TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS, @lab.tx

Yikes! That doesn't sound very good....

So, burglary/ breaking and entering, then it says the MO is burglary/ habition. What is habition? Is it some police code or is it a misspelling of habitation?

So someone was awake and called in a Breaking and Entering, what, into their habitation? Hours before Monica woke up? If someone else in the family called that in, I'm pretty sure they would have woken MS to tell her they'd been burgled.

I know she said Cash always woke her and that's why she ended up sleeping late, no Cash to wake her. I was curious if by then Carter would've woken her, but maybe he was a late sleeper.

I could be wrong but I think habition is a typo. Habition appears to be French. Translate 'habitions' from French to English

With that said, 'habiter' (verb) means to reside, occupy, live in, take up residence, etc., which isn't far from the English word habitation. Habitions actually means dwellings according to the French-English dictionary.

I've seen the Daily Mail videos and the local news reports but nothing from National News? Does anyone have anything from National News stations?

coverage of this case in general in MSM or coverage of a specific portion of the case? There has been plenty of MSM coverage of the case in general.

Dallas 4-year-old Cash Gernon's death caused by multiple stab wounds: report

Murdered tot Cash Gernon's family blasts dad's girlfriend

'I Just Started Screaming': Investigators Look for Motive Behind Slaying of 4-Year-Old Dallas Boy

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon Died Of Multiple Stab Wounds When Found In Dallas Street

Dallas police: Video shows slain 4-year-old Cash Gernon being abducted from bed as he slept

here's some to get you caught up with some of the MSM case coverage

Last edited:
I can't wrap my head around why a random person would case, enter, abduct and kill a young child and then go back for the twin. How does this even become a plan? I'm just appalled.

Same reason 2 young lad would take a small child and abuse him (James bulger) , some people are just wired up wrong and they see kids as an easy target...he must of clocked things to give him the idea that he could easily snatch Cash. The fact he had hot away with it must of given him the balls to go back and do it again...wonder why he stopped

Murdered Cash Gernon's father says he paid the 'ultimate price' for leaving sons with his ex | Daily Mail Online

5/24/21

Cash Gernon's father has released a statement saying he has paid the 'ultimate price' for leaving his twin sons with his ex-girlfriend while he skipped town to avoid being arrested.

Trevor Gernon left four-year-old Cash and his brother Carter in the home of his ex-girlfriend Monica Sherwood in Dallas in March, a month after moving there in the hope of trying to find a job.

He fled Dallas for Houston after failing to find work, he said, 'among other things' like the fact he was due in court on felony drug charges on March 29 but failed to show up.

Bringing this post forward from thread#1, page#48, post#956:

TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

What I hear with my Beats headphones:

DB snickers when he leans over and touches Carter. Carter stirs in the bed.

DB steps away and says: yeah dat was deep

Still walking around DB says: snatched him out his crib from his own home

Last thing I hear from DB: now you got to go young man

All moo

Link to Daily Mail article with video:

Video reveals moment Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed

Do the ramblings of DB while hovering over Cash in the toddler bed remind anyone of song lyrics? I have about zero familiarity with modern music. There is something poetic about his remarks:

yeah, dat was deep
snatched him out his crib
from his own home
now you got to go,
(go) young man

When people become delusional, there is often a basis in what is important or familiar to them: historical figures and events, aliens, religion, fiction or poetry, lyrics. The information becomes garbled, and the benign may take on sinister meanings. JMO

For DB, the word 'crib' certainly has two meanings in every day speech. And it is interesting if he is referring to the 4 year old Cash as 'young man' because he isn't - he is a small child, manchild, boy, little boy, and nowhere near a 'young man.' Is DB repeating something he heard or was said to him? Is DB talking about himself as the 'young man' who got to go?

Last edited:
"Habition"???
Briefly:
@Arkay I don't think "habition" is a misspelling but think it's simply an abbrev. dictated by lack of space for characters in MO field in that computer program/appreport. But yes imo, habitation* is the intended reference, as defined by TX statute.

@Gemmie Yes, imo your interp was on target.
my2ct.

(1) "Habitation" means a structure or vehicle that is adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons, and includes:
(A) each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle; and
(B) each structure appurtenant to or connected with the structure or vehicle.
(2) "Building" means any enclosed structure intended for use or occupation as a habitation or for some purpose of trade, manufacture, ornament, or use."

^ PENAL CODE CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS

Last edited:
Bringing this post forward from thread#1, page#48, post#956:

TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Do the ramblings of DB while hovering over Cash in the toddler bed remind anyone of song lyrics? I have about zero familiarity with modern music. There is something poetic about his remarks:

yeah, dat was deep
snatched him out his crib
from his own home
now you got to go,
(go) young man

When people become delusional, there is often a basis in what is important or familiar to them: historical figures and events, aliens, religion, fiction or poetry, lyrics. The information becomes garbled, and the benign may take on sinister meanings. JMO

For DB, the word 'crib' certainly has two meanings in every day speech. And it is interesting if he is referring to the 4 year old Cash as 'young man' because he isn't - he is a small child, manchild, boy, little boy, and nowhere near a 'young man.' Is DB repeating something he heard or was said to him? Is DB talking about himself as the 'young man' who got to go?

I couldn't find anything Googling for some key terms for song lyrics but wanted to add that I've seen someone who writes what I call 'poetically'. It just has a very poetic flow to his/her writing style, even when it's not something to be poetic about (if that makes sense). IOW... if I wrote that way I'd have made this post flow poetically, yet not meaning to be poetic about it. It's just a writing style of some I suppose. Maybe he speaks to himself in that manner?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I don't believe there's any evidence that dad did not have custody of his twins and no claims I'm aware of that he kidnapped his sons. It's been reported that bio-mom was a long-haul truck driver and had no knowledge that dad was a fugitive and left the boys with guardian MS (M Sherrod). I believe mom came forward as soon as she learned about her murdered son and other child left with MS. MOO

ETA: correct guardian/ex-girlfriends initials.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I don't believe there's any evidence that dad did not have custody of his twins and no claims I'm aware of that he kidnapped his sons. It's been reported that bio-mom was a long-haul truck driver and had no knowledge that dad was a fugitive and left the boys with guardian CS. I believe mom came forward as soon as she learned about her murdered son and other child left with CS. MOO

Sorry what or who is CS?

ADMIN NOTE:

We all know that TG is not up for Citizen of the Year award, but please stop trashing this guy. While he may be an imperfect human being, there is nothing to indicate that his past in any way caused this horrific tragedy. Regardless of his past, it is NOT his fault that DB killed his child. We can all say "well if he'd done this" or "hadn't done that", but he is still a victim by WS standards, and he is very much a grieving parent.

Ease up with the judgmental comments !!

My hunch is Dallas LE is awaiting the full autopsy report before murder charges against DB are filed, though that is just my guess.

"Autopsies usually take two to four hours to perform. Preliminary results can be released within 24 hours, but the full results of an autopsy may take up to six weeks to prepare."

Things To Know - Autopsy 101 | Post Mortem | FRONTLINE | PBS.

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member