Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, May 11, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we have a Greek media report. Starting around 6:40 it shows the details of the "scene" which confronted LE as they came upon the husband, the baby, and the victim. This is constructed based on witnesses and this news show's reporting. If this report is accurate, I'd say it raises many questions which, thus far, are unanswered.

As someone who doesn’t have a clue about this, are helicopter pilots usually wealthy?
Very few would be truly wealthy.

But..... some are both pilots and owners of a charter helicopter service. The possibility of business ownership allows for more income, espescially if the charter service includes operating more helicopters and employing more pilots.

I think the husband has always been referred to as a "pilot", and not a "business owner" per se. This would seem to suggest that he is salaried, or owns a charter service consisting of himself flying a leased helicopter.

This is unlikely to move him into the ranks of the truly wealthy. But.... he could well be high income- espescially if he owns the charter service and has steady clients.

Last edited:
Here we have a Greek media report. Starting around 6:40 it shows the details of the "scene" which confronted LE as they came upon the husband, the baby, and the victim. This is constructed based on witnesses and this news show's reporting. If this report is accurate, I'd say it raises many questions which, thus far, are unanswered.

Yeah that certainly raises more questions, particularly the way he’s taped up and where that baby is….

So Caroline didn’t have her hands tied behind her back after all?

Last edited:
I wonder how accurate the depiction of the scene is. At 4 o’clock in the morning they seemed to be dressed in daytime clothing, except for the baby. I agree with Winterbells that the baby would have been put in his crib not to be in their way. Especially if she put up a fight, the struggle would have been all over the bed. A little staged, No? Doubtful that he would have stayed on the bed, which looks like a double bed, not huge, he would have fallen off.

Was the room searched for the rest of the roll of tape? If they used it all, they would have been left with the cardboard, where did it go. Did the police keep the tape for fingerprints? I guess I watch too many crime shows.

That picture - the reconstructed scene - with B and the black tape. First, I would shrug my shoulders, which would hopefully move the tape up to my collar (yes, along with my shirt); then I would raise my hands to pull the tape off my face. Next I would check how my wife was, and try resuscitation (yes, with my wrists taped together.) Then I would pick up my child to comfort her (yes, with my wrists taped together.) And finally, I would use my phone to call for help (yes, while holding my child between my arms), and using one or both hands.

Being extra careful not to cast speculation, I think I can safely say without violating TOS, according to all media reports, from Greece to UK to AU, and in video of press interviews with BA, his neighbor, and the police, which have been posted repeatedly in this thread, he said he first re-dialed a neighbor with his nose, and then the police, also with his nose. Not jmo.
BBM
A neighbour who was the first to be alerted to the tragedy after being called by Babis, described what happened as the baby was brought out.
“I came outside and I saw the police were here. Babis was in shock and could not speak.”
He left the house carrying baby Lydia and found his mother waiting, who took the child in a moment captured by photographers.
The neighbour added that Babis had been able to raise the alarm by using his nose to dial his phone and call the most recent dialled number, which was hers.
She took the early-morning call, but initially could not understand what was being said because Babis had been gagged.
She said: 'He was screaming, he was screaming but I could not understand what he was saying because his mouth was gagged.
'I thought it was a medical problem. I went outside to investigate and I saw and then I knew it was much more important.
Greece burglary murder: Woman's daughter was 'trying to wake her up' as police arrived | Daily Mail Online

“Charalambos 'Babis' Anagostopoulos, 33, says he was tied up by the robbers but later managed to call police by dialling using the tip of his nose. The helicopter pilot has been called in by police to give evidence three times since the killing in eastern Athens last week.”
Greek police say ‘everything still open’ in hunt for Caroline Crouch’s killer

Being extra careful not to cast speculation, I think I can safely say without violating TOS, according to all media reports, from Greece to UK to AU, and in video of press interviews with BA, his neighbor, and the police, which have been posted repeatedly in this thread, he said he first re-dialed a neighbor with his nose, and then the police, also with his nose. Not jmo.
BBM
A neighbour who was the first to be alerted to the tragedy after being called by Babis, described what happened as the baby was brought out.
“I came outside and I saw the police were here. Babis was in shock and could not speak.”
He left the house carrying baby Lydia and found his mother waiting, who took the child in a moment captured by photographers.
The neighbour added that Babis had been able to raise the alarm by using his nose to dial his phone and call the most recent dialled number, which was hers.
She took the early-morning call, but initially could not understand what was being said because Babis had been gagged.
She said: 'He was screaming, he was screaming but I could not understand what he was saying because his mouth was gagged.
'I thought it was a medical problem. I went outside to investigate and I saw and then I knew it was much more important.
Greece burglary murder: Woman's daughter was 'trying to wake her up' as police arrived | Daily Mail Online

“Charalambos 'Babis' Anagostopoulos, 33, says he was tied up by the robbers but later managed to call police by dialling using the tip of his nose. The helicopter pilot has been called in by police to give evidence three times since the killing in eastern Athens last week.”

Yes, that is indeed what he seems to have said. He used his nose. It would have been quite a feat, especially when it appears as though he could have used his hands.

That poor, poor baby. What an abominable way to begin one's life. Adults may have their demented issues, but to involve a baby is truly unspeakable.

BBM

Except this report, which says he called police first and then his neighbour, which wouldn't have been most recently dialled number anymore.

translation by google -

"On the nightstand next to the bed I had left the cell phones to charge. As my eyes were blindfolded, there was a crevice that allowed me to have a relative visibility. "So I started an attempt to approach it and drop it to call 100 ," the 32-year-old told police.

He is tied like a salami, as characteristically described by the police officers who found him, but he manages to crawl, drop the phone and with his nose press the central button of the smartphone, unlock it and with all the visibility allowed by this small crack to call 100. The time is 6.16 in the morning. The voice on the other end of the line at the Call Center of the Immediate Action sees the number, but finds it difficult to understand what the caller wants to say. The 32-year-oldwith roars he struggles to ask for help and to give his mark. He had to repeat several times ... "I was robbed. Come to Panagouli Street in Glyka Nera. It is very serious " , he said to the answering machine of the Immediate Action. He then forms the neighbor's number again with his nose to call her for help. The woman immediately called the police giving the address, but believing that her neighbor had a stroke .

The center announcer sends to all the crews of the Immediate Action to go directly to the specific address using the siren and the lighthouse, as a very serious incident is in progress and a person calls for help. At 6.20, a patrol car with two police officers arrives at the scene.

Έγκλημα στα Γλυκά Νερά: Η συγκλονιστική κατάθεση του άντρα της Καρολάιν

Except this report, which says he called police first and then his neighbour, which wouldn't have been most recently dialled number anymore.

translation by google -

"On the nightstand next to the bed I had left the cell phones to charge. As my eyes were blindfolded, there was a crevice that allowed me to have a relative visibility. "So I started an attempt to approach it and drop it to call 100 ," the 32-year-old told police.

He is tied like a salami, as characteristically described by the police officers who found him, but he manages to crawl, drop the phone and with his nose press the central button of the smartphone, unlock it and with all the visibility allowed by this small crack to call 100. The time is 6.16 in the morning. The voice on the other end of the line at the Call Center of the Immediate Action sees the number, but finds it difficult to understand what the caller wants to say. The 32-year-oldwith roars he struggles to ask for help and to give his mark. He had to repeat several times ... "I was robbed. Come to Panagouli Street in Glyka Nera. It is very serious " , he said to the answering machine of the Immediate Action. He then forms the neighbor's number again with his nose to call her for help. The woman immediately called the police giving the address, but believing that her neighbor had a stroke .

The center announcer sends to all the crews of the Immediate Action to go directly to the specific address using the siren and the lighthouse, as a very serious incident is in progress and a person calls for help. At 6.20, a patrol car with two police officers arrives at the scene.

Έγκλημα στα Γλυκά Νερά: Η συγκλονιστική κατάθεση του άντρα της Καρολάιν

Another discrepancy, could all the media just be making things up?
<modsnip>
As far as he could tell it was only a robbery, (but a serious one).
A robbery is trivial, no amount of money can replace the love of your life, nor the love between a mother and child.
jmo
I hope justice is served to her murderer soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member