Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lori is trying to plead incompetent to stand trial. While Idaho does not have an insanity defense... a person can be incompetent to stand trial and they have to be brought back to a standard where they are again competent to stand trial. Yep, that’s my opinion on this whole thing.
Could be. This is where LV's long-term zombieism and world's end beliefs would pay off...but likely not.

My original thoughts back when the court ordered a stay on hearings for Lori was that this was to do with MM pursuing a complaint through the bar association about RW. I still think that could possibly be the case, but today there is a second prosecutor involved in charging her. So that gives me pause enough to consider it could be something new that's been added to the mix. I'm also wondering about the mental competency aspect now, maybe she's asked for an evaluation because she's going to start with malingering now. It fits with her being so manipulative and always having to feel like she's winning.

I don't think it's to do with wanting alternative legal representation, that can be fixed later on.

MOO for the time being

You said the one word that came to mind for me: MALINGERING

The delays by LVD and MM are NOT in the interest of justice and "quite frankly" are a violation of the rights of the victims' families, IMHO of course.

Could be. This is where LV's long-term zombieism and world's end beliefs would pay off...but likely not.

The judge did say exigent circumstances. It is possible that Lori has had death threats, or threatened suicide; or if in a state of paranoia, believes that someone will kill her. MOO

Exigent circumstance - Wikipedia.

I think Lori is trying to plead incompetent to stand trial. While Idaho does not have an insanity defense... a person can be incompetent to stand trial and they have to be brought back to a standard where they are again competent to stand trial. Yep, that’s my opinion on this whole thing.

Bingo! I agree 100%. Now Lori is going to pretend to be crazy to prolong the inevitable. After watching Kay and Larry’s interview with Justin Lum this morning, I do not think the state will offer a plea to either Chad or Lori. Kay and Larry made it clear they want the death penalty for these two scumbags. And I know Prosecutors often take what the family want into consideration when trying to decide if they should seek the death penalty. Kay and Larry also made it clear that they believe others are involved (besides Alex, who is dead), and that they would like to see them charged too. I bet both of the Melanie’s are shaking in their boots! MOO

She'd have to have a psych eval to back that up, right?

With no insanity defense, Idaho hospitals urge quick court dates while defendant is still competent.

In Idaho, people charged with a crime cannot plead not guilty by reason of insanity. The Idaho Legislature removed that option in the 1980s. The state is one of just four without an insanity defense. But a judge can still find a person incompetent to stand trial, which means they are so unaware of their surroundings they are unable to assist in their own defense in any meaningful way.
When that happens, a judge orders they be committed for an initial 90 days, either to one of Idaho’s two state hospitals or, if they are deemed “dangerously mentally ill,” to a special ward in the Idaho Maximum Security Institution. After the first 90 days, if a judge feels they are still incompetent, the judge can commit them for another 180 days.

So...pure speculation on my part: The continuance could indicate a change in position by Lori? Possibly offering to turn evidence against Chad with the agreement that certain charges be dropped/mitigated; ie., the death penalty? Also, that the two cases would then become separated, which may be more to her advantage?

I don't know law well enough, but I wonder. I do sense that Rob Wood was NOT a happy camper. o_O:eek:

Maybe she will take a deal and charges will change?

Yeah, that's my take on this: Clearly (IMO), if/since the point of the hearing was for Lori to state that she understood the charges; the charges are going to change, and the original charges need not to be listed upon the record associated with Lori going forward.

I don't think this gives us any particular hints as to "why" the charges might change, though; that is still up to speculation at this point.

"LVD just had to agree she understood charges."

In my opinion, Lori Vallow is so sensitive to the negative judgement of others and to defending her own narrative around who she is, so paramount, that she never has and never will take responsibility for wrongdoing even acknowledging she understands the accusations is more accountability than she wants to take.

Last edited:
Bingo! I agree 100%. Now Lori is going to pretend to be crazy to prolong the inevitable. After watching Kay and Larry’s interview with Justin Lum this morning, I do not think the state will offer a plea to either Chad or Lori. Kay and Larry made it clear they want the death penalty for these two scumbags. And I know Prosecutors often take what the family want into consideration when trying to decide if they should seek the death penalty. Kay and Larry also made it clear that they believe others are involved (besides Alex, who is dead), and that they would like to see them charged too. I bet both of the Melanie’s are shaking in their boots! MOO

So do you think that MG realizes her pretend honeymoon with the Woodcocks is over?

In my opinion, Lori Vallow is so sensitive to the negative judgement of others and to defending her own narrative around who she is, so paramount, that she never has and never will take responsibility for wrongdoing.

"Narcissistic mortification is "the primitive terror of self dissolution, triggered by the sudden exposure of one's sense of a defective self ... it is death by embarrassment".

Narcissistic mortification - Wikipedia.

With no insanity defense, Idaho hospitals urge quick court dates while defendant is still competent.

