WV WV - Angel Overstreet, 3 Months Old, Huntington, 8 May 2021

Tiff23fr

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - The Huntington Police Department is searching for a three-month-old baby girl who hasn’t been seen in weeks.

According to HPD, Angel Nichole Overstreet has not been seen since approximately May 8, 2021.

Representatives of West Virginia Child Protective Services (CPS) contacted the Police Department on Monday, May 24, stating they had been asked to follow-up with Angel’s father, Shannon Overstreet, regarding custody issues stemming from Kentucky.

CPS representatives also stated Shannon told them he had turned Angel over to CPS approximately two weeks earlier.

At this time, investigators are unable to substantiate a custody exchange between Shannon and the two described CPS workers.

Police searching for missing infant

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannon Overstreet
Shannon Overstreet

https://bustednewspaper.com/west-virginia/overstreet-shannon-patrick/20210524-191500/

2010 - Man accused of forcibly tattooing woman
SBM
...carved “King Shannon” into her back. He then allegedly filled the lacerations with ink to tattoo the inscription.

2016 - Huntington police say man charged with assaulting mother
SBM
Shannon Patrick Overstreet, 27, of Huntington was charged with malicious assault and violation of a protection order,

Yep, there's a real gem. :eek:

I’m from this area, and I didn’t even get an Amber Alert. It seems they didn’t do a great job texting it out. I know they did get one a county over, but we’re just as close as they are. Ugh. I love my state, but WV LE suck at getting info to the public (like updates), putting info in the media, having info on the news. It’s not uncommon. YES, there are definitely good LE. It’s just the bad seem to outweigh the good. I hope this baby is found safe, but it’s not looking good.:(
JMO

Huntington Police to hold press conference for missing three-month-old
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Huntington Police will be holding a press conference regarding a missing three-month-old baby girl.

It will be at 4:30 p.m. WSAZ will be in attendance. You can watch the presser here or over on WSAZ during First Look at Four.

ETA:
Few things picked up during the press conference:
-Finding Angel is key priority
-Have contacted CPS in WV, OH, and KY and confirmed no known exchange took place with official entities
-They are in contact with the mother and she is cooperating and not expected of anything at this time
-When asked why Shannon had Angel officer replied “His name is on the birth certificate.”
-Shannon is being held at this time due to charges in other cases
-Searching from Charleston, WV to KY and other agencies are joining the investigation

Last edited:
This week, detectives have conducted search warrants at Shannon Overstreet’s mother’s residence in Huntington where he has been known to stay. They also searched his vehicle and several digital devices.

HPD is also working with Kentucky State Police to execute a search warrant at a property he owns in Olive Hill. They are also working with the United States Marshals Service to locate any witness who may have knowledge on the location of the child. Huntington Police is also working with the FBI and the West Virginia State Intelligence Fusion Center.

Huntington Police say they’re concerned for safety of missing three-month-old

This week, detectives have conducted search warrants at Shannon Overstreet’s mother’s residence in Huntington where he has been known to stay. They also searched his vehicle and several digital devices.

HPD is also working with Kentucky State Police to execute a search warrant at a property he owns in Olive Hill. They are also working with the United States Marshals Service to locate any witness who may have knowledge on the location of the child. Huntington Police is also working with the FBI and the West Virginia State Intelligence Fusion Center.

Huntington Police say they’re concerned for safety of missing three-month-old

I highly doubt anything is at the mothers home, he beat the crap out of her 2016 she has a restraining order against him. Who would allow this guy "piece of " near them again after that. IMO

During the press conference the police chief said Shannon Overstreet is a person of interest but no suspects have been named! Thankfully he is in jail on unrelated charges so he can't take off!

I'm two hours from Huntington and have complete faith that Huntington Police are doing everything possible to investigate Angel's disappearance. Multiple surrounding agencies have offered help.

They were in contact with Amber Alert but sadly Angel's disappearance didn't meet the requirements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back