TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very odd that one wouldn’t think to check the cameras, even forget about those cameras, when notifications are being sent to the same phone likely used to call in the missing child and burglary. I also find it odd that it took 3.5 hours to notice that child missing, unless of course, that child that nobody even knew was staying there, turns up dead in the middle of the street.

He was out free because our Mental Health system is trash. It does nothing and I know first hand, how useless they can be.

When my brother was CLEARLY having psychotic episodes, he would be taken in to a mental hospital for 2 to 4 days. He would begin taking meds, mostly lithium and they would then send him on his merry way.

Everything would go back to where it was within a week or two. My Mom would work hard to find Group Homes for him and that would work for awhile. But she had to do all of the work to try and keep him in his meds and taking them and getting his groceries etc. If it wasn't for my double Pisces Mother, he would have been a transient, living in a park somewhere.

The Mental health system knew he believed the CIA was after him. He was convinced that Johnny Carson was the main operative after him. My brother actually drove to Los Angeles from SF, and got a ticket for Johhny's show. And stood up from the audience and rushed the stage screaming at him....:eek:

that ^^ only got him 4 days in the Psych Ward. And they let him out on the streets of LA, where he didnt know anyone and had no place to go. My brother had to drive down and find him and drive back home, while he was still in full blown meltdown.

Yes. Mental health resources have been cut and cut and cut and now are quite literally non existent. Its really quite crazy, considering how much more we know about the importance of intervention, medication, support and follow along. There is no where and nothing available and more often than not, they end up in jail. Which, in my opinion, really needs to be cut into 3 sections, sometimes intersecting---- addiction, mental health and criminal. But. Thats neither here nor there. This guy was functioning in society and his mother was not willing or able to see clearly his deterioration. So, it was largely going unchecked. We NEEEEEEDDDDDD better mental health resources. I am shocked that it has been ignored and untalked about for so long. We definitely need criminal punishment. But, wouldnt we prefer to be able to cut some of that off before it becomes criminal? Where are the proactive measures in this society? ah. I spent too long working in mental health, so I am ranting and will stop now hahaha

Very interesting, thank you. IMO I think it’s safe to assume DB was alerted by the red light, he knew he was on video, and still carried out the first abduction, and came back a second time in daylight, but for whatever reason, didn’t follow thru, but knew he would be on cam, and didn’t care?

my baby monitors never recorded video, but I do have a pet cam setup to see what my pups are up to when I’m out. Like someone else mentioned, it’s motion/sound activated and sends images/clips to my phone when one barks or walks by. There’s an option to record video, but it saves to my phone and will kill the memory if I let it run all day. It doesn’t have a red light to indicate it’s been activated. I do have to manually turn it on before I leave and sync it with my phone.

So I wonder about this camera in the twins room, that their guardian seemingly forgot existed until one of her kids reminded her. Where was all the footage saved to? What is the point of a monitor/surveillance camera in the twins room, if it didn’t alert the guardian of sound or movement in the room? How many days back does the recorded footage go? Did someone have to manually turn it on and off every night?
I’m left wondering when the cameras were purchased and by whom? IMO

Thank you, and I don't think it was already posted. There is a Fox4 news video included. Just after halfway (@ 1:46) the reporter quotes the arrest affidavit, "... an Arlo baby monitoring system..." was in the room where the twins were sleeping. hth

ETA: time stamp and affidavit source

Great find and thanks for posting this. I was curious about the type baby monitor.
I didn’t have a baby monitor until my last 2 children out of 6. It just transmitted sound to a receiver. Very low tech but that’s what was available.
This Arlo baby monitoring system is pretty cool. Cute gray bunny design with optional interchangeable ‘outfits’ that can make it be a green bunny, spotted puppy dog or a yellow kitten
And it has all the bells and whistles.
There’s an Arlo App you download on your smartphone, tablet, iPad, computer.
You can turn it on from any of the connected devices and see and talk to your kids. It also functions as a nightlight.

More info and photos at link: Arlo Baby – 1080p HD Monitoring Camera & Table/Wall Stand

Great find and thanks for posting this. I was curious about the type baby monitor.
I didn’t have a baby monitor until my last 2 children out of 6. It just transmitted sound to a receiver. Very low tech but that’s what was available.
This Arlo baby monitoring system is pretty cool. Cute gray bunny design with optional interchangeable ‘outfits’ that can make it be a green bunny, spotted puppy dog or a yellow kitten
And it has all the bells and whistles.
There’s an Arlo App you download on your smartphone, tablet, iPad, computer.
You can turn it on from any of the connected devices and see and talk to your kids. It also functions as a nightlight.

