral.

Thanks, when I read that B had said he was confident in the police again I assumed they were all answering questions at the same time

It could be so many reasons, it’s not necessarily anything that she was seeing the therapist for, more likely it’s just something she said when she was able to talk in confidence, possibly about B’s past?

But I can’t think of any way at all the therapist could help if they were just targeted randomly….
That's why the reporter said to wait for a TWIST in the case. And B mysteriously vanished from the media.

Am I understanding the story from the police is more or less as follows thus far:
No cctv evidence
No witness evidence
No forensic evidence
No sign of CC struggling
B's hands were taped in front (not behind his back)
Unclear which door 'gang' exited
No links to Georgian man so far

So - now as we have a victim's therapist in the picture I wonder what was incriminating 9n cameras' footage

Sorry, I didn't want to sound that seeing a therapist is weird. But to me it is the last resort - one has friends to talk and help, relatives. Sth must have been worrying C to seek help from a professional. But it is just my opinion. Post partum depression - right, but then you go to your GP. Sessions with therapist means sth more serious. JMO
No need to apologize! It's just that her parents lived away, and were quite old when they had her. Also, It's possible that she felt that her friends and her didn't share the same experiences, for her to receive any helpful advice from them. Here, it's highly unlikely you'll find many 20-year olds being married with children. People of that age are even being treated as children (I'm a little older than her, and I know that as a fact!). So all that could lead her to seek help/advice from a therapist, and good for her if she felt that it was necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa