MN - Noelle Ness, 24, murdered by her brother Joseph Ness, 21, Chanhassen, 8 May 2021 *Arrest*

Bail is set at 1 million!

The family home is on zillow for 2.3 million. IMO higher end home for Minneapolis, Minnesota's suburb.

"Deputies found hundreds of spend rifle casings, bullet holes in the walls and many windows shattered by gunfire. Ness shot from his bedroom into his sister’s room across the hall, the complaint said. Twelve spent rifle casings were found near Noelle’s bed. Paramedics pronounced Noelle dead at the scene."
Chanhassen man charged with second-degree murder in fatal shooting of sister (copy)

Chanhassen man indicted in sister's murder

A Carver County grand jury has indicted a Chanhassen man over the murder of his sister.
Joseph Thomas Ness is charged with first-degree murder. He was already charged with second-degree murder back in May.

Deputies then entered the home they were initially called to and found hundreds of spent rifle casings, bullet holes in walls and windows shattered by gunfire, according to a criminal complaint. Deputies also noted it appeared Ness had shot into his sister's room from across a hallway. A total of 12 spent casings were found near her bed.

Noelle Ness, 25, was found dead in her bedroom with 18 gunshot wounds.

While executing a search warrant, authorities found six rifles — including AR-15s and AK-47s — ammunition and high-capacity drum magazines, according to the complaint.

His next public hearing is set for Oct. 6.

BBM IMO so what happens now? an arraignment for the new charges?
I'm glad he was charged with 1st degree murder. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around this whole thing. All those guns (legal?), assuming mental illness, a wealthy family, upscale home, mom in the house and a massive overkill of your own sister! Still a complete shocker

Joseph Ness Indicted On 1st-Degree Murder In Sister's Shooting Death

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 21-year-old Twin Cities man accused of shooting his sister inside their family home was indicted on a first-degree murder charge Wednesday.
Joseph Ness had previously been charged with second-degree murder in the death of his 25-year-old sister, Noelle Ness. He is in custody at the Carver County Jail, with bail set at $5 million with conditions and $10 million without.

Chanhassen man charged with first degree murder in fatal shooting of sister

Noelle Ness, 25, was found dead in her bedroom. She had been shot 18 times with a semi-automatic rifle. Paramedics arrived at the scene and pronounced her dead.
According to the release, in the execution of a subsequent search warrant, several AR-15 and AK-47 rifles were seized, along with ammunition, high-capacity drum magazines and tactical gear.

The omnibus hearing related to the charge is set for 8:30 a.m. Oct. 6 at the Carver County Courthouse.

BBM I learned some more details. Bail was 1 million to 5 million. IMO His parents might bail him out. You never know.
I Googled "Omnibus Hearing" and... "An omnibus hearing is a pretrial hearing. It is usually held soon after a defendant's arraignment. The main purpose of the hearing is to determine the evidence, including testimony and evidence seized at the time of arrest. "

Joseph Ness Indicted On 1st-Degree Murder In Sister's Shooting Death

Chanhassen man charged with first degree murder in fatal shooting of sister

BBM I learned some more details. Bail was 1 million to 5 million. IMO His parents might bail him out. You never know.
I Googled "Omnibus Hearing" and... "An omnibus hearing is a pretrial hearing. It is usually held soon after a defendant's arraignment. The main purpose of the hearing is to determine the evidence, including testimony and evidence seized at the time of arrest. "
I don't know how I missed this when it was originally posted. How horrific! When I think of how incredibly close my son and daughter are I just can't wrap my head around this.
To have that the amount of guns and amo in a home is shocking to me and it's absolutely heartbreaking that it ended the life of Noelle.

Case Search - Minnesota Court Records Online (MCRO)

i searched to get an update on this brother that killed his sister.

Case Information​

Case Number: 10-PR-22-1291 0 dash P R dash 2 2 dash 1 2 9
Case Title:In the Matter of the Civil Commitment of Joseph Thomas Ness, RespondentIn the Matter of the Civil Commitment of Joseph Thomas Ness, Respondent
Case Type: Commitment - Mentally Ill and Dangerous
Date Filed:07/11/2022July 11 2022
Case Location:Carver County
Judicial Officer: Cain, Janet L. Barke
Case Status:Under Court Jurisdiction

Related Cases​

10-CR-21-377
1 0 dash C R dash 2 1 dash 3 7 7
10-PR-21-204

It started in July 2022

Upcoming Hearings
12/20/2022 01:30 PM