Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

It has also occurred to me that perhaps someone AS knew, who LE might consider a POI, is involved in other criminal activity that is being investigated. It may be very complicated nailing this perp if they are also part of a larger criminal enterprise that could yield a number of indictments on multiple charges. The investigation might be much bigger and multifaceted than we think. IMHO

I think the delay of an arrest is because the suspect is not close to home and is someone not well known to the victim. If this was a chance encounter (offered help to her as an example) and she was dumped on the side of the road and the person just kept going, that's a tough one. IMO
If this was a chance encounter
A “chance encounter” after telling friends that she was “fearing for her life” seems unlikely.

A “chance encounter” after telling friends that she was “fearing for her life” seems unlikely.

Problem is, we don't know if she really said that, or if she really was "fearing for her life".
I don't put much stock in her insta-friends.

Beyond that, a "chance" encounter is just that, a random, unplanned, unexpected meeting and sadly, they happen with murder victims all day long, every day of the week, no matter what's really going on at home - good or bad.

I'm not so sure I think it was a chance encounter but I also don't think it was her husband. I suspect the man who killed her was known to her. And I've been wrong before, so there's that.

jmo

I think some people are being unfair about her friends and discarding what they’re saying because they’re influencers. That doesn’t sit right with me. I don’t doubt they actually know way more than they talked about. Alexis seemed to like them and enjoy their company, seems a bit weird to hate on them so much.

I think some people are being unfair about her friends and discarding what they’re saying because they’re influencers. That doesn’t sit right with me. I don’t doubt they actually know way more than they talked about. Alexis seemed to like them and enjoy their company, seems a bit weird to hate on them so much.

Between my age (mid 50's) and my youngest's age (late teens) I know of LOTS of "influencers" and it's for that exact and specific reason I don't take anything they have to say, as fact.

Some of what's been said may actually be factual but it's hard to tell when sponsored, paid influencers are peddling styles/opinions/fashions to the highest bidder. I know that ultimately, it's their own brand and how it succeeds that matters more than anything else and honestly I can't fault them for that, as we're all trying to keep the lights on.

But at the same time, truth and justice don't always mean the same thing to everyone.

jmo

I’ve always had concerns when hearing that phrase from friends & loved ones in other cases as well.

My first thoughts are - is the person paranoid who said it & they are not at risk, however their mental state should be the focus? Is the person who made the statement just saying it so LE investigates harder? Or the victim’s life was indeed in danger from someone specific. It’s just not a slam dunk statement for me. I still believe whoever murdered her was not close to home. As in a spouse for example. IMO

I also don't generally put much credibility on the statements of any type of celebrity however small or large but when one of those statements specifically described a pattern of behavior that then later directly corresponded with forensic evidence... I also generally give husbands a bigger benefit of the doubt than most people but...

I’ve been checking jail records regularly.I’m not on social but shocked by the silence. Worried those cops screwed up the first 48 hours.
What is it that you believe LE messed up during the first 48 hours? I recall the victim reportedly left home Friday evening and was found deceased a couple of miles from her apartment the following morning. The ME determined AS was strangled and her death a homicide. I'm not aware of any search warrants executed or POI named. Each requires probable cause and it seems investigators don't have that but not because they messed up in the first 48 hours. MOO

Has Houston woman Alexis Sharkey's murder case gone cold?

May 24, 2021

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Whoever is responsible for the murder of 26-year-old Alexis Sharkey, a woman who had moved to Houston in January 2020 and was known for her Instagram presence, still remains free six months after the crime was committed.

Her naked body was left alongside a desolate road left in the brush on Nov. 28 in west Houston.

[..]

Family and friends described her as a businesswoman who shared her life - travels, photos, and experiences - with the world through her Instagram page.

They initially spoke publicly about their distress and heartbreak following her disappearance and death. In the months since, they've remained quiet and said they're allowing homicide detectives to work the case.

Be sure to tune into Eyewitness News at 10 p.m. for the full story on updates in Alexis Sharkey's case.

Ask 2: Is there any new information in the Alexis Sharkey case?

March 22, 2021

At KPRC 2, we’re dedicated to keeping Houstonians informed. As part of our Ask 2 series, the newsroom will answer your questions about all things Houston.

Question: Is there any new information in the Alexis Sharkey case?

Answer: The body of Alexis Sharkey was found in November 2020 after her family reported her disappearance.

[..]

Over the weeks since her death, KPRC 2 has repeated calls for more information from law enforcement officials. Since January, there have been no updates of note on the case.
________

It appears to me that LE does not need help from the public and are working their own leads to solve this tragic cime. #Justice for Alexis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back