Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSandBBM

This! If his story was true, he would be one of three who could have lead to the body. MOO

As much as I wanted the State's cross of CBR to be hard-hitting, I now agree it was better not to give wings to the fantasy, and stick to restating the known facts.

CBR quickly forgot that three men were allegedly at the cornfield!

I do hope the State uses their closing statement to show how dirty (and desperate) the defense bowed to attack so many innocents without legal or moral basis to do so -- especially when they opted to put their client on the stand to tell about his fantasy, bandito, abduction.

Hoping for conviction Friday...

Last edited:
Well….I’d hope the jury would see through that whole “political” argument. I mean….I know I have an opinion on the subject….but it all means Jack *** to the current case at hand. The suspects actions have nothing to do with his legal or non legal status(if anything it’s an afterthought/argument). He was in Iowa at the time of the murder in the exact town….down to the victim in his trunk. That’s all the matters. As I’ve become accustomed to saying….I’m agreeing with you….I just hope the jury sees it from that POV as well.
We think alike!

Why would that woman call the tip line?

I think Mollie’s disappearance etc triggered her anguish about the trauma her father inflicted. She is obviously still affected by it. He lived near there and she felt LE needed to know. I have no problem with her doing that. I have a problem with the defense traumatizing her again to play this crazy game they are playing.

Well….I’d hope the jury would see through that whole “political” argument. I mean….I know I have an opinion on the subject….but it all means Jack *** to the current case at hand. The suspects actions have nothing to do with his legal or non legal status(if anything it’s an afterthought/argument). He was in Iowa at the time of the murder in the exact town….down to the victim in his trunk. That’s all the matters. As I’ve become accustomed to saying….I’m agreeing with you….I just hope the jury sees it from that POV as well.
We think alike!

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Just heard from our pool reporter that we're not done for the day. She says back in 30-45 minutes for jury instructions.
2:16 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

More from pool reporter: Only two or so jurors are consistently taking notes. "One young female juror made herself comfortable in the gallery pew – legs propped up, elbow up with her head resting on her hand, frequently biting her nails and/or looking at her nails."
2:19 PM · May 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

I think Mollie’s disappearance etc triggered her anguish about the trauma her father inflicted. She is obviously still affected by it. He lived near there and she felt LE needed to know. I have no problem with her doing that. I have a problem with the defense traumatizing her again to play this crazy game they are playing.

I feel for that woman and I would have also called the tip line to suggest he be investigated. However, putting her on to testify seems to me to be more about giving her an opportunity to trash her dad on a national stage than anything to do with this case, and the defense team should own that.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Just heard from our pool reporter that we're not done for the day. She says back in 30-45 minutes for jury instructions.

More from pool reporter: Only two or so jurors are consistently taking notes. "One young female juror made herself comfortable in the gallery pew – legs propped up, elbow up with her head resting on her hand, frequently biting her nails and/or looking at her nails."

Why would they have jury instructions before the closing arguments?

CBR said he found work in 2 days didn't he?

This guy says within a year. HUGE difference.
I'm thinking CBR found his first job within a year (i.e., 1st farm in a different town) and his second job (Yarabee Farms) within days upon moving to Poweshiek County. Seems he first lived with an aunt and her electrician husband and next lived near his uncle - the farm laborer. MOO

I would've liked the Prosecution to be more direct. Ask him to describe just exactly Mollie's attire and condition when he covered her. Item by item, inch by inch. Tell the jury, CBR,what the sweatered corngoons did to her before you laid her to rest. As if.

Remind us again --

So much for blacking out.

JMO

Last edited:
I feel for that woman and I would have also called the tip line to suggest he be investigated. However, putting her on to testify seems to me to be more about giving her an opportunity to trash her dad on a national stage than anything to do with this case, and the defense team should own that.

And, in my opinion, the judge should have never allowed it.

Ho
Shannon Moudy on Twitter

Hopefully she is an alternate

They can call rebuttal witnesses.

I hope they do! I bet that is why they didn't hammer CBR too hard on cross. They let him speak listened to that fabricated mess and can possibly call witnesses tomorrow to pick apart several things he said. No way they could have been prepared today to do that without knowing that elaborate story he would tell.. and no could anyone have imagined up something so ridiculous?

When asked to describe his family, did CBR forget HE HAS A DAUGHTER?

Mine comes first before I start listing my family of origin.

Did he even remember he has one?

JMO
Yeah the daughter he was SO worried about being harmed that he went along with these masked me and kept quiet about a murder to protect her, but he forgot to mention her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member