Found Deceased PA - Nathan Lauer, 38, Allegheny River/Gilpin Township, 22 May 2021

Just to give a bit of an idea as to the area - we live in very rural amish country. I am not familiar with where the camp is but it looks to be on the outskirts of Pittsburgh area. It wouldn't take long into the drive back to leave "civilization" and be on what most would consider country roads. Few stores or gas stations on the route and very spotty cell service. There would likely be no way to track the drive friend B made or any detours.

I'm hoping Nate's family can find some answers today. I feel sure Law Enforcement has interviewed Friends A and B thoroughly....and even if B says he can't remember anything, Friend A's testimony about that morning (the breakfast, the swimming, a rowdy encounter, etc.) might serve to trigger a memory.

I find Nathan's wallet ending up or still in friend B's car to be pretty concerning. I would think if Nathan was aware friend B was leaving, he would have grabbed his wallet out of his vehicle.

I also want to note that "I didn't take Nathan home" is quite different than "Nathan did not leave with me." Not that Friend B remembers anything.:rolleyes:

Having seen plenty of drunken arguments amongst good friends, I've seen how quickly everything can go from buddy-buddy to throwing punches back to buddy-buddy. But I've also seen it enough times where it's just round and round all night. I wonder if the boys got into another argument after friend A went to bed?

The only way I can see this turning out friend B had nothing to do with Nathan's disappearance would be if they did get into another spat, Friend B left heated in his vehicle in a hurry, and Nathan stormed off somewhere and is just taking a breather, but it seems he would have returned to Friend A's camper after a bit if that had been the case.

How far was Nathan's hat from the water? I could see him taking it off to go swimming, but I can also see it getting thrown off in a fight.

I’m wondering if he went to the other camp on accident because he was intoxicated or if he was trying to get help.

When camping many years ago with some of my guy friends, one of them was so drunk and slept walked to a camper a couple spots over and was looking for Mrs. Beasley he said..which was an old teacher of his o_O

I've tried sitting on my hands like many of you do, but I'm not that talented. I wonder how Friend B is doing right about now? I'd imagine he's healed up from his hangover by now, so I'd be interested to know whether he's regained any of his memory from the camping trip. I still can't understand his urgent need to leave the camp w/o Nate or before telling Friend A goodbye. What in the world was his rush and where did he go for all those hours? Perhaps the results of the investigation will help Friend B remember some things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back