MD MD - Nancy Jason, 18, Bethesda, 20 July 1977

Nancy Lynn Jason – The Charley Project
Nancy Lynn Jason
  • nancy_lynn_jason_1.jpg
  • nancy_lynn_jason_2.jpg
  • nancy_lynn_jason_3.jpg
Jason, circa 1977; Age-progression to age 55 (circa 2013)

• Missing Since07/20/1977
  • Missing FromBethesda, Maryland
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/09/1958 (60)
  • Age18 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 124 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsJason suffers from epilepsy and requires medication which she may have not been taking at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jason's blood type is A-negative. She wears wire-rimmed eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Jason was last seen when she picked up some medicine at her Bethesda, Maryland residence on July 20, 1977. She has never been heard from again.

She was affiliated with the Divine Light Mission, a religious group based on Hindu beliefs that was founded in 1960 and rose to prominence in the West during the 1970s. She was possibly staying with their members at a house in Bethesda. She planned to attend a Divine Light Mission meeting in Florida and had packed clothes, money and a camera for her upcoming trip, but left them all behind when she went missing.

Jason has been known to hitchhike. It's possible she did travel to Florida without her luggage. She enjoyed jewelry making in 1977. She is originally from the Chevy Chase, Maryland area and graduated high school there. Her case remains unsolved.

I don't know how to do the side by side photos, but wondered what you all think of this PM. The shape of the face, eyes, and mouth all look very similar to me, but the weight is way off. I suppose it's possible to gain 50 pounds in 2 years, though...

It looks like no DNA sample was taken from the UID though, they only have dentals... and Nancy only has DNA, no dentals... <sigh>

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jason_nancy.html

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I know this is several years old, but if she started taking anticonvulsants again, it's common, especially for the older drugs, to have weight gain as an unpleasant side effect.

I grew up in Bethesda, though I wasn't around in the 70s.

I'm curious if anyone knows where this Divine Light Mission house stood? Given what I've read about this group, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that there was more than one of these houses in Bethesda.

Unfortunately, Bethesda has changed a lot and many of the old locals - the people who might remember something about the mysterious guy hanging around to recruit folks to his own following - are now gone (along with the many of the old houses).

@Caring1 Can you list the exclusions please? I have an idea but I want to see both lists first. I have the Doe's but not Nancy's.

I just read over the last two pages. I’m from Maryland. In fact I’m from the same county that she was originally from, Montgomery. Back then and even now to this day, “Bethesda-Chevy Chase” (that’s what it’s called) was/is an affluent area. Quite honestly I’m shocked to hear that no one ever bother to look for her/there was never an investigation to find her. People from Bethesda-Chevy Chase don’t just go missing and people don’t look for them.
MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back