In Idaho, people charged with a crime cannot plead not guilty by reason of insanity. The Idaho Legislature removed that option in the 1980s. The state is one of just four without an insanity defense. But a judge can still find a person incompetent to stand trial, which means they are so unaware of their surroundings they are unable to assist in their own defense in any meaningful way.
When that happens, a judge orders they be committed for an initial 90 days, either to one of Idaho’s two state hospitals or, if they are deemed “dangerously mentally ill,” to a special ward in the Idaho Maximum Security Institution. After the first 90 days, if a judge feels they are still incompetent, the judge can commit them for another 180 days.

Yes she would have to have some special hearings on that but if MM has verbally motioned it in the other case (in a sealed hearing) and they are waiting on a backlog to clear before she can be properly evaluated prior to treatment I think I can see it taking this long and her cases being put on hold until that is done. I read some articles a few weeks back about Idaho having a backlog of cases where the defendant was found to be incompetent (or needed to be evaluated for it). Apparently there was also a shortage of treatment beds at the facilities that treat defendants that are on a 90 day hold. I can look to see if I can find those articles again, even they were pre-pandemic so I am really curious how the pandemic has played into any delays there might be if this is truly the issue. MOO

In my opinion, Lori Vallow is so sensitive to the negative judgement of others and to defending her own narrative around who she is, so paramount, that she never has and never will take responsibility for wrongdoing.
But why could a judge go along with that? No criminals want to face charges, but they have to. Why special arrangements for Lori?

jmo

Consciousness of the crime evidenced by trying to evade punishment is enough to nullify mental illness plea.

But why could a judge go along with that? No criminals want to face charges, but they have to. Why special arrangements for Lori?

jmo

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of a situation somewhere where a defendant has tried this (being cautious because I can't promise it wasn't on some TV legal drama, lol), and a judge was all "um, yeah, you have to give us a verbal perceptible answer". They don't care what she wants.

Both Kay and Larry (speaking to Justin Lum), and Annie C (in the EIN article published earlier today), have spoken about waiting now for co-conspirators to face charges.

“I want to see the coconspirators’ feet held to the flames,” Cushing said. “I want everyone who aided Chad and Lori in these crimes to be held accountable and I want justice.” 'I pictured this day so many times,' says Tylee Ryan's aunt following murder indictments - East Idaho News

I don't think the state can delay the bringing of charges, if it has the information already. I'm sure I heard Scott Reisch saying something about that long ago, in regard to bringing murder charges against Lori and Chad. Something to do with delayed justice, or some such principle. However long it takes I think we're in for some interesting and shocking revelations along the way.

Dang it! To have been a fly on the wall during the side-bar! Why do you think Lori was granted a continuance. Means wanted it, Woods didn't. I am guessing the judge awarded it because he doesn't want there to be any grounds for mistrial later. Do you think Lori will turn on Chad? The more I see, the more I wonder if she really believed the crap Chad was feeding her.

The Judge also has to teach MM how to be a defense lawyer in this type of case…saying it nicely….so to make sure nothing comes back on them, the court. The Judge is letting some things be continued as MM does not know exactly what he is doing. I believe the Judge is doing a lot behind closed doors as he really is teaching MM….I believe this happened in the Felon Casey Anthony Case, when the Judge even remarked in having to teach Baez criminal murder law as the case went on. Finally death penalty lawyers were on/off/on case. But the Judge was teaching…much like here.

I believe another lawyer who will be first chair, will be on board soon.

I hope LV does get a psych eval but I worry if she goes away to a ‘special clinic or hospital’ for evaluation or treatment, she may try to escape or commit suicide. She may be given more freedom there, then in the jail. Jmoo

IMOO Chad is more likely to flip first. LV has Killed before (IMOO), she don’t care really, whereas Chad did not start killing until he met LV (IMOO).

I guess we will all wait and see.

And as for LV dark hair. Hair does not grow that long in a year, so the ends of her hair should be blonde still. She also would have an issue cutting off the blonde parts, no scissors allowed. I do not see the blonde anywhere. I noticed that on a local case too….the defendant was totally a dyed blonde longer hair when arrested. She just went to trial and her long hair was all one color, dark brown. So I wonder if females inmates are allowed to get their hair dyed in the jail. There may be provisions…I know I saw a show on Television which showed training for some inmates in jail and one was a hairdresser. So some jails and prison do have accommodations….how do the guys get their hair cut when confined? So there is a way.

Case I am referring to for possible hair coloring is Kimberly Compass, Wichita, Kansas. Guilty of Murdering her son Zayden Jaynesahkluah.

First link shows her at trial “as she hears sentence”. Note the dark hair. It had to be dyed, no way did it all grow out. I asked my hairdresser…..any hair dressers want to chime in?

(Now felon Compass argues with Judge after hearing she is not guilty. Her defense brings in a witness at the last minute to say the felon was innocent. Why the witness did not give evidence when asked by LE initially? Don’t know, sounds real fishy to everyone. Thankfully the jury did not agree.) Live in jail without parole.

Here are links of hair coloring….first link is dark hair.

Kimberly Compass found guilty of 1st-degree murder in death of 2-year-old son

Second link is initial jail house photo and she is dyed blond.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article251645773.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member