More info and photos at link: Arlo Baby – 1080p HD Monitoring Camera & Table/Wall Stand

off to sleuth this arlo, thanks for bringing this post forward

eta battery specs. 6 hours is very interesting. So this device will record up to a maximum of 6 hours of movement/sound if I’m understanding correctly. For a forgotten about camera, plus the fact it’s recording the movement/sounds of 2 4 year old toddlers, it’s quite impressive that this forgotten about camera was able to record the events of that morning. IMO

Attachments

• AE5F4CE3-9F18-4438-A0BF-CE94329420E3.jpeg
    AE5F4CE3-9F18-4438-A0BF-CE94329420E3.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Maybe the night before and he never really left?
I agree @katydid23. This makes the most sense to me and the published timeline -- Cash was discovered on the street around 6:40 AM and he was not reported missing until after 10:30 AM. :eek:

10:48 AM: Woman calls 911

According to court documents, the father’s acquaintance who had been caring for the four-year-old and his sibling “At about 10:48 am, Witness… called 911 to report that a 4-year-old white male could not be located.”

Neighbors at the time questioned why it took so long for someone to notice that he was missing.

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon Died Of Multiple Stab Wounds When Found In Dallas Street

off to sleuth this arlo, thanks for bringing this post forward

eta battery specs. 6 hours is very interesting. So this device will record up to a maximum of 6 hours of movement/sound if I’m understanding correctly. For a forgotten about camera, plus the fact it’s recording the movement/sounds of 2 4 year old toddlers, it’s quite impressive that this forgotten about camera was able to record the events of that morning. IMO

It also plugs into the wall. The battery is for when the power goes out or you want to move it to another area with plugging it in.

I haven’t watched all of the 2nd video. I don’t think there’s a limit of how much video can be stored.
Video clips are stored for 7 days before it’s deleted.

*edit to add: the video clips are stored in a cloud on the app (I think that’s how it works)

I'm sure the police are sorting out all the evidence they do have and answers will come soon. Via media discrepancies are

18 year old son says he hadn't seen DB in about a week

Woman taking care of the twins said 2 days ago she told him not to come back

Maybe the older son wasn't there when he spoke, not knowing his siblings let him in? Could be.

The late missing child 911 call always makes me wonder.

It's very obvious it's DB on video taking little Cash and coming back to hover over his twin. Chills

I know how bad mental illness can be first hand to a family. @katydid big hugs.

Waiting for charges to be enhanced or spread around. I think they will be enhanced for DB. jmo

You're in Dallas? Do you have insight into how Covid-19 impacted the school system there?

I thought perhaps the twins were being "home-schooled" because the schools were shut down. Here in NYC the schools were shut down for a year and now parents/guardians can choose whether to send them in, or keep them home doing Zoom. That's allowed a lot of children to get lost in the system and really not "attend" school at all.

In NYC most four-year olds attend pre-k, but it's not mandatory. Covid has made education very scattershot here. I was curious if this played a role in the twins not attending any kind of early education classes.

4 year olds are not required to be in school. Also, she did not have legal custody of them and I suspect that would be an issue when she tried to enroll them, so I highly doubt they were even enrolled in the school system yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Mental health resources have been cut and cut and cut and now are quite literally non existent. Its really quite crazy, considering how much more we know about the importance of intervention, medication, support and follow along. There is no where and nothing available and more often than not, they end up in jail. Which, in my opinion, really needs to be cut into 3 sections, sometimes intersecting---- addiction, mental health and criminal. But. Thats neither here nor there. This guy was functioning in society and his mother was not willing or able to see clearly his deterioration. So, it was largely going unchecked. We NEEEEEEDDDDDD better mental health resources. I am shocked that it has been ignored and untalked about for so long. We definitely need criminal punishment. But, wouldnt we prefer to be able to cut some of that off before it becomes criminal? Where are the proactive measures in this society? ah. I spent too long working in mental health, so I am ranting and will stop now hahaha
This is not unique to the US. Where I live, we have good support services for mentally ill people but.... you cannot keep people locked away because of what they might do. You can offer them support but, you cannot force them to accept it.
It is a real dilemma in a world that seems to have more and more mental illness.

bbm

"The Dallas County Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a 4-year-old boy whose body was found abandoned in a southwest Dallas street early Saturday a homicide, adding that the child later identified as Cash Gernon died from multiple stab wounds."

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon Died Of Multiple Stab Wounds When Found In Dallas Street
Very confusing story? So the Father disappeared in March, the Mother had been looking for the kids. They were living with an acquaintance of the Father. Who are these people who had the kids? Why was a four year old in a crib? Were they ever on CPS radar, or reported missing to LE? So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress