Found Deceased FL - Delia Young, 13, Gainesville, 15 MAY 2021 *ARREST*

I can, if things are not good at home -- maybe some visitor or relative drops by who has scared or hurt her before -- or her hearing that "Cousin So-and-so is coming to visit tomorrow," for instance.

She doesn't weigh enuff for her height and age. She's too tiny.
Oh, what a sweet but s0-s0-s0 sad little face.
that was my first thought. The only reason a 13yr old would go out or run away in pjs was if she was in extreme danger and didn't have time to dress. But she took her unicorn bag with her? Something is off. The photos of her show a girl who looks way younger than 13 and dresses young for 13. I was wondering if they were older photos maybe.

The area she went missing is pretty rural, outside of Gainesville. Looks like it might even be an unpaved road. Google Maps

I am local and actually just drove by the location about two weeks ago. It is an unpaved residential road off of state road 121, which runs all the way to Georgia and South Carolina. The address itself is about a quarter mile off 121.

The area is rural and there isn't much around. It's about 12 miles from downtown Gainesville.

Last edited:
Could she have a callous on her thumb from playing the guitar or other instrument?
I've searched everywhere about this girl but cannot find anything anywhere. No family or friends sharing the missing posted on Facebook or anywhere.
No pleas for her safe return.

I am local and actually just drove by the location about two weeks ago. It is an unpaved residential road off of state road 121, which runs all the way to Georgia and South Carolina. The address itself is about a quarter mile off 121.

The area is rural and there isn't much around. It's about 12 miles from downtown Gainesville.
now I'm even more concerned after seeing her address on the map. I really doubt she would have left in her pjs in the middle of nowhere.

The area she went missing is pretty rural, outside of Gainesville. Looks like it might even be an unpaved road. Google Maps
This is probably a crazy idea, but I notice a primate sanctuary is near her home. Could she have walked there because she likes the animals and met with trouble?

The purse with the PJs is concerning - was she last seen in the home with her purse? Or outside the home in PJs carrying a purse? What does she like to carry in her purse?

So many unanswered questions about someone who has been missing for awhile.

jmo

People come in different sizes, some are under average weight. I wear children's medium and I am in my 50's. Try shopping with that scenario, LOL!
Someone under weight does not always mean anything negative. She could come from small parents as I have.
I have to mention this every time it is brought up if a person is small. No one brings up if they are overweight.
Not wanting to be offensive just a reminder.
My weight is not that far off from hers.

Last edited:
People come in different sizes, some are under average weight. I wear children's medium and I am in my 50's. Try shopping with that scenario, LOL!
Someone under weight does not always mean anything negative. She could come from small parents as I have.
I have to mention this every time it is brought up if a person is small. No one brings up if they are overweight.
Please note I was NOT implyng anything negative about her size. I am wondering if they are current photos.

jmo

If you want to make someone look like they ran away or left willingly, you would take a bag or purse they carried.
But not a cellphone because of tracking.
Whenever I see a crime show that has a females purse left behind, people mention they would not leave without the purse and it sends red flags.
She could have left willingly but why go in pj's and just take a purse and not a bag or backpack? The pj and purse combo is strange imo.

IMO something is odd about this case. I don’t think of her as a young teen that willingly walked off. I see a child, possibly with disabilities that cause her to act younger than her age. She was wearing blue pj’s with stars, blue circular sunglasses and carrying a pink purse with unicorns. That sounds childish to me.

The lack of media coverage and attention puzzles me. She went missing in a rural area. Why no searches? Why no pleas from her family? Why the delay in the missing child alert? When was she reported missing? Who reported her missing? Last seen in the ‘early morning hours’ on May 15. That was a Saturday...early morning like 5 am after sleeping? Or 1:00 am Saturday morning/Friday night?

Sounds like LE might know something bad has happened and issued the alert as a way to generate leads and gather evidence. They are investigating - likely questioning the family, neighbors and acquaintances, etc. - but not searching.

IMO something is odd about this case. I don’t think of her as a young teen that willingly walked off. I see a child, possibly with disabilities that cause her to act younger than her age. She was wearing blue pj’s with stars, blue circular sunglasses and carrying a pink purse with unicorns. That sounds childish to me.

The lack of media coverage and attention puzzles me. She went missing in a rural area. Why no searches? Why no pleas from her family? Why the delay in the missing child alert? When was she reported missing? Who reported her missing? Last seen in the ‘early morning hours’ on May 15. That was a Saturday...early morning like 5 am after sleeping? Or 1:00 am Saturday morning/Friday night?

Sounds like LE might know something bad has happened and issued the alert as a way to generate leads and gather evidence. They are investigating - likely questioning the family, neighbors and acquaintances, etc. - but not searching.
Good point about the disabilities. Would LE issue a Silver alert if that were the case?

The family is posting on the Sheriff's Facebook page. Sounds like her disabilities are playing a role in her stature and her behavior. They need to get to every single body of water ASAP. Get dogs out there, a grid search, drones, etc. she is likely very frightened and confused. Hopefully they can find her safe!

Regarding her small stature, do we know these are recent photos?
She looks underweight in one, tiny little angel. Leaving in her pj's, if it was under her own control, sounds like she was fleeing someone or situation. Otherwise I'm sure that LE has and is looking at her immediate family and/or family friends and neighbors.

My weight is not that far off from hers.
That was my Mom, kids clothes fit her til the day she passed.

The family is posting on the Sheriff's Facebook page. Sounds like her disabilities are playing a role in her stature and her behavior. They need to get to every single body of water ASAP. Get dogs out there, a grid search, drones, etc. she is likely very frightened and confused. Hopefully they can find her safe!
I wonder why LE could not come out a state this? Why no urgency or search? Do they think she is hiding and do not want to scare her so she does not try to flee further?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back