TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

I just keep going back to the suicide idea, but Alan's brother seems to imply he was murdered, so I wonder if he has had the autopsy details to confirm this, or it's just his own hunch?

In my experience, no matter what the facts, family is loath to support a suicide cause of death. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t a murder, just that the brother has been alleging a crime since Alan disappeared. The fact that he’s still alleging a crime doesn’t mean he knows any more than he ever did.

In my experience, no matter what the facts, family is loath to support a suicide cause of death.
Well, there's no shame attached like there used to be years ago, and it's a cause of death that always has to be considered with a missing person.

I suppose it's more difficult than usual considering suicide with Alan, as he was (on the outside at least) a super-successful professional executive and also a wonderful involved member of his family and spouse to Rusty.

His brother thinks murder, and I just wish LE would reveal any bodily injuries Alan may have had when he was found, so we could lean towards suicide or murder. Is it totally inconclusive?
My only resistance against the suicide theory is that LE would have said by now if they knew it was suicide.

Which would also explain the wet seats. No sunroof in that car that I can tell. Maybe they knew early on that the car lit up with luminal?
Yes, this was what I thought -- some time after the car was discovered LE said he was an endangered missing person. I was thinking blood/luminol test in the car. JMO.

In my experience, no matter what the facts, family is loath to support a suicide cause of death. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t a murder, just that the brother has been alleging a crime since Alan disappeared. The fact that he’s still alleging a crime doesn’t mean he knows any more than he ever did.
You're right. We've seen this in many cases involving suicide here at WS. It's so difficult for the survivor's, no one wants to imagine their loved one in those last moments. There is a certain amount of guilt, as they sometimes feel they should have seen it coming. I still don't feel this is what happened with Alan though.

Is the Macan's interior leather or cloth? How long would the seats be wet? It had rained a day or two after Alan went missing, the car was found ?7 days later? Would the seats still be wet from rain after 5-7 days? are the windows are down, cracked? What level of wet were the seats? Sopping? you could put a towel down? you needed a garbage bag down first? Does leather dry faster than cloth? Does leather hold the moisture better than cloth?

Well, there's no shame attached like there used to be years ago, and it's a cause of death that always has to be considered with a missing person.

I suppose it's more difficult than usual considering suicide with Alan, as he was (on the outside at least) a super-successful professional executive and also a wonderful involved member of his family and spouse to Rusty.

His brother thinks murder, and I just wish LE would reveal any bodily injuries Alan may have had when he was found, so we could lean towards suicide or murder. Is it totally inconclusive?
My only resistance against the suicide theory is that LE would have said by now if they knew it was suicide.

I can't imagine he would bother to fill his car up with gas if he was about to commit suicide.

I can't imagine he would bother to fill his car up with gas if he was about to commit suicide.
But people have done more mundane things before suicide. Some people like the little ends tied up.....

And who knows, the suicidal thoughts could have become suicidal intent after he left the gas station.

The mind works in mysterious ways....

If you need gas, you need gas, even to get to where you might kill yourself...
But then, you might only take a gallon or two rather than filling up...
But then, at that point, you won't be paying your next credit card bill, so thrift is out...
But would you really kill yourself whilst dear filled-with-hope-and-promise young relative is staying with you? I think it unlikely the seemingly thoughtful Mr. White would have done that.
Three possibilities, in order of perceived likelihood. Would like to hear of others:
* Killed by bad guy intending to rob him of car/money, perhaps set-up as as a hook-up.
* Love triangle, if I can't have you then I won't let anyone else.
* Suicide.